Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire- Good or Bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I was playing wizard101 and was having a great time when i thought of something- what is so wrong about what Malistaire is doing? He is trying to get his wife back. What is so bad about that? I have been thinking about this for a long time and I can't think of an answer. Can someone please answer my question?

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
well malistaire probably thinks he is doing something good and he would be if he didnt cause chaos in the other worlds like releasing meowiarity in marleybone and trying to kill his brother in his lair
but idk if you can really call him evil or not
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster pyromancer
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 life

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
He stole, nearly killed and caused troubles all over the spiral. What about the Emperor in MooShu. thanks to him, he hovers between life and death. He broke Meowiarty, the crime lord of Marleybone out of jail to get the Krokonimocon. He caused evil Oni demons to nearly destroy MooShu. He unleashed the Drgon Titans power, which could destroy the Spiral. AND THAT WICKED WIZARD TOOK BARTLEBY'S EYE

SO IF YOU ASK ME HES PRETTY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
yall911 wrote:
but why does he have to distroy wizard city?
ya! Kingsile really should've thought about that more.
nilrem100 wrote:
He stole, nearly killed and caused troubles all over the spiral. What about the Emperor in MooShu. thanks to him, he hovers between life and death. He broke Meowiarty, the crime lord of Marleybone out of jail to get the Krokonimocon. He caused evil Oni demons to nearly destroy MooShu. He unleashed the Drgon Titans power, which could destroy the spiral. AND THAT WICKED WIZARD TOOK BARTLEBY'S EYE

SO IF YOU ASK ME HES PRETTY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya, but it was all over his wife. It is kind of- unrealalistic. Don't get me wrong, most things on wizard101 are realistic (Monsters, Magic, Etc.) NO ONE- not even a death wizard, would hurt so many people just to get his wife back. And, by the way- I am still in MooShu and I didn't know about the whole him unleashing the Dragon Titan. And LetterBee (I am just to lazy to quote your post, sorry) Ya- totally agree.

Thanks everyone who posted.
Noah Greenhunter- Level 37 Magus Conjurer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
yall911 wrote:
but why does he have to distroy wizard city?

Cause he is too awesome to sit around doing nutin.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Well this is really a philosophical, Machiavellian type question. Do the ends justify the means? Does a good end - bringing back your beloved wife - justify the means - causing chaos throughout the spiral? Reasonable minds have differed on that front for centuries.

However, I say he is evil...because he sneers a lot and has a wicked laugh!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
nilrem100 wrote:
He stole, nearly killed and caused troubles all over the spiral. What about the Emperor in MooShu. thanks to him, he hovers between life and death. He broke Meowiarty, the crime lord of Marleybone out of jail to get the Krokonimocon. He caused evil Oni demons to nearly destroy MooShu. He unleashed the Drgon Titans power, which could destroy the Spiral. AND THAT WICKED WIZARD TOOK BARTLEBY'S EYE

SO IF YOU ASK ME HES PRETTY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand why someone would go through those troubles. I would just walk up to whoever has the Krokonomicon and say, "Hey, can I see that book for a moment?"

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
Well this is really a philosophical, Machiavellian type question. Do the ends justify the means? Does a good end - bringing back your beloved wife - justify the means - causing chaos throughout the spiral? Reasonable minds have differed on that front for centuries.

However, I say he is evil...because he sneers a lot and has a wicked laugh!

TO Be or Not to be dat is da question ok funny quotes done

I say hes evil since his eyebrows are LONG and his face looks abnormal[just like good ol so easy to defeat cyrus] Me insult Ok I say hes evil ffor his wife he had to do that thats just sad

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Umrag wrote:
I just don't understand why someone would go through those troubles. I would just walk up to whoever has the Krokonomicon and say, "Hey, can I see that book for a moment?"

Oh, how I wish that would work...

Oh, wait, no I don't. If Malistare had just borrowed the Krokonomicon for a second, we would have no game.

By the power of Ice!
Elizabeth Seacoin, Level 12 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I know this is a little late, but for addisoncrawford and Rulz99, who do not yet understand the things you'd do for love if you had to, I will explain why it seems like a realistic plot. This type of thing shows up all the time in books. For the people who have read or seen the movies "Twilight" and "New Moon" you know that in "Twilight" the Cullens go to save Bella from James, and in the end kill him? For those of you who don't know, killing is a SIN, just because Bella was in danger does justify this under the law, but Edward did what he had to to save Bella. In "New Moon" after Edward disappears Bella does the same thing, first it's just stupid, dangerous things so she can hear his voice in her HEAD. In the end she ends up defying her father and going to Italy. There she and Alice play Grand Theft Auto. Just because she wants to see Edward again does that justify putting her life in danger and stealing a random man's car? No, and the same goes for Malistaire his heart was broken when she died and now he is willing to do anything he can to get her back no matter what the cost.

Sorry it got this long , I'm not much of a twilight fan but i just wanted to vent a little.
If i were a die hard fan i'd be on Team Jacob ,
Destiny Iceheart grandmaster ice 8)
Christina Lifebringer somewhere near lvl 30 death

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
Well based on ALL of the things i read here, i say it's not based on how he looks or what he did - even though that is a pe=retty big part. - ( and yes i know it doesn't make sence. )

I say it's based on why he did it, Here is how i think of it:

Good - He loves his wife.

But then there is some of the bad.

Bad - Removed death school from ravenwood.
Bad - He took it out on his brother :?
Bad - He Takes it out also on the spiral for the loss of the great Life teacher.

Anyways, You get it. I would say No he is not evil he has just made Bad chosses That cover up all the good he had. But now he's in a better place with her lol So yeah.

Megan grandmaster life!

Hope to see you guys out there! :)

Historian
May 28, 2009
Malistaire is not bad, but what he think's is bad. He try to bring back his wife but what he think's, is destruiy the spiral, so all the world is filled with undeads. Like this, he can find his wife inside THE WORLD OF THE DEADS!!!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
I don't think Malistaire is bad. I just think what he DID is bad. But who can blame him? Ok, you're probably gonna say the headmaster and just about half of the wizards of the Spiral, but Malistaire's heart was in the right place (well sorta). All he wanted to do was bring his beloved wife back from the dead. BUT because of that, he almost destroyed the Spiral. I guess love is stronger than anything.

Olivia Lotusflower
Level 47 Master Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I did a bit of planning and I figured the answer to Malistaire.
He attacked worlds for some reasons. He was scared people would try to stop him, and of course he was in a rage that Sylvia has died. i think he thought if Sylvia died everyone else should die too? IDK.
Anyway, he summoned the dragon titan because THE DRAGON TITAN CAN BRING THINGS TO LIFE! If you would of made it to fighting him, he says something like,
"When I summon the dragon titan, I will bring my beloved Sylvia back!"
Anyway I think he also planned to rule the spiral WITH Sylvia.
I think he didnt mean bad, but he didnt mean good.