Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2012
thx for the tips professor. I will be sure to use them in the next time I am in there.

(icelover166)

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I know that sidewalk pulling is frustrating and time consuming, rather than rushing to get to the next battle, take your time! Wait until there are no monsters and then go around, getting in a hurry will do nothing but ruin you.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
csillver on Sep 9, 2008 wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?
if your having trouble with sunken city I found an advantage and was able to do it all without treasure cards and did it solo. ok the first round when you defeat the wrailing wraiths or whatever theyre called kill as many as you can so say you killed 2 of them. when you come back they will be gone so you only have to fight one. do that with everyone and you will get the job done. Adam Ogreglade level 33

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
I beat Sunken city with one other person and it wasn't hard.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2013
sunken city is easiest to do if you are a pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
This is really good advice but it doesn't allow me to enter, can anyone tell me why they think this might happen? Thanks!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sparkofliteisqueen on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
This is really good advice but it doesn't allow me to enter, can anyone tell me why they think this might happen? Thanks!
Did you talk to the girl outside in Nightside? Until you talk to her you can't enter.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Cynical on Sep 10, 2008 wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!
Silly silly, I soloed Sunken City easily today for my level 38 ( I never do them right away ) spell. I didn't get pulled into the street once and yeah, just wait till you get to a higher level, super easy then.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 42 theurgist

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Sep 8, 2008 wrote:
Many of you have mentioned that the instanced dungeon known as Sunken City is causing you some troubles. I've put together a few hints and tips to help you get through this area.

1. Group Up! Sunken City and other areas in the Spiral are designed for groups to work together to a common goal. You need to rely on your friends to succeed at these duels. If there's just one of you against the large number of creatures, you're not going to last very long. Team up with your friends or make new friends by offering to join a group.

2. Treasure Cards! Before you head out, make sure you have a good supply of all levels of treasure cards. You never know when that single Humungofrog could mean the difference between moving forward, and having to visit Hilda Brewer for her potions, again.

3. Move at Your Own Pace. Sunken City and other instances like it are unique because the creatures should not respawn behind you. Be careful that no one runs ahead and gets caught, dividing the group between duels. Stick together as a group and you'll be much better off.

4. Four at a Time. Sunken City is meant for four players to explore. If four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, those original four can teleport in and out as needed. If less than four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, friends can teleport in until there are four people total. Once these four people are in, the group is locked. Should a player or players decide not to continue with the adventure, they can remove themselves from the group by logging off or entering a different instance. At that time, the group is open to new members however it is still capped at four people.

5. Healers Never Hurt. Often a dedicated team member from the School of Life can mean a higher win rate for the group. This member of the team keeps an eye on everyone else and stacks his or her deck of cards to maximize the number of heal other cards that appear.

6. Don't Rush. You are not required to complete the Sunken City instance to move forward with Wizard101. If you find you simply cannot get through Sunken City, come back when you are a higher level with more powerful spells. You may find that the area is not as scary as you thought.

7. Have Fun! Sunken City and other Instanced Areas are a different dynamic of Wizard101. They're meant to be hard, and a different type of challenge. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.
Most of these did not apply to me, I did it solo.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i did sunken city 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FIRST time i did sunken city, so i can get dryad, i went in SOLO as a level 39 life wizard.

it took an hour or 2 but i beat it solo, cause no one wanted to do sunken city with me

yes, it was true, the first time in sunken city i went in SOLO, under level 40, and i beat grubb!!!!!!!!!!

the only treasure cards i had were:

-forest lord

and seraph

i did have crown gear, but don't give good boosts

the 3rd time in sunken city i went with a level 17 fire and a level 50 storm and took about 5 minutes less than the usual (cause we kept running into battles).

kaitlyn lifeblossom, level 49

sara emeraldblossom, level 17

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?
you should ask high people to help these are the one's you need to ask help for life,balance,storm,and fire, life for healing,balance for boost's and block's,and storm and fire for hiting

hope i help!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
I went to Grubbs castle and he is not there it's like he disappeared. But there was a scarecrow I defeated the scarecrow but he is still not there and it says I didn't finish the task. What do I do????

Defender
May 01, 2011
I soloed it around level 30. It's tough, really. I'm a level 67 death wizard now, and I will happily help anyone who needs help!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2014
i all ready beat krocatopa

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
Many of you have mentioned that the instanced dungeon known as Sunken City is causing you some troubles. I've put together a few hints and tips to help you get through this area.

1. Group Up! Sunken City and other areas in the Spiral are designed for groups to work together to a common goal. You need to rely on your friends to succeed at these duels. If there's just one of you against the large number of creatures, you're not going to last very long. Team up with your friends or make new friends by offering to join a group.

2. Treasure Cards! Before you head out, make sure you have a good supply of all levels of treasure cards. You never know when that single Humungofrog could mean the difference between moving forward, and having to visit Hilda Brewer for her potions, again.

3. Move at Your Own Pace. Sunken City and other instances like it are unique because the creatures should not respawn behind you. Be careful that no one runs ahead and gets caught, dividing the group between duels. Stick together as a group and you'll be much better off.

4. Four at a Time. Sunken City is meant for four players to explore. If four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, those original four can teleport in and out as needed. If less than four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, friends can teleport in until there are four people total. Once these four people are in, the group is locked. Should a player or players decide not to continue with the adventure, they can remove themselves from the group by logging off or entering a different instance. At that time, the group is open to new members however it is still capped at four people.

5. Healers Never Hurt. Often a dedicated team member from the School of Life can mean a higher win rate for the group. This member of the team keeps an eye on everyone else and stacks his or her deck of cards to maximize the number of heal other cards that appear.

6. Don't Rush. You are not required to complete the Sunken City instance to move forward with Wizard101. If you find you simply cannot get through Sunken City, come back when you are a higher level with more powerful spells. You may find that the area is not as scary as you thought.

7. Have Fun! Sunken City and other Instanced Areas are a different dynamic of Wizard101. They're meant to be hard, and a different type of challenge. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.
I am a hi level like level 30 and have the sunken city for a month. Wow Lol.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2014

But the problem is i team up with a 3 other life wizards and i am a fire wizard i am a level 17 so basically the best card i have does 750 max and because i bought a bundle and got gnomest but i am dying at paulson its just ive had people complete paulson but i had to do the battle please tell me when or at what level should i complete sunken city i use sun bird with a trap and a blade please give us advice.
Thank you Luke firehammer level 17

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
they are not hard at all just do some side quests and it is almost easier then Aquila (not really)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
lorddoom141 wrote:
That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()
Spoiler: Nightside is found behind the waterfall in commons.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Moolinda Wu on Oct 22, 2008 wrote:
If you're having trouble finding people to group with, you can go to your spellbook, find the Realms tab on the right, and look at the realms on the left page to see if any are more crowded than others. The more crowded ones might be better for grouping. I myself have continuously stated with menu-chat that i was going to do Sunken City while standing in the commons just outside the waterfall and I did find someone to go with that way!
I agree there are some nice people that will help you in wizard101 Charles Redblood level 18 pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Did the dynamics change in Sunken City? I hear a lot of people have trouble with this dungeon but I have no idea why.

One girl said she was getting pulled off the sidewalks, maybe that changed? I always skip the regular mob fights in dungeons, and Sunken City allowed me to do that as well by staying on the sidewalk most of the time.

I was able to easily get through this the first time (around level 20 ) with a team. Now that I'm level 76 and my companion is level 43, we can easily get through this. I'd say I didn't even need the life friend there, I could move through it on my own like a breeze.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

I haven't been there in a long time, but I'm just a bit curious here. Did Sunken City get easier for wizards to complete? Because both at level 16, me and my friend did it no problem in a duo.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
professor greyrose I defeated grubb and didn't complete the quest anyone have any ideas why
Charles Redblood Magus pyromancer

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I waited until level 40 or something to do Sunken City. It is a good idea to be a higher level than you need to be when doing dungeons and stuff.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
I don't remember this dungeon being hard at all, but that was probably because I was level 38 trying to get the level 38 "life" spell.

I soloed it in a hour tops, but I suggest using monstrous and giant tc!!!
I cannot tell you how much they help!

A rank 3 spell can insta-kill a mob easily if you use monstrous.
It also reduces the time you need to blade and trap.

That's what I have to say

Alexander Wraith Level 47