Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Other Wands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
So far, we have seen staffs, wands, and swords to cast spells with. Staff, can you come up with some other form of wand? I think we would all enjoy more kinds of wands. Does anyone have any ideas for them?

Explorer
Jun 21, 2008
I would love to have animal shapes such as a dolphin or different flora such as a sunflower.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
alot of popular rpgs have wizards/mages using spellbooks/grimoires as weapons.. i think it's strange how they didn't think of that yet.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
I think a wizard should be able to choose what he/she wants to use
Wand/Staff. only problem is THERES NO STAFF SHOP!
Wizards Must have a Staff shop.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
andrew248 wrote:
So far, we have seen staffs, wands, and swords to cast spells with. Staff, can you come up with some other form of wand? I think we would all enjoy more kinds of wands. Does anyone have any ideas for them?

8)
Well, myself, I would love to see something like a tamborine or similar handheld musical instrument. Flutes, after all, are the same shape as wands; and the Imp plays one when its spell is cast ...
8)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
SyphaN wrote:
I think a wizard should be able to choose what he/she wants to use
Wand/Staff. only problem is THERES NO STAFF SHOP!
Wizards Must have a Staff shop.

I don't know abouts shops; but I got one as a Reward before moving on to Kroc-World, something called "Staff of Barbs" that was just like the wand I had but was a full-size walking Staff. I have it stored, in case I ever need it again.

I personally would love to see more options like that, since it adds to the appearance of the character and doesn't require anyone to re-engineer the Wheel, as it were.

=> Danial DragonSinger (Myth 21)

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
I would also LOVE a spell book as a wand. They look really cool and would be a chance from the wands.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Clearly, when Christmas time comes we're going to need a candy cane or peppermint stick! 8)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
TKDBlackBelt wrote:
Sometime can you create a "master" wand that packs a walloping
200 or 150 damage

I'm not one of the game's designers, but I can state pretty certainly that you'd never see a wand like that. Can you really imagine a wand whose blasts cost zero pips and they are stronger than most rank 2 spells

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
TKDBlackBelt wrote:
200 or 150 damage

Wands are not supposed to do a lot of damage.

Community Leader
Non-wands I'd love to see:

A Lantern

A huge, glowing gem

Musical instruments (been mentioned, I know -- it's a great idea!)

Dolls

Pinwheels

Bubble blowers (you'd leave bubbles softly bursting behind you as you ran)

Magic mirrors :)

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Tipa wrote:
Non-wands I'd love to see:

Bubble blowers (you'd leave bubbles softly bursting behind you as you ran)

Sign me up for a bubble wand!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
I'd like a wand that DOESN'T add any cards, one that is just for show or that has some other benefit, like maybe a boost to accuracy. I've collected a large number of wands, staffs and swords: I don't use any of them because they disrupt my deck too badly, but a wizard without a wand or staff seems terribly wrong.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
TKDBlackBelt wrote:
200 or 150 damage

8)
Now I don't work for Wizard 101; but I can be pretty sure you'll never see anything except Spell Cards doing THAT much damage.

But since you mention things being "created", why not a kind of "Create A Wand" option? It would put all Wands under one set of mechanics, settle the issue of "Staff Wands" since appearance could be a possible variable, and those who want "Instant Cyclops Slayer" Wands can get their firepower though at the cost of accuracy (and possibly needing to pay Mana, too)...

It's an idea at the very least....
8)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I would like the idea of a unique weapon for different schools. For example:

Life wizard: Uses a crystal ball that glows.
Death wizard: Uses a book, or a floating skull.

Even if they are not school specific, having such different weapons would increase character customization, and part of a mmorpg itself IS character customization.

Anyway, you get the idea. I have read about wands disrupting the decks. I agree with that. In the beginning part of the game, I usually un-equip my wand just so I can use the cards I really would need, even though I would lack the ability to cast 0 pip damage spells. Maybe something could be changed that allowed you to REMOVE the wand cards, or item cards that are not wanted as part of the deck.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I would like the idea of a unique weapon for different schools. For example:

Life wizard: Uses a crystal ball that glows.
Death wizard: Uses a book, or a floating skull.

Even if they are not school specific, having such different weapons would increase character customization, and part of a mmorpg itself IS character customization.

Anyway, you get the idea. I have read about wands disrupting the decks. I agree with that. In the beginning part of the game, I usually un-equip my wand just so I can use the cards I really would need, even though I would lack the ability to cast 0 pip damage spells. Maybe something could be changed that allowed you to REMOVE the wand cards, or item cards that are not wanted as part of the deck.

Hmm, interesting set of ideas, granted, and really valid on the customizing angle....

The only time I've ever had Wand Spells to "disrupt" a Deck is when I've had a bad Draw and ended up with a lot of Wand and not but one or two other Spells. I find that Wand Spells let me keep doing damage while at the same time building power for my three or four pip spells; If I have a glut of Wand Spells, I simply discard several to draw other Spells. I have never found a reason good enough to do without my wand! I've actually done with my DECK a few times; but NEVER my wand..!

But as far as varying the number of Item / Wand Spells, ... I agree that the current "All or None" policy, especially in terms of Wand Spells, is a sore point. We can vary the number of Spells in our decks; but if we wield a Wand, we are stuck with six to nine Spells, even if we only use or even need say two or three in any given Battle.

I say they should add a kind of "Wand Meter", which you click like your Spell Cards to add Wand Spells to your Deck. Since we're talking potentially a small icon in one corner, with a number to show how many is in the Deck verse Max Spells, the imagery is minimal. Its just adding the code needed for it act like any Spell card : Click the Wand to add one, and click the Spell to remove it ...

Item Spells are usually only one per Item; so I find changing the item is easier than removing the Spell.

This is just my Opinion; and I'm voicing it ...

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Pallando wrote:
I'd like a wand that DOESN'T add any cards, one that is just for show or that has some other benefit, like maybe a boost to accuracy. I've collected a large number of wands, staffs and swords: I don't use any of them because they disrupt my deck too badly, but a wizard without a wand or staff seems terribly wrong.

Hey I wanted to know if you know how to delete cards (spell cards)
on wizard 101

Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
I would like to see a Wand/Staff/Sword with the ability to hit every enemy you face for little or no damage, but with a taunt feature.

Maybe just a 5 damage group spell that puts every enemy's attention on you. Maybe not as powerful as the taunt spell card, but something to draw their attention early in the fight if a friend is hurt, or vulnerable.

Would work great for Ice Wizards who want to take the brunt of the damage at first.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
dstmg wrote:

Hey I wanted to know if you know how to delete cards (spell cards)
on wizard 101

8)
Easy : Click the spell on the right side to add a Spell, and then click the small image on the left to remove it. Spells at the bottom of the "Deck" portion come from Wands, Necklaces, etc; and the only way to remove them is to Un-Equip the item giving the Spell.

Look for me if you need help:
: Danial DragonSinger (Myth 29) (Marlybone)
: Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 19) (Krokotopia)
: Artur Lifeweaver (Life 17) (Krokotopia)
: Sabrina Iceblade (Ice 15) (Wizard City)
: Calamity Firerider (Fire 12) (Wizard City)
: David Stormbreaker (Storm 10) (Wizard City)

I'm usually on Drake or Diego Server, or Ambrose if Team Questing.
8)

Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
I got a kool idea for a new storm wand! A lightning bolt that hits 60 i think it would be a kool wand kinda like the krakan has in trinton ave.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
mappy619 wrote:
I got a kool idea for a new storm wand! A lightning bolt that hits 60 i think it would be a kool wand kinda like the krakan has in trinton ave.

A lightning bolt that slings lightning bolts.... It's weird enough to be possible; so how knows?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Kazered wrote:
I would like to see a Wand/Staff/Sword with the ability to hit every enemy you face for little or no damage, but with a taunt feature.

That would be sooooo awesome It would help with dueling novices in the duel arena