Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with Family account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
First, thanks for any replies!

I created an account for my son, and shortly thereafter for my other son, daughter and myself. I linked us all under the family account (free). When we are logged into the game, we can't 'see' each other. I hope I didn't do anything wrong....I'm a level 9, son's are level 7 and 5, daughter is 1. I would hate to have to recreated all of the wizards again. Any ideas, help, advice?

Thanks in advance

William Nightflame
Level 9 Apprentice Pyromancer

Wizard101 has several Realms for our players to enjoy. All the Realms are identical so if you're in the Greyrose Realm and your friend is in the Wu Realm, you can be standing in exactly the same place and not see each other.

There are two ways to find your family and friends.
1. Agree on a Realm to meet in before you log in.
You can switch between Realms easily when you're not in a duel. Simply press Esc and select the very last tab on the top - and you will see a list of Realms to choose from.

CTRL - M is the shortcut key to bring up this section of your journal.

2. Players you know in Real Live can exchange a True Friend Code - this will allow you to teleport directly to each others location. To learn about True Friend codes, please visit this page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/truefriendcode

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 27, 2009
Exchange the true friend codes among all of the different wizards on the different accounts. That's the easiest way to be able to have them meet up. When they are all friends, click on the star next to the wizard name in the friends' list. When it is a filled yellow star it will stay at the top of the list, even if your kids make a bunch of other friends. That way, they will be able to tell who is family right away. The name lable will change color also, making it easier to see them in a crowded place.

Have fun in the Spiral!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
To Prospector Zeke and Willowdreamer:

Thank you both for the reply. I am going to jump in now and give it a try. It would be great to explore with my kids!

Thank you again for all your help,

William

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
ok, I tried the change realms thing and we still can't see each other. Also, I have the 101 option on the friends button. I can create a true friends code, but my kids don't have that option on their friends screen.
Any help would be appreciated.

William

Ah I apologize for the confusion. True Friend Chat must first be enabled through the Parental Controls for accounts under age 13.
You can find this option under the My Accounts section of your child's account.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 27, 2009
I think you may need to go into the parent account and enable the true friends ability for your childrens' accounts.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Prospector Zeke and Willowdreamer

Thank you both very much! That was the fix (changing the controls). My kids and I are now exploring together and having a blast.

Thanks again for all the help

William Nightflame