Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

I will do it if you want to i will be in marelybone or the bazaar. i need it too. :D * Gabrielle Silverdust *

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!

SUNKEN CITY was WAY to hard 12-28 it toke me AND I STILL DIE if my friend was not there i would be still be doing it

by the way 33 fire me

ice strom :? FIRE :D

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
lorddoom141 wrote:
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()

It might be a good thing cause you would not do it anyway but you FIRE LIFE try with friendS

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!

Do you have a bad keybord? we gort sucked into fights and we found my family did on one of the laptops and when we did dongeons together we were fighting over who gets wich computer! :)

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
I don't really see what the big deal is with sunken city I did it at level 12 with just two other people and the only time they did pull us from the sidewalk was when we were standing on the edge

I guess we did have an advantage though, I am a fierce storm wizard but the other two were both healers and I think they were both level 16 but still it was easy and fun

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I am Alex Dragonbreaker level 42 Storm. I did Sunken City back at level 30 and it was hard even with three friends because one of us kept getting into battles :(. If you get into a battle run off the street the second it is over. Also it is a good idea to assign roles to your team. Since Storm and Fire do a lot of damage I would reccomend having a wizard from those two schools as the attackers, someone from Life for healing, and someone from Balance to shield and power up.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
If anyone else wants to run this and get it out of the way, let me know. Trying to do it before New Years (when I leave for San Diego.) I'm currently a 26 death/life wizard and growing rapidly :)

Edited for level

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
As everyone was saying not to Sunken City till you are level 20, I sure did the whole thing at lvl 17 [fire] ( My first Wizard ) with another friend who was 19 [death]. But that was like about 3-4 months back, so I am not really sure about some other details that happened. :-)

Travis Smith
Grandmaster Pyromancer

David Deathblade
Master Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
It took me 6 tries, and finally I made it through with 3 others to help. Just getting past the first part is really frustrating, as they suck you off the sidewalks!! It took me 2.5 hours, but I made it finally! Go in with a group, you can't make it alone.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
If you are in Sunken City, you should be in a group of 4. (Or 3.) Also, if there is nobody to help you, go to Sunken City on your own, and mark your location at places you might think you will lose. If you lose, all you do is heal and go to your marked location. I have finished Sunken City, with a friend, doing it. Hope my tips will help you.

Valdus DeathShade, Level 18 Journeyman Necromancer, Death School

Edit: I am Level 19 now, almost Level 20

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
if you think sunken city is hard wait till kensington park. there are people with 2000 hp running around and they team up with 3 people. I even used 3 level 50 henchmen and I lost. Wait till you are a grandmaster for kensington. wait for adept for sc

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
i went to sunken city a a level 24 WITH a level 20 life wizard (who i know in real life, wont tell you how i know him/her because i dont know if that is personal info) and i lost... can anyone tell me how i lost?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Here's some tips on how to pick a great group

1: Have a 2 wizard that go to destruction schools like Death , Fire , Storm and ect. They can be in charge of defeating the enemies.

2: Have a Healer with you so you are always have maximum health. Remember that your well being of your wizard matters just as much as defeating the enemy.

3: Have a Shield-Person . It could either be a Balance or Life Wizard.
That person is in charge of putting shields on the group.

Courtesy of Wolf Shadowgem, Necromancer Level 27
P.S: Thank you for the tips, Professor Greyrose. They helped a lot.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
gavinrt wrote:
should i bring a life student?

Ooh ooh bring me!!! :D

Donna Shadowriver, Adept therugist and diviner lvl 29

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Here are my strategies of sunken city:
1. Bring an Ice,Life,and Death Wizard with you if you are one of these
2.Bring a Level 49,Level 48,and a Level 47 if you are
3.Bring healing spells
4.Use shields to lower enemies attacks and traps to boost your attack
5.Bring Potions

Here is my strategies

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Stormshadow wrote:
Nightside is located behind the waterfall next to Rainbow bridge in the commons of Wizard City."Death school is the best school"

Death is an ok school. Ice is superior to all!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
xoluluox123 wrote:
i dont no if this happens on purpose,accident,glitch or what but when i'm on the edge of the side walk like liderly running into the houses on the side not to get into a battle i get into one i mean how!?!? it makes me so mad i flee and then never come back its so frustrating! :x

Here's the little thing on sunken city. If enemies SEE you, not TOUCH you will get pulled into battle. So from what I've heard, hide behind trees, doorways, and when their back is turned RUN LIKE YOU MEAN IT! I'm a level 16 balance student. Tried sunken city once and epicly failed. My friend went away right after first battle.

David Thunderrunner
BALANCE/fire level 16.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
here is an easy way.....stack up on crowns and hire hench men!!!!(level 50 normally) dont now how 2 use 'em?here is how: you know how when choosing spells the crown shop can still be used? then you can hire them!!! u r welcome.

(i m leval 6(i marked location in nightside) and beat it!!!

-stephan thunder wraith,leval 7 conjurer
robert night runner,leval 20 conjurer

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

behind the waterfall in the commens

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
here is what i wish i want the sunken city

still to have the ghost drag you and stuff but i wish there was less towers i dont get it i wish there was just grubb's tower and thats what are the other towers

aka i will never never go back into the sunken city once i did when i was 19 i was freaked out because when i got a dugen i used to go strait because i thought it was only one person in a tower just like the rest but i was wronge saddly i never knew there was thoses kind

destinyfireshade level 25 fire 8)

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Thanks for the advice Professor Greyrose and Professor Molinda Wu. And thanks to everyone else as well this is really going to help. I will prolly have this quest in my quest book for like ever i will not go back in that place ever agian its prolly way to early to go back anyway. I will go back at lvl 30 most likely.
Im a survivor of sunken city YEA!!

~Thanks~
~Taylor~
~lvl 29 (i think)Life student~

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
I'm a 19 fire/death wizard and I made it solo to the tower but one of the gates won't open even though I killed all the mobs. Do I have to do something else before the next level will open, or is it bugged?

Survivor
May 21, 2008
We started looking for third key to the final boss ghoul. There is third castle where it is which had Pirate Skull, and after we defeated second floor the doors to the third floor didn't open. Then we are stuck and didn't know what to do next. Quest helper show us to go to the door but it locked.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
I have a tip... You should have 4 or 3 people. I completed sunken city today and this is how i did it :)

I got some freinds and if we had low health we would go to the commons and we would get health and then teleport back and when finished it at the end there were me and 1 of my freinds left and she died and I had to complete it by myself and I did :)

3 more things I should say... 1 In the beginning you automatically get sucked into a battle so be careful[you will no mater what you will] 2 you should go in with 1,560 to 2,350 health. 3 in the last 2 battles where you have to get the key there are 5 or 6 rooms I cant remember.[i think 5]

so I hope you can defeat the sunken city and if you want me to help you im Nicholas Battlesword im usually in different worlds.

GOOD LUCK!