Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How has recent changes affected your gameplay

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
I've experienced and read alot about the NPC's abusing every spell in the book and am curious what affect it has on everyones gameplay and long term enjoyment of the game.

1. If i get pulled into an unwanted fight now, i just flee. Not worth the frustration playing through it.

2. Since every fight is exactly the same, no matter the lvl or zone, i just cant justify the time it takes to lvl another grandmaster. Without a unique challange everyschool should represent, the replay value has plummeted.

3. The number of help requests has skyrocketed. Im not on 30 seconds when i get flooded with requests with my gm. Ive even considered dumping all friends on that one character just to be able to log on when i need some quiet time to get things done.

4. The upper to worlds are a graveyard now. Fewer and fewer people can no longer tolerate the grind and the tedium that leveling has become. And i can no longer justify the the expense for henchmen for every dungeon and instance.

5. I no longer allow people to port to me unless a request is first made.
To many people just want badges and credit for quests they dont deserve.
And i just cant tolerate the constant interuptions during battles.

Well that is enough for now. As you can see the game is not the enjoyable pastime it once was and will probably just delete it once my crowns have run out. Not out of spite or anger, just boredom and frustration. Hope KI can get things worked out soon.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I usually flee unwanted fights if I'm the only wizard there. The game doesn't reward random fights with enough experience to make it worthwhile.

There has to be some challenge to the game. We can train secondary spells and buy treasure crards. The NPC's should have some variety, too. I can see your point that it may have gone too far the other way.

Agreed about "friends". I have very few in-game, and I dump them if they are too annoying.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Wow, that's quite a rant! Sounds like you should just let your crowns run down but a few thoughts below.

malady48 wrote:
1. If i get pulled into an unwanted fight now, i just flee. Not worth the frustration playing through it.

This happens. It's annoying but part of the game. I use the logging out and back in trick and usually am able to get away without loosing my mana.

2. Since every fight is exactly the same, no matter the lvl or zone, i just cant justify the time it takes to lvl another grandmaster. Without a unique challange everyschool should represent, the replay value has plummeted.

Not getting this one at all! KI has done a great job giving each school it's individual gameplay! Every school is unique and plays very differently. And depending on which spells you use, each school is different for every player. I have 6 wizards and have fun with them all, especially as they level up!

3. The number of help requests has skyrocketed. Im not on 30 seconds when i get flooded with requests with my gm. Ive even considered dumping all friends on that one character just to be able to log on when i need some quiet time to get things done.

I only friend someone after battling alongside and chatting with them for a bit. Keeps down on the riffraff.

4. The upper to worlds are a graveyard now. Fewer and fewer people can no longer tolerate the grind and the tedium that leveling has become. And i can no longer justify the the expense for henchmen for every dungeon and instance.

It makes perfect sense that there would be fewer players in the upper realms: Getting to DS is hard work! Not everyone is going to go through with it (my kids didn't make it out of Krok). As for henchmen, I and many other players have soloed almost the entire game without every having used a henchmen (I didn't even know what they were until last month).

5. I no longer allow people to port to me unless a request is first made. To many people just want badges and credit for quests they dont deserve. And i just cant tolerate the constant interuptions during battles.

See 3 above. As in life, one should choose one's friends carefully.

Well that is enough for now. As you can see the game is not the enjoyable pastime it once was and will probably just delete it once my crowns have run out. Not out of spite or anger, just boredom and frustration. Hope KI can get things worked out soon.

I couldn't disagree more! All in all, with 5 million players in the game, I would say KI has done a great job balancing the competing challenges that come with such an MMO. W101 isn't going to be for everyone. But it certainly is a great past time for a lot of us. Keep up the good work KI!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Just throwing my two cents down the well...

1. Well I suppose they're annoying, especially when I'm almost certain I was out of there way, But the ESC key + Quit combo works like a charm.

2. Agreed with the person above me, I don't understand your reasoning here. Every class has their own unique way of progressing through the game. My first wizard was a Storm and I breezed through the game like nothing. My second is a Life and I can already tell it won't be anywhere near as easy as my Storm. Every school is special in it's own right, the fun part is getting adjusted to it ;)

3. I 'rarely' accept friend requests. I happen to stumble across WC every day on my way to the Arena and get flooded (being grand helps no matters). Just like the person above me was implying: I don't add people unless I've gotten to 'somewhat' know them. Most of the people I add do nothing productive to or for me. It's nothing but constant and unwanted PM's telling me to go to Dragonspyre. Needless to say, I remove friends pretty fast.

4. I'm disappointed that there aren't as many in the upper worlds, but it is expected. I'd rather DS be filled with very few skilled wizards, then tons of unskilled wizards. Henchmen are of course a waste of money. You use them once and that's that, It's MUCH more efficient and cheaper to get a friend to help. Besides, being Storm, I can solo anything.

5. Too few friends to teleport to me very often, if they do it's just to see what i'm up to, and i'm always up for a little assistance.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
2. I think this person means that all the MOBS have the exact same strategy and use all class spells. It makes it difficult when you expect to counter the mob class spells only to get hit with everything BUT that class. I also think all mobs no matter what level having Black Mantle and Weakness makes this game much less fun to play.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Are you sure you arent my friend blake i'm vanessa emerald glade and blake hawkhunter always has ports i am considering unfriend you/him cause no point of having a friend i can never see cept for the pic on the screen anyway i do agree help request is no where near plumiting i am considering to delete only those specific ones not all but mostly people who dont have text chat always ask "teleport to me" or "HELP" and yes i try to get to them BUT if i helped them then left and 2 seconds later "HELP!" i try to ignore till they bug me too much then i say "i'm busy sry" cause i usually am i mean trying to NOT get money cause i have to much and then trying to lvl to 48 to get my new spell ugh anyway. i agree with what you said like all of it lolz

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
What I dont understand is how there are ice wizards using an ice kraken! That is a storm spell that just got painted blue and is way to powerful! Use a wyvern and make it fair! I am and ice wizard and none of our spells are near that strong to make it even! We have worst spells, not that great of accuracy, and we always seem to fizzle! We dont need all that health when we are trying to end the fight! :(

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Well Malady48, every single complaint you listed has absolutely nothing to do with the update. All these "problems" existed waaaaaaaay before. A few of your complaints seems to deal with the behavior of the friends you have made, and that is not KI's fault.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Had to add one comment, leveling is mostly done through questing not mobs. This is a great thing as I have played many similair games and the most boring part is grinding for level. KI has managed to avoid that by focusing on quests, so go do some quests and you will be surprised how quick you level.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
The hand made treasures using keen eyes and toughs can no longer be traded which is very nice cause you don't get any more of those people who take and run. that helps me tons but I still do wish to support my friend with a few healing cards and all.

Pet Pavilion is gonna be a nice place to play for NPC. The only thing bad that comes to mind in the pet pavilion is Mixing Pets its REALLY cool but... Look at the price! I'd love to mix my satyr with a wraith but its almost 100K! took me long enough to even get 52K they could lower that to around 60-70K but the rest is the bees knees!

Hope to see you out there in the wizard world! Jared Life level 50 Grandmaster Life.