Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is a good storm strategy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
I am Jack Thundercaster level 29 and i'm wonder what would be a good strategy for me to use i still havent learned wild bolt because i havent finished marleybone and i am tired of getting beat often.

Jack Thundercaster Adept Diviner

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Good question

you should put thermic shields if your on krokotopia in your deck
for attack i suggest you use storm shark,but in addition to that team up with a sorcerer and ask him to use precision on you so he will get pips and you will get some also

another strategy would probably be chain-stunning,but thats out of the question

i hope this helps :-)

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
jonnie5 wrote:
I am Jack Thundercaster level 29 and i'm wonder what would be a good strategy for me to use i still havent learned wild bolt because i havent finished marleybone and i am tired of getting beat often.

Whatever you do don't even want Wild Bolt, if you use it in pvp do you know how many people will get mad!!! But yes, a fair good storm strategy is quite hard to find for me to...

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
jonnie5 wrote:

It depends XD

I, as a storm wizard, never even attempted to pvp until I was at least level 40. I was an ice wizard before, and I felt very unsteady with such a low ammount of life.

Now, I should go over something else really quick, before the strategy
don't go for the health in the clothes you wear, what you want are power pips and strengthing clothes. What's the point when you health is so low to attempt to last longer when you could simply take advantage of the attack of your school and be able to cast a kraken over 1,000 within the first two turns.

Now, the strategy:
Round 1: put whatever shield you get on yourself, if no shields, blades or traps
Round 2: repeat
Round 3(if no power pips: defend yourself
Round 4: Kraken
Round 5: Heal yourself, if no health was taken, absorb is fine
Round 6: attempt wild bolt
Repeat this until your enemy either flees or is out of health

I would suggest you to attempt wild bolt if you have about 100 health left and no healing cards, keep on casting that until you die XD

To all those people who think wildbolt is unfair and shouldn't be used a lot:
Sometimes, it's our only way of survival. Most people get mad over losing once or twice over wild bolt and complain about loosing their ranking, while some people really do have a good reason for complaining, facing repetetive bolters, who only bolt, can be quite frustrating, especially when it's and ice/life/balance wizard who has a lot of health to take down. Don't get mad if a storm person uses a wild bolt twice in a row, it isn't their fault it worked!

Rachel Rainhaven level 50 storm
Jennifer Angleweaver level 49 ice

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
if you are gonna wild bolt then i suggest either

1.having a balance partner

2.or using a school combo as this Storm(1st one) and Balance(2nd one)

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
join 4v4's and use elemental blade and stormblade and then use windstorm. then save up as many pips as you can. at your level you will probably not get very many powerpips so put some spells in your deck that are low ranked and are not in your school of focus so you can get rid of regular pips to make room for power pips. i have never been beaten by a storm person in 1v1 pvp so i dont think you should do many 1v1's

Level 49 life Richard Spellstrider
rank captain