Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Level Restriction on School Pets

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 19, 2009
Has anyone else noticed this? I first noticed it when i was doing pvp and a level twenty something had a wraith pet. Now wizards can make a new wizard of the same school and put there school pet in the shared bank to give themselves an edge in pve and pvp. I know it doesnt really affect that many people but just change it back to Level 48 Only.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't personally noticed this myself. I have been avoiding PVP until all the old enchanted treasure cards have been exhausted. (Figure I'll give it a month or two)

But if this is indeed the case, I would have to agree with you. The special level 48 pets, and any with their attributes should be limited to wizards which have achieved that level and completed their own pet quest.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 23 (Adept Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Diviner)

Community Leader
I had never thought of that ,Does this baby have the same stats has a regular level 48 pet? If So I would agree there should be a level requirement. I do beleive it might be hard to get this requirement as what if the person mixes with a pet that is not level 48 schools only?

Good thing to ponder on Thank you.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I saw a level 35-ish balance wizard with a hydra pet and wondered how he managed that. I didn't see it as a big deal, because balance wizards almost never cast hydra anyway. But I do think it's a shame that people feel the need to use exploits in pvp.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
lisiedawn wrote:
I saw a level 35-ish balance wizard with a hydra pet and wondered how he managed that. I didn't see it as a big deal, because balance wizards almost never cast hydra anyway. But I do think it's a shame that people feel the need to use exploits in pvp.

It's not an exploit. Exploits are unintended affects.