Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hello from Roland Silverheart

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Dear Rolan,

You are my hero!! I want to be as good as you in pvp!!!
So my question is why does Earthquake take away stun shields?
That increases the problem to chain stunning

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
sparks123454 wrote:
id like a question please if you can answer. Ok here it goes,well i know PvP is fun but is there a way you can aviod chain-stunning by chain-stunning i mean one team stunning so much that you never get a chance to do anything. So if you can please reply

Now, when you stun, 5 stun blocks appear. This prevents chain stunning.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Hey, sometimes when i get attacked with snow angel, when it taunts me i regain all my health what is up with that??????

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
masteroffire2233 wrote:
Hey roland! I have a question. Can u make it so earthquake doesn't take away positive traps. Someone got mad at me for it they said I messed up their traps.

Eric battlepants, Now a master conujurer!

Well Earthquake has to have SOME kind of weakness... I personally think that Earthquake needs to be tweaked a bit, but not that way. It would be overpowered (and a trump card of sorts) if you could pick and choose the traps to take away

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
wisman36 wrote:
pvp is some times not FAIR WITH STORM lik ei am a level 50 ice and i never ever beat a storm.

Oh contrare. i am a storm legend and every time i fight an ice (my lvl or grandmaster) i lose.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dear Roland-

Thanks to me, my whole school is now the laughingstock of the spiral. Why can't we have all the same perks as the other classes- like, aren't we supposed to be all-powerful, or something? Could you prod the powers that be for something to compensate, since we're the weakest link and all? Like, how am I ever going to stand a chance against Malistaire, if I keep getting creamed by level 38 necromancers in PvP combat?

Oh, and I hate nature- their 1200-point heals should be banned, like, forever.

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,
One Very-Annoyed Level 50 Balance Mage.

/rant.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
Dear Roland-

Thanks to me, my whole school is now the laughingstock of the spiral. Why can't we have all the same perks as the other classes- like, aren't we supposed to be all-powerful, or something? Could you prod the powers that be for something to compensate, since we're the weakest link and all? Like, how am I ever going to stand a chance against Malistaire, if I keep getting creamed by level 38 necromancers in PvP combat?

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,

/rant.

Okay, I have seen you post on many different topics, and state how quite a few things, especially heals are unfair.

So, if you don't mind, could you please tell me what you have spent your training points on so I can see why you lose so much. Balance is very very powerful, especially at Grandmaster, but even more so at Legendary, but you should not lose all the time, against anyone. Balance is the one school that can easily hold their own against anyone in PvP, if they are setup correctly.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Dear Roland-

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,

/rant.

Okay, I have seen you post on many different topics, and state how quite a few things, especially heals are unfair.

So, if you don't mind, could you please tell me what you have spent your training points on so I can see why you lose so much. Balance is very very powerful, especially at Grandmaster, but even more so at Legendary, but you should not lose all the time, against anyone. Balance is the one school that can easily hold their own against anyone in PvP, if they are setup correctly.

I have fire and death spells, in addition to my own school's (no moon or that stuff, can't get to Celestia yet) and, as well, I have an amulet that gives me one of those 1200-point heals; I bought it from the auction house after the pvp-disaster. Someone also said to buy back all of my training-points (almost 5000 crowns, at this level) and get death/life spells instead, but I don't know what to do anymore- I've had it up to my eyeballs.

Someone also told me that "oh, health doesn't matter", so I gave up about 500 health/100 mana, plus all of my balance resist/boost and a 49% power pip chance to get some resistance to other schools/critical... It didn't work, and now I'm just frustrated. I've tried to give it a chance, but I guess I've come to realize how much I actually hate my own school. My man says that it's supposed to teach me patience (he's a funny one), but all it's doing is making me really mad. I find it terribly unfair that no other class can heal at the rate that Life can- shouldn't they have to attack/shield/trap, just like everyone else?

Sigh.

L.S.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I would like to know if a decision was arrived at with respect to the unfair advantage of going first in PVP?

There was a feedback question about this and I just wish to inquire what arose out of those discussions.

Thank you

Logan Frost.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Dear Roland-

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,

/rant.

I have fire and death spells, in addition to my own school's (no moon or that stuff, can't get to Celestia yet) and, as well, I have an amulet that gives me one of those 1200-point heals; I bought it from the auction house after the pvp-disaster. Someone also said to buy back all of my training-points (almost 5000 crowns, at this level) and get death/life spells instead, but I don't know what to do anymore- I've had it up to my eyeballs.

Someone also told me that "oh, health doesn't matter", so I gave up about 500 health/100 mana, plus all of my balance resist/boost and a 49% power pip chance to get some resistance to other schools/critical... It didn't work, and now I'm just frustrated. I've tried to give it a chance, but I guess I've come to realize how much I actually hate my own school. My man says that it's supposed to teach me patience (he's a funny one), but all it's doing is making me really mad. I find it terribly unfair that no other class can heal at the rate that Life can- shouldn't they have to attack/shield/trap, just like everyone else?

Sigh.

L.S.

Well, your fire spells are completely useless to you, that is for sure. Now, if you have death spells, did you go up to feint?

Now, your primary advantage is, the only shield that blocks you, is the tower shield. So, try buying and keep a look out for treasure feints, keep feints in your deck, and instead of having a healing amulet, get the other amulet feint! You have Helping Hands to heal yourself and you can critical that and any ring and athames that give healing increases will help.

This game is all about strategy, you just need to boost and attack, trying for criticals. You can get your training points back, get feint, then get your own tower shield, that should seriously help you defend yourself and give you time to setup for one heck of a judgment attack!

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Dear Roland-

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,

/rant.

Sigh.

L.S.

Well, your fire spells are completely useless to you, that is for sure. Now, if you have death spells, did you go up to feint?

Now, your primary advantage is, the only shield that blocks you, is the tower shield. So, try buying and keep a look out for treasure feints, keep feints in your deck, and instead of having a healing amulet, get the other amulet feint! You have Helping Hands to heal yourself and you can critical that and any ring and athames that give healing increases will help.

This game is all about strategy, you just need to boost and attack, trying for criticals. You can get your training points back, get feint, then get your own tower shield, that should seriously help you defend yourself and give you time to setup for one heck of a judgment attack!

also, you might want to get treasure card peirces, saying there is one shield that blocks you, and the shield is now common in pvp

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Always, I've thought PvP was kind of unbalanced. Treasure cards, I think, shouldn't work in PvP, as you should have to earn your spells. It's annoying to be a more powerful wizard but get beaten by a less powerful wizard by the only power of treasure cards.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
Dear Roland-

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,

/rant.

Laura it is ok. I am balance, too. Each school specializes in a sertain part. Balance is the sheilding, traping, and blading school. If you can`t handle what balance is good at then you shouldn`t have been balance in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To me because of what you said you have disgraced our school.
Sierra Strongthorn lv33 balance

(Sorry If I Was To Harsh...)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
JUMPBUFF101 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
Dear Roland-

Sincerely,

Laura Shadowsong,

/rant.

Laura it is ok. I am balance, too. Each school specializes in a sertain part. Balance is the sheilding, traping, and blading school. If you can`t handle what balance is good at then you shouldn`t have been balance in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To me because of what you said you have disgraced our school.
Sierra Strongthorn lv33 balance

(Sorry If I Was To Harsh...)

Firstly, how was I supposed to know that? The test put me there, so I just kinda went with it- how was I to know, when I was new to the game, what it was about? If I had, I probably would have deleted this char right away, but I figured that there HAD to be more to it than shields and stuff, so I kept going...

Fact is, it was intended as a secondary class. In order to win fights, one needs spells just as much as shields/blades, etc. One without the other is NOT going to do anything- all we really have are judgment, power nova, and spectral, all of which cost major pips and, by the time we get enough to actually do any damage, the other person has already fully healed or bled you dry.

And here's a tip: Instead of saying, "you're wrong, blah blah blah" over and over, why not point out what's wrong and how to fix it? I'm sure it wouldn't kill anyone to help people, once in a while- isn't that the whole point?

L.S.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010

vonawesome1 said...
Firstly, how was I supposed to know that? The test put me there, so I just kinda went with it- how was I to know, when I was new to the game, what it was about? If I had, I probably would have deleted this char right away, but I figured that there HAD to be more to it than shields and stuff, so I kept going...

Fact is, it was intended as a secondary class. In order to win fights, one needs spells just as much as shields/blades, etc. One without the other is NOT going to do anything- all we really have are judgment, power nova, and spectral, all of which cost major pips and, by the time we get enough to actually do any damage, the other person has already fully healed or bled you dry.

And here's a tip: Instead of saying, "you're wrong, blah blah blah" over and over, why not point out what's wrong and how to fix it? I'm sure it wouldn't kill anyone to help people, once in a while- isn't that the whole point?

L.S.

I can do much better at pvp with balance. Balance can be use to up the power on you secondary school. Just because it doesn`t focus on attack doesn`t mean that it is not good. So if a school is not the best at attacking you are going to whine about it.Well from what you said it sounds like you insulting not only balance but myth, ice, and life because they don`t focus on attack spells. Balance was not meant for having good attacks, that is storm. Each school has it`s own style of spells. Balance wizard in the player handbook are said to be meant for GROUP play and for a good player who likes challenges solo. Balance is not for every one so if you don`t like the way balance was made than go be storm if you want attacks that are good. Don`t try to change balance, to me I think it fits just right in the puzzle of magic.

" I call upon the sands to destroy my enemies...
A Sorcerer that will defend any school"
Sierra StrongThorn Lv 33 Balance

P.S Anyone else who had read this ,What do you think?

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
DietyOfWind wrote:
i was wondering why if life is a moderate damage school there spell does about 1000 with their gear and cause ice got lowered with its health and its 58 spell why life gets to keep its attack that high for plus it makes it almost impossible to win against storm sometimes i know ice is srtong but it means nothing when all our spells get halfed by arena gear and other things to much cause it was too low to begin with
Storm is not hard to beat but they're strong, they have low health so kill them before they can do any real damage to you, and life doesnt do a lot of damage! 1,000? C'mon that's not a lot, and if a fire does efreet with their gear it does about 1,300 damage. Let alone storm without and damage boost or anything like blades, star spells, etc, can do about 1,000 same damage with the life, so the only real strategy for life is this..... If you don't die from their attack heal quick.... Cast a lot of shields so they cant really put damage on you. And last, try gargantuan on spells, for ex; seraph or centaur. Wait that wasnt last! Only attacks you should have in your deck if you're life and in a 1v1 just have seraph and centaur. I should know because I got captain on my life in 2 days. ~James Iceheart Legend of all Schools

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Roland, I find PVP near impossible now with all of the critical and block, high heal boosts, and high resists to schools that shouldnt get it ( ex. fire, life, death ). One sollution is buying crowns, but not everyone can afford crowns, another problem is crown gear. The Lifeforce BLade is a little over-done. i dont think it should give as musch block chance aas your 58 gear, I mean come on. then there are epic pets that have supernatural talents, ( spellproof, accuracy, damage, spritely ). Also a better sollution to the enhanced treasure card problem a whil back was to just not allow treasures in pvp. PVP should be a fight between two players who want to show off their school and try new things. PVP shouldnt be a fight between teo crown buyers and pure luck. healing boosts are not my top issue but do annoy me, I've faced a magus i believe who used a treasure guiding light and his own healing boosts and did 1600 heal with a pixie/fairy. that was basically my whole attack and it only costed him two turns and two pips. Also this isnt really connected to PVO but why do the schools that do more damage get more critical chance? storm gets 130? fire gets 120? and my death gets 107. I think the schools should be more balanced. thats my opinion, I'd like a reply if possible, thanks :D

Survivor
May 31, 2009
yanees wrote:
Hey Roland, plz can you make a sword 30,000 gold and attack 200 plus stun storm six cards and power pip, and 1 crown 10,000 5 cards power pip and 350 attack plus all sheilds broken :D it would be epic!

Jonathan Stormcaster
Gandmaster Diviner

That is a bit TOO epic... but maybe it would level with you, so that it does'nt do THAT much at a low level, which would mean an instant pvp win. lol. say, if you were a novice and got that blade :D that would be kinda an instant win in battles

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
PrinceAlex13 wrote:
Can you make a spell/move called punch? 10 balance damage 85% accuracy.
Really? That would be terrible.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Hello Roland. I have a question. If your a Private in PVP How many times do you have to win to be a Sergeant? 'Cause i am confused.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Larry8623 wrote:
Hello Roland. I have a question. If your a Private in PVP How many times do you have to win to be a Sergeant? 'Cause i am confused.

Well I'm not Roland but I can help you out with that.

Really it is all based on how much rank you are getting from your matches if your only getting like 5 rank points it might take a lot of matches to get to sergeant. But if your getting like 20 some rank points a match it could be very fast. It all varies.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
hi!!!!! roland your epic and i didnt know you pvp'd but i have a complaint :( :( well i'm a master conjurer and im always matched with level 60 warlords im only a private!! can you please help me and a bunch of others by making it where your matched up with people that are around your rank not your level thanks! -Zachary Dayglen lvl 47