Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Why can't I enable it? I can't see it. I redeemed the card and I did everything But I still don't see the open chat box.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Subscribed Accounts verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101 can enable Open Chat through Account Management and Parental Controls.

-gamma-

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
rodrickrules wrote:
Why can't I enable it? I can't see it. I redeemed the card and I did everything But I still don't see the open chat box.

Then click on "My Accounts".
Type in your parental control password.
You will see different chat options listed. If the word "enable" is showing on the right hand side of the page, the option isn't turned on yet.
Click on the options that you want and the word should change to "disable".

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
Subscribed Accounts verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101 can enable Open Chat through Account Management and Parental Controls.

-gamma-
So it wont work with crowns?

Survivor
May 19, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:

-gamma-
When i forget the parent control password i click on the (forget password) button and when i go to my yahoo account it doesnt show another password i cant do to get text chat :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
You will need to be 18+ to get Open Chat, and also you have to pay with a valid credit card. If you pay with a Wizard101 gift card it will not work.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
When the only way to varify age is to use a credit card and subscribe I think access to open chat is very unfair. I pay twice the going rate of buying access to wizard101 by using gift cards rather than tossing debt onto a credit card. I don't want any more debt, I don't want debt to build up, and I don't want to use debt instraments even if it means I have to pay a lot more not to use them. I am an adult and I pay for access like everyone else, but I refuse to have recurrent credit card charges and to run up debt. Isn't there some other way to varify age instead? My social security number clearly indicates me as an adult, so does my drivers license, and so on. I think access requirements to open chat is very unfair.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
seasnake wrote:
When the only way to varify age is to use a credit card and subscribe I think access to open chat is very unfair. I pay twice the going rate of buying access to wizard101 by using gift cards rather than tossing debt onto a credit card. I don't want any more debt, I don't want debt to build up, and I don't want to use debt instraments even if it means I have to pay a lot more not to use them. I am an adult and I pay for access like everyone else, but I refuse to have recurrent credit card charges and to run up debt. Isn't there some other way to varify age instead? My social security number clearly indicates me as an adult, so does my drivers license, and so on. I think access requirements to open chat is very unfair.

i agree open chat is unfair because i am a gift card user and almost all my friends have open chat so i feel left out