Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Derby "slow down"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Help me understand something. When i am in a pet derby, and I get to an obstacle I hit the space bar right when my shadow is over the marker...

how come I always hit the obstacle and get the 'slow down' message?

What am I doing wrong?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Nobody knows?

Then how come I'm always losing to those who ~don't~ hit the obstacles?

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
You aren't doing anything wrong. The pet derby is bugged and has been since test server.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Snaike wrote:
Help me understand something. When i am in a pet derby, and I get to an obstacle I hit the space bar right when my shadow is over the marker...

how come I always hit the obstacle and get the 'slow down' message?

What am I doing wrong?

Your supposed to click space bar over the "!" mark on the ground...

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Snaike wrote:
I hit the space bar right when my shadow is over the marker...
Thank you, Angelocean, but as I have written above, I always hit the space bar right over the "!"... most of the time it doesn't make my pet do anything but hit the obstacle and slow down.

But now I read it's bugged.

Oh well. Another good idea ruined.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Snaike wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
Snaike wrote:
I hit the space bar right when my shadow is over the marker...
Thank you, Angelocean, but as I have written above, I always hit the space bar right over the "!"... most of the time it doesn't make my pet do anything but hit the obstacle and slow down.

But now I read it's bugged.

Oh well. Another good idea ruined.

It's not bugged it's just if you click it too late you get slowed. For example think of real life. Your on the track if you hit a hurdle you probably fall and thus get slowed. Does that clear it up?

Survivor
May 06, 2010
I am having the same problem. I hit the "!" exactly as I am over the "!" and about 1/2 the time it's still slowing me down. When the derby was first released, I wasn't having that problem at all. Ever hurdle was smoothly cleared. But this last week, the slow down thing is happening more and more, even though I am still playing the same way.

I was begining to think maybe my computer was slow and the game wasn't reading me hitting the space bar in time. But if it was as simple as a bug that needs to be fixed, it would be awesome. :D

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Try hitting the spacebar alot when you approach the obstacle afaik there is no penalty for hitting it. It helped my obstacle clearing percentage.
I still seem to hit some obstacles no matter what but hopefully they'll fix it.