Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fought rattlebones 12 times: wont give sprite

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Hi! I fought rattlebones 12 times and he still didnt give me my well earned myth sprite! is this a glitch? and is there a easier way to get a myth sprite?

Survivor
May 06, 2010
I'm guessing there isn't a certain formula where you are garunteed one if you fight him X amount of times. I think it just has to do randomly with luck. Many of the pets that drop from bosses are rare, and you would need to fight them many more times that 12 to have it drop, otherwise it wouldn't be "rare" any more :)

Either way, good luck with your sprite, I hope you get it! :D

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Sorry to say its not a glitch you just have to keep battling rattlebones until he drops the myth sprite pet and there is no easier way to get the pet its pure luck when you get the pet.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
i don't mean to be rude but my little brother faced rattlebones on his regular quest and got a myth sprite. The percentage of getting a myth sprite is not very high, and I say a few more battles should get you one.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
radoris wrote:
Hi! I fought rattlebones 12 times and he still didnt give me my well earned myth sprite! is this a glitch? and is there a easier way to get a myth sprite?

It's all luck, keep fighting.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Its not a glitch.

I have fished the gurtok demon over twelve days watching numerous other people get the spook pet it drops. Just the way it goes. And drops, no matter how burned your eyes are or numb your brains get , is never an earned thing. Its just something that happens.

and there is no easier or harder way to get what you want from a drop. However, if you feel it will help, wear the same socks you were wearing until you get the drop.

It is discouraging watching others seem to easily to get what you want. I hope by the time you read this you will have or soon have the myth sprite.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
No glitch. I fought rattlebones on my new myth wizard that I made after my master Ice wizard and I got the myth sprite on the first try! I didn't even need it since my ice wizard already has it. You just have to keep on battling him
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 40
Ice wizard
Oni slayer

Mark Battleblood
Level 10
Undead conquerer
Myth wizard

Cody Legendspear
Level 5
Storm wizard