Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic? Ancient is just fine, thank you!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
You will max out all of your pets stats long before you are able to get your pet to epic. The 1000 exp gap between ancient and epic seems impossibly large.
Cheer up! You don't need to get your pet to epic! If you have maxed your pets statistics then the talents and powers your pet knows are already as strong as they will get.
The one talent and power your pet would learn at epic is a talent or power that could have been learned at teen, adult, or ancient! If your current pet lacks the talents and powers you want, just buy another of the same pet. You will have three more chances to get those talents and powers, as opposed to the one last chance you would have by making an ancient pet into an epic pet. It seems to me, farming for talents and powers in this fashion is easier than raising one pet to epic and hoping it will learn something useful.

Now, do keep in mind that each type of pet only has 10 talents and 10 powers it can learn. Further it will only learn three of those 10 at ancient. Make sure the talent or power you want can be learned by the pet you are trying to raise. Though I have no idea how you would find that out.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
That's well and good, but what about those pets that come with a card that you can't get until they're epics?

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
zebulous wrote:
You will max out all of your pets stats long before you are able to get your pet to epic. The 1000 exp gap between ancient and epic seems impossibly large.
Cheer up! You don't need to get your pet to epic! If you have maxed your pets statistics then the talents and powers your pet knows are already as strong as they will get.
The one talent and power your pet would learn at epic is a talent or power that could have been learned at teen, adult, or ancient! If your current pet lacks the talents and powers you want, just buy another of the same pet. You will have three more chances to get those talents and powers, as opposed to the one last chance you would have by making an ancient pet into an epic pet. It seems to me, farming for talents and powers in this fashion is easier than raising one pet to epic and hoping it will learn something useful.

Now, do keep in mind that each type of pet only has 10 talents and 10 powers it can learn. Further it will only learn three of those 10 at ancient. Make sure the talent or power you want can be learned by the pet you are trying to raise. Though I have no idea how you would find that out.

I know there is a new template for pets at the wizard 101 wiki site. If the community as a whole update those pages, along with the other wizard 101 forum sites, with the talents they discover, we can all work together to make a truly usable resource.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
he he... I just noticed that now that my Death Leprechaun is ancient it gives 2 Death Leprechaun cards instead of one. If it were to provide a third card at epic, I would admit that attaining epic level could, possibly, be worth while.

Sigh, the problem is still trying to get there with maxed out stats.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
ya epic is to hard to get if your pet has maxed out stats then you use fancy yogurt it gives 10 experience it stinks

plz make it easier to get

Administrator