Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chain Stunning

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 14, 2009
alibaba007 wrote:
Let's be clear: The entire purpose of dueling competition is to take EVERY POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE. That makes chain stunning a design flaw, not a behavioral issue.

VERY GOOD POINT!

alibaba007 wrote:
In one sense, it is very cool that players have found the technique. That's why I love the potential of new spells that shift the tactics around a bit. Entangle is a good example. However, for the same reason, it's almost impossible for KI to predict the impact of changes. Certainly they did not intend to create a system where one side gets no turns.

Very well articulated! I do not think they intended for this either. It's just an unfortunate side effect of the design of the game and the cards.

alibaba007 wrote:
It's out there, and needs to be fixed, by design. Someone will always be annoyed with the change, but that's just part of the fun. New tactics will emerge, and the true measure of the depth of the game is in how FEW of these loopholes there are. Take heart, chain stunning won't be allowed to last.

When I notice this happening in 4v4 or 3v3 matches, I just flee and go train my pet for 5 minutes and come back. It's not worth my time to sit there, while these chain stunners essentially beat people into the ground. They're going to win the match regardless, so why should I sit around watching them. I'll go do something more productive.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 34 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 30 (Magus Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 28 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 21 (Adept Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 16 (Journeyman Necromancer)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I'm just saying that when KI made the game with all the cards and everything that this idea was possibly though of. Even if KI didnt think of this that there are most likely over a million of these forums throughout the internet. Not to mention that since this is a moderated forum that every post is checked so i'm sure KI has seen a lot of these posts. I'm not on any of the sides i'm just saying its no ones problem. I think that if KI wanted to remove chain stunning then they would have done it a long time ago. As for all the people that supposedly have "issues" with chain stunning I say there are a million solutions out there and here are three that I just thought of right now.
1. Continue with the battle and have fun with your friends.
2. Come up with a strategy to win (I have done it before not as hard as you think)
3. Obsessive healing :D
As I have said before I take sides with none of the arguements I just hope that there are people like me out there that take no sides. I hope people will see our posts and say "Oh boy was I wrong chain stunning isnt as big of a problem as I thought" For all the chainers out there I say that it would be nice to stop chaining but I dont have any problem with it. As someone said before its called PVP and if you chain its just Player vs passing team. This isnt true. Hope you guys see its not a huge problem

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
Merekid wrote:
chakrafairey wrote:
Honestly, the stun block spell wont stop pvp players from chaining. I was doing a 4v4 and they had 1 myth 1 fire and 2 storms. The only spells that the Myth and Fire had were stuns. The storms just picked us off. We were stunned the whole 5 minute match and it just takes the fun out of the arena. So KingsIsle, could you find a way to stop Chain Stunning?

Where in the Wacky World of Gummy Firecats are these chain stunners I keep reading about?

Are they staying away from me? Are they hidden somewhere?

The point is... I haven't really seen any chaining going on.

Are you sure it's really a problem?

Sounds more like bad luck to me.

Peace out peeps!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice

lol wacky world of gummy fire cats lol

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Lol yes i had this problem once the storm stuns you with storm lord then the myth uses earthquake then a guy attacks you then another stun then so on and so on.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Odd enough, i was so interested in this thread that i finally decided to post a reply.

What first popped into my head was that critical would also be a problem if there were not critical block. So if given the ability to stun, wouldn't it be nice for gear to also give an additional 'stun' resist in percentage rather than rating? I wouldn't say to big so stunning could still happen as normal, but not to small so chain stunning could be broken down. It was just an opinion. Everything has to have an opposite o-o

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
chakrafairey wrote:
Honestly, the stun block spell wont stop pvp players from chaining. I was doing a 4v4 and they had 1 myth 1 fire and 2 storms. The only spells that the Myth and Fire had were stuns. The storms just picked us off. We were stunned the whole 5 minute match and it just takes the fun out of the arena. So KingsIsle, could you find a way to stop Chain Stunning?
Yeah, it's happened to me. What I personally think they should do is, Completely take it out of the game! It's annoying. Especialy the lower-levels! They keep stunning you!!!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
chakrafairey wrote:
Yah, the chain stunning needs to stop!And why does there come 4 stun shields not one when someone uses earthquake?Its annoying!