Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
i have done sunken city when i was lvl 16 i think i did it with only one friend the last part was realy hard but we had treasure cards like meteor,blizzard,sandstorm, and that frog but it was realy hard but now that i'm higher lvl i went to do it and i defeated him alone

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Maryanne20 find a waterfall right by unicorn way and rainbow bridge go under the waterfall where you will see a door.to get to sunken city simply stand on the sigi and wait ten seconds.oh and bring some friends if you want to beat sunken city, it is HARD. :D :-) ... it should be a good

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
can someone help me in sunkern city, i am level 42 still haven't done it

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I am Richard Darkstone level 31 Death/Life wizard.

I tried Sunken City many times at level 25 by my one and faild.

Once i managed to win 3 battles but died in the second tower.

As being a Death/Life wizard i am sure that i can beat the unliving on my one.

I can heal my self and i know the kind of enemys you meet down there.

Running around the roof tops of Marleybone has learnd me how to sneek.

NEXT WEEKEND! .... Sunken City Solo.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you die and run back within a few minutes, you can continue without the instance resetting.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
i have tried sunken city with a friend who is myth its was extremely easy if you have a minion use it you will get through sunken city a lot faster i went through the whole game with only 2 people till i reached grub thats when i died i forgot to add that myth guy to my list so i had to start all over so remember to add everyone to your list as soon as possible

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
i will help my wizards name is Blake Spell shade
i will be there at 2:40.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
So I started playing this game on Saturday, and am level 18. I didn't know how Sunken city worked at first so I was getting mobbed by 3 at a time in there.

Yesterday I finally went in with someone named Catherine. We did the first boss and got the key but after talking to the quest NPC and moving through the first gate, we ran into two fights in a row with wraiths and those ghosts. She got taken out and I managed to win the fight. I tried to wait for her to come back but she never did so I decided to solo the rest of the way.

I figured out how to make it past the monsters without aggroing them, and got to the next boss. I died twice at Paulson before I beat him, and then once against Norbit. At this point it was almost 1am in the morning and I had to go to bed. I guess this means my instance is gone right and I have to start over from the beginning?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I ran this instance last night with just my girlfriend and I. We are both level 13 and I have to say it was pretty easy. We were Death/Storm and Mystic/Fire. What we did was one of us would run ahead to safe areas and teleport to the other. We only aggro'd 1 mob the entire time, otherwise, we just went from tower to tower, fighting the bosses and completed the whole thing in about 2 hrs. Maybe we were lucky being able to get around all the mobs, however either way, we completed it and it wasnt too bad. I feel it was quite the accomplishment for 2 level 13's. The instance leveled us up to 14 however now.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
lorddoom141 wrote:
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()

Nightside is just behind the waterfall near Rainbow Bridge! I hope this helps!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
Stormshadow wrote:
Nightside is located behind the waterfall next to Rainbow bridge in the commons of Wizard City."Death school is the best school"

i am with you, GO DEATH! :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

It is behind the waterfall near rainbow bridge. You're not allowed to go there until you have defeated Lord Nightshade.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
kidchaor3 wrote:
Stormshadow wrote:
Nightside is located behind the waterfall next to Rainbow bridge in the commons of Wizard City."Death school is the best school"

i am with you, GO DEATH! :D :D :D :D :D

I agree. I may be life but I stack up on death spells as much as I can!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I found Sunken City quite hard and alot of wizards flee when you go in with them. I did get it after 4 tries and I am glad I did but it is one instanced area I do not want to go into again LOL

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Here is my tips...

Make sure all your potions are filled, trust me your gonna need them!

Call up all your friends, they might come they might not.

Once you have enough players joined you should make sure at least one is life and is at least a Jouneyman.

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
goldfish8 wrote:
Here is my tips...

Make sure all your potions are filled, trust me your gonna need them!

Call up all your friends, they might come they might not.

Once you have enough players joined you should make sure at least one is life and is at least a Jouneyman.

Great tips and to tell people i'm level 44 and i still need help with Sunken City

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
When my friend Christina comes on, we usually go in there. She finished it, but I died after we defeated Grubb so pretty much ported back and never finished the quest. I find that the best way to get through is to hide in the door ways, and then have your back to the monsters as you run down to a safe spot. We made up a method of sacrificing by letting one person go through then porting when they got to a safe spot of grass or to Marla Stinger.. If we got in battle we'd flee, drink a potion and come right back. :] I hope that helps :D

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
lorddoom141 wrote:
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()
That's what I would do because who knows what might happen. Thats what i did to every large battle i couldn't do by myself. :D :D

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I think sunken city should at least a bit easier :(. Its been my like 70th time trying to do I am a level 23 I just cant find my way someone please my name is

Seth Blueheart

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
I finished this quest at about level 15 with another low level friend. We finished it, but it took 2 1/2 hours! It was pretty hard, but you won't get pulled off the sidewalks if you run behind trees and hide and stuff like that. I've learned if they "see" you, they pull you, but I've run through, running behind them when they're turned around and I make it through just fine :)

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
heres something you should do about sunken city MARK YOUR LOCATION cause if you know your gonna go somewhere and then go back to where you were you should mark your location so you dont risk getting caught with the ghost

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Defender
May 29, 2009

I just finished Sunken City last night (thanks Grace, Michael, and Cody). Talk about a marathon session. It took over 3 hours mainly because we kept getting pulled into battles. I'm a level 24 fire and I found it quite difficult.

Lessons learned (I know this may duplicate a lot of things already posted):

- go in full strength and with fully filled potions

- make friends with everyone who you're going in with so you can teleport to them.

- make sure you have enough gold to refill potions. If you die, flee, refill potions and port back.

- group walking is hard; someone will inevitably get pulled into a battle. I think the best tactic is to send one person ahead and when he/she makes it safely to the next destination, teleport to him. This may be difficult if you just barely recruited new friends to help you. No one likes to just stand around waiting.

- if the entire group walks, use the doorways to "hide" in temporarily. I know, it sounds lame, but trust me, there are enough mandatory battles in the buildings/towers/grub that you don't really need any extra health/spell draining fights.

- after a battle, RUN, don't walk to safety. Do it while you're still transparent. We had way too many back to back battles as people kept getting pulled back in.

- reset your treasure cards before every battle. You'll need some firepower here.

- pay attention to which school the bad guys are from and stack deck and cast spells accordingly.

- Sunken city is all about mob fights. Make sure you have Damage to All (meteor shower, sand storm, etc.) spells at your disposal and augment them with blades.

- coordinate your attacks and take out one bad guy at a time. Most bad guys here seemed to have 500+ health. If your group is scattering their attacks, it will take a long time and you will be facing 3-4 rounds of enemy fire for a longer period of time.

I'm not exactly dying to go back in Sunken City, but if someone needs help, post here with date/time and I'll try if I have 2-3 hours to kill. Wizard name is Tristan Moonweaver.