Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

EPIC PETS

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
My helephant is close to reaching max on all items such as will and power. I only have 76 points left to go before I max everything. I have almost 900 to go before I reach EPIC and I notice that once a bar is filled I no longer get an XP point for that particular item. How will I reach EPIC?

Sarai Grand Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
2Icee4u wrote:
My helephant is close to reaching max on all items such as will and power. I only have 76 points left to go before I max everything. I have almost 900 to go before I reach EPIC and I notice that once a bar is filled I no longer get an XP point for that particular item. How will I reach EPIC?

You will have to play 900 near perfect games for 1 point a piece.
Big was of time right. I am mine numb from just making ancient!
PS
After those 900 Plus games You may or may not get anything of value.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
One point per game and one additional point if you feed your pet a snack it likes/loves. Good luck.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Epic is unusually harder to gain than any other age. The experience shown as necessary to gain is misleading.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
2Icee4u wrote:

I think everyone is waiting for KI to address and solve this major issue. I know it cannot be that they want us to play at 1 xp per perfect game...to expect that of players is not a friendly thing, and KI has shown that it is friendly in listening to people.

They solved the 'takes forever' problem of raising the pet via the mega-snacks, now, we just need snack cards that only give XP after reaching max stats.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
2Icee4u wrote:

I think everyone is waiting for KI to address and solve this major issue. I know it cannot be that they want us to play at 1 xp per perfect game...to expect that of players is not a friendly thing, and KI has shown that it is friendly in listening to people.

They solved the 'takes forever' problem of raising the pet via the mega-snacks, now, we just need snack cards that only give XP after reaching max stats.

Wouldn't take much, either. Of hand, I suspect that their code has them passing the specific stat boosts to those boosts, and then passing that total score value to the experience field. That would explain why, when a stat is maxed, that portion of the overall value is 'zeroed out'.

If they did a separate pass of the snack card value (the number in the triangle on the upper left hand side of the snack card) along with a similar pass of total points earned from the game played, that would solve the problem neatly.

You'd still be playing oodles of games to get to epic - 225 perfect games without snack boosts, or 75 perfect games if you are willing to invest in the few 7 value snack cards I've seen in the game, and are fortunate to have your pet like/love them all.

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of a reward for loved vs liked a snack. If they both just give 1 xp, there is very little value in seeking those snacks out. If a 'loved' snack gave 2 xp, where a liked snack gave 1 xp, however.

I do suspect this is a leftover bug in the system - I know for a fact that for a while after the update that your pet no longer got xp from a liked snack once their power was maxed. I've seen that be corrected in the system, even though KI never specifically recognized that particular issue.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Talance3 wrote:

I do suspect this is a leftover bug in the system - I know for a fact that for a while after the update that your pet no longer got xp from a liked snack once their power was maxed. I've seen that be corrected in the system, even though KI never specifically recognized that particular issue.

I must stand corrected - this is still an active issue. Once your pet's power stat maxes, you no longer get xp boosts for a pet liking or loving a snack.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
In the most recent update (June 17 or 16 I forgot), They have fixed the issue. Now even when your stats are maxed out all games and food give the amount of xp you normally would obtain if they weren't maxed out. THANK YOU WIZARD101 (KINGS ISLE)!!! :D :) :P

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I am very grateful that KI fixed the XP issue with the pets. I'm only disappointed with the logic behind the talents. I have a Life pet that granted me pretty good stats. I spent good money (crowns on snacks) and time getting him to Epic. It was a complete waste of time and money. Getting my pet to Epic did not improve anything about the pet. In fact, even though he is Life and my character is Life, his Epic talent is that he now grants me a Fire spell card. This is a complete waste. it's not even a good Fire spell. It's sacrifice minion for 3 pips. Nobody uses minions in the arena hardly and I'm Life so my minions cost 4 pips. This is a ridiculously stupid spell that now I must remove from my deck every time it appears when I fight. I wish my pet was no longer Epic. I'm truly sorry that I promoted him up.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I recently got my Ice Collosus and so far am at ancient. It has given me nothing but derby skills that I do not use. No pip percentage, nothing helpful for and Ice wizard whatsoever. Reaching level 48 and getting a pet used to be a bonus now its just another pet with another card and nothing else going for it. My Ice Bird does more. How sad is that?

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
My rain collossus gains pretty good amounts of experience from snacks even though he is maxed out on all skills but intelligence (which I'm close to maxing out) and power which i'm struggling to max out for obvious reasons. But I do ponder why KI doesn't give more stat increasing skills for us to train our pets with. This would allow for a great bit of help with Experience as it would give an insentive to play more games and get lots of experience.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I got my pet to epic last night:

1) Mana add (+46?)
2) Card (Feint)
3) Death Defense (+8)
4) +Death Accuracy (+5)

and as I could care less about the derby powers, well, I won't list, though I did get 1 epic one.