Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Counter Weight West

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
Hi Everyone. I've just come to what I hope is the end of the Counter Weight West instance and I've run into a puzzle. I know its probably something simple but I've wracked my brain and I just can't figure it :(. Theres a circle on the floor with the usual icons (snake, tree, etc.) that light up when you step on them. A book in the corner says, "The way was lit as you came forward, return to see the light." I've tried lighting different ones, doing them in different orders, sighs, any help would be appreciated. I'm still in the room hoping I don't get kicked for inactivity. I hope I don't have to do it all again . Please help soon :-).

Explorer
Jun 21, 2008
I would love to help you but need to know what world you are in. Are you in Kroktopia or Marleybone or Mooshu? Please let me know so I may help you better! :?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
Oh I'm sorry. I'm in Marleybone. Currently at the museum trying to set the counterweights so I can get into Big Ben. Thank you for any help you can give me :-).

Survivor
Jul 28, 2008
Sorry if someone has posted before me.

Well, the rooms before that room, should have some shields with an icon on. Go back and down and see what the icons are, there may be more shields there, but look out for the ones that are yellow/lighted.

Hope that helps...

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
follow what the book says, go backwards. there are "shields" with pictures that are lit up or turned off. they are right before you go through the doors to advance after each fight. there will be one turned on and two turned off per door. the first time i did that instance i never saw them but now i'm wondering how i missed them to begin with!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
Oh my goodness I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'm just shocked. And I actually did go back through all the rooms twice because of the "return" part of the clue, but never thought about those shields by the door. All I can say is "sheesh" . Thank you both so much :-).

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
brighidmarie wrote:
Oh my goodness I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'm just shocked. And I actually did go back through all the rooms twice because of the "return" part of the clue, but never thought about those shields by the door. All I can say is "sheesh" . Thank you both so much :-).

What is the code any way because I am to lazy to go back a few rooms.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
dragonspark3030 wrote:
brighidmarie wrote:

What is the code any way because I am to lazy to go back a few rooms.

I think it was snowflake, dog, moon, bird. Sorry if its not, just going by memory.