Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arena points

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Fix this! I lost 27 points in ranking to a person I won against in an earlier match and I got ONE TOTAL POINT!

How exactly is this even remotely fair? I being a 35th level facing a 50 and get ONE POINT and then LOSE 27 THE NEXT MATCH to the same person.

Wow what color is the sky over there?

Seriously someone explain the fair factor in this.

Hero
May 19, 2009
It discourges players from soley using low level characters in the arena. Alot of people do this bc they think there low lv warlord will have to face nothing but other low levels and there for be alot easier when climbing up in rank.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
It discourges players from soley using low level characters in the arena. Alot of people do this bc they think there low lv warlord will have to face nothing but other low levels and there for be alot easier when climbing up in rank.

NO! Never "expected" this and this wasn't the case before anyway. I don't mind facing level 50's as a 35, but to lose that much in points/rank is just not fair, and on the other side of the coin to only gain one point?

Where is the parity?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
The arena is suppose to be for all levels. It is ridiculous to penalize a player just because they have a high ranking and are forced to face players much higher. My initiate is facing higher level adepts now and my adept is facing magus and masters. If I lose even one match, which happens no matter how good the player is, then I need to win a dozen more just to make up for that loss.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
My level 22 myth just went second to a 46 storm. I managed to win but it was a close thing. I got hit with stormzillas and tritons and everything else you can think of. What did I win for all this? ONE POINT. Seriously this is really getting ridiculous now.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
I've noticed the change in arena points awarded as well. Was this is the upgrade FAQ and I missed it?

A rumor was going around that the points awarded are reduced for each stun cast in the combat. While that might be a clever solution to stun teams (ugh! won't rant here about them!) I found the explanation to be unlikely.

An official word on what has happened to the point system would be welcome. TY!

Survivor
May 30, 2010
agreed someone tell us whats going on or what is going to be done about the point system this is getting really stupid