Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
.Things I would like to see placed on Menu chat.........
1. Please dont hit my Feint
2.Please dont hit my convert
3.I cant port or leave, I am in dungeon.
4. That is a single player quest.
5. Dont Port to me

I know that you can say Please dont attack my target, but this will just indicate to them you dont want them hitting that target at all. And they will not hit that target and you have to kill it.
I know you have I dont have access to that area, But everyone else does, because you are in dungeon, how do you explain.
Communication with Menu chat players is the pits, I would like to help them but communicating with them is a challange, and if you are not use to menu chat you spend a lot of precious time looking for what you can say.
My answer and i hate to say this, Just dont play with them. It is sad, but it is stressful to try and show why you dont want that fient hit, or convert hit, and nowhere in menu chat can you ask dont hit my Feint, or my convert.
Simple words meaning a lot instead of the rude words "NO" It is my hope that menu chat gets better in time. I know they are young players or they would have open chat, and i would love to help them, but I cant communicate with them.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
5. Dont Port to me

I know that you can say Please dont attack my target, but this will just indicate to them you dont want them hitting that target at all. And they will not hit that target and you have to kill it.
I know you have I dont have access to that area, But everyone else does, because you are in dungeon, how do you explain.
Communication with Menu chat players is the pits, I would like to help them but communicating with them is a challange, and if you are not use to menu chat you spend a lot of precious time looking for what you can say.
My answer and i hate to say this, Just dont play with them. It is sad, but it is stressful to try and show why you dont want that fient hit, or convert hit, and nowhere in menu chat can you ask dont hit my Feint, or my convert.
Simple words meaning a lot instead of the rude words "NO" It is my hope that menu chat gets better in time. I know they are young players or they would have open chat, and i would love to help them, but I cant communicate with them.
I would like to seet that to!

Hero
May 19, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
5. Dont Port to me

none of those seem like reasonable things to put in the game.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
That'd be great! It's so annoying when menu chatters teleport to me in a middle of a duel and start wacking down all my traps! Even though they might reply with a spam of "No No No No No" at least it might help a little!

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Penguin4ever wrote:
That'd be great! It's so annoying when menu chatters teleport to me in a middle of a duel and start wacking down all my traps! Even though they might reply with a spam of "No No No No No" at least it might help a little!

Best thing to do when you're going into a dungeon, if you plan to solo you should turn off your player transport. I always fix it so my friends can't transport to me when battling. At first I have had people pop in on me when I was in the middle of battle in a dungeon. One that I wanted to do alone I might add, after learning this lesson I didn't say anything to them. I just fixed it so they can't transport to me when I am in a fight. I simply turned off the transport feature. That is the best feature they have made.

The only complaint I have is when I am in a public area and people "join in" without even asking if they can. That really annoy's the heck out of me. The lack of manners. If I am in a hurry I don't need more monsters on my back. Especially if my hp points are low. They should at least ask do you need help. If I say yes then jump in if I day no then go about your business. But they don't do that. What they don't realize is a lot of times they may get you killed! Then again some do. They just want to see you die. A lot of times what I do in this instance if I start fighting and they drag in say a third beast I will poof on them. I simply flee. I leave them to the three Monsters!!!! Then I go and transport to another region where there are less players. I learned this. And I stick by it.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I totally agree with the original post on this. I would like to play more with the menu chat folks. I am a dad who plays with my kids as well as on my own. I know some of the younger kids need/want help but it is sometimes too hard to play with them given the limitations of menu chat and sometimes we come off as rude since we can't explain things better.

KI, can we please look into this? It would definitely help all players if we could communicate easier through the chat system, especially in battles. Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
those are great suggestions.

I really wish I could type, what I know is a menu chat text, and I could still communicate with the menu chat people. I hate finding what I need to say through all those menus.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
Darkblood1 wrote:
5. Dont Port to me

none of those seem like reasonable things to put in the game.

Obviously you've never had a need to use menu chat.