Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown to Gold ratio off?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Ok I was looking at an item that I would like to get without having to pay the money to get crowns with. Well the item that I wanted to get was a clothing item that has NO BUFFS on it what so ever! It only cost 7,000 crowns but in gold it cost 131,383 gold. Where as a mount cost 15,000 crowns and 90,000 gold. My biggest question is why it it that a clothing item cost more in game gold than a mount?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
Yep here is a simple sastistics

Red darkwing

90,000 gold=15,000

School houses

100,000 gold=10,000

What up with that?

Taylor Lotusfist lv.39 Diviner Realm Torrence

Hero
May 19, 2009
Change the color and it will be cheaper, all brown will only be about 40,000.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
the comment about the clothes is right. I buy the cheapest style I like in the color I want (which happens to be brown as well). Then I buy the clothing with the stats on it I want and change it brown. Then I often stitch the stats into the style.

That said, I think if you look you will find that gear at the bazaar is priced in part according to how many of that item is in stock. If there is only one of something it is very expensive. If there are many it is cheaper.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I actually noticed crowns were cheaper than in game gold. If you try and turn crowns into in game gold, in the end it would be cheaper to buy the item with the crowns, if you know what I mean.

Housing only costs 10, 000 crowns, but the gold is actually a waste of money. If your converting crowns to gold KI, make it even. 800 crowns for 1000 gold is a rip off.