Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Very Suspicious.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Fizz has taken a bad turn. Almost 100% of the time, the first damage card spell of the fight that you cast is a fizz. Fizz has an established pattern if you stop to recognize it. A damage spell card that is produced by your clothes or equipment also fizzes the first time that you try to use it after the beginning of each fight then it disappears into the bottom of your deck never to be seen again until you reappear in the commons which make gear bonus' a lie and a waste or coins or crowns. It eats up the players resources and they get nothing in return.

During combat I can predict fizz with near 100% accuracy and that proves that anyone that says that fizz is random is either lying through their teeth or doesn't have the slightest idea what they are talking about.

I have seen endless videos produced by players and that, along with your own game play, is where the established patterns are. Another thing that has increased around 300% since the pet update is the use of weakness by NPC's against the player. It has become so common that it is cast by the NPC on the player almost every other turn as if that is all the NPC had no other spell in their deck. NPC's don't even have decks. It is also cast in most every instance where you are set to to cast a damage spell like blade/trap or other/then weakness on you. Since the update you can easily have three weakness on you and they have tower shields before your second turn. Weakness is no more random that fizz is.

Once the weakness and tower shield appear your off-school wand spells seem to vanish into thin air because that is the best way to remove them without wasting major damage spells and support spells like blades and traps but if you're using your school wand those wand spells are at the ready for you to waste everything to get rid of weakness and tower. It's diabolical.

Your cards disappear too because what you have in your hand is what you have in your hand but sometimes they are replaced with other spells without you discarding or drawing and it never fails that is seems like a premeditated and strategic removal of the cards in your hand.

I would even bet that if KI gave the player a 10 coin credit for every fizz then they would go bankrupt.

Fizz is also having a mass effect on all my spells that are 100% sure to be cast because those spells that are guaranteed to be cast are mass fizzing. This makes a complete lie and fraud of the 100% listed on the middle left of the card and is a blatant lie. Rigging things so that 100% chance of a successful cast spells are fizzing is crooked. Be honest and remove the "100%" from the card and replace it with "80% chance of fizz."

So you enter a fight and your 100% cast cards are fizzing, you have a near endless supply of weakness put on you, the enemy loads up with tower shields and the first damage spell that you cast is a fizz and the first time you attempt to use a damage spell connected to your clothing or gear is a fizz and both after the fizz are buried so deep in your deck that they don't come back until you have 10 health and you get all that after you were passed up completely when it is your turn as if you really passed your turn. You can easily be hit 6 to 9 times before you even get a succesful spell cast.

All this makes combat to have evolved into one big lie and I really would like to know or not if these things are a deliberate deception against players. It is also seems rigged because NPC's obviously don't have a deck of cards that pertains to their school or a back up school because no deck in the game can hold that many of the same spell in a long fight even if that card was maxed out in their deck and the side bar was packed with the same spell as a treasure card. To identify that all you have to do is count the enemies cards.

It is understandable that the blade and shield Pox in Dragonspyre would disregard deck rules with endless shields and blades that defy the contents of any deck because that instance is to help teach the player to deal with always taking a max damage hit 100% of the time from the blade Pox or learning how to load and use maximum damage and support spells to overcome all those plethora of shields that the shield Pox will throw up.

It's all rigged like the use of Beguile. Beguile is a wasted spell and wasted pips because when it come time for Beguile to be in effect causing the enemy to damage hit an NPC on their own team, they PASS 100% of the time instead of honoring Beguile. Beguile really has become a non-spell, a non-event that is designed to waste your turn and waste your pips since it is a useless spell. That used to be the most LOL aspect of combat to see them hitting or wiping out their own guys but now it doesn't even exist. Remove "Beguile: from the card and replace it with "Force Enemy To Pass Turn." since that's all it is now.

I don't mind a challenge but the endless cheating on part of NPC's is a real drag and is like trying to have pathological liars and double agents on the witness stand.

Moreover, I believe that many bosses in this game look like they are not software driven but are being played by someone somewhere because there is no artificial intelligence in existence that can do what many of these bosses do. Artificial intelligence has not progressed to the point that it can mimic the intuitiveness and deceptive capabilities of the human mind because these things require a consciousness to practice. Not only do I believe that real people are playing many of these bosses I think that player can also see your cards that are loaded into view on your screen because how is it possible that near 100% of the time the boss will have the perfect defense to counter the cards in your hand before you ever get a chance to make those spells visible to them by using them?

That is a dead give away of humans doing this and being able to see your cards because they whip out the perfect specific card defense in advance every time and only the human mind can do that while seeing your cards or the NPC is actually reading your cards. It is like playing poker with a guy who is using a marked deck and ultra-violet eye glasses.

If it isn't real people playing these bosses who can see your cards then I suppose KI has invented miracle scale artificial intelligence software. That only means that our military or the interests of a foreign government will swoop down on KI and take it away from them or simply offer them so much money for their game engine that they cannot resist and then poof the game disappears. Or they already have it by downloading the game and reverse engineering it.

Artificial intelligence simply is not capable of doing the things that many of these bosses do and that suggests human intervention. NPC's don't have deck rules either that would apply to their level rank such as a certain amount of cards in a deck and certain spells in that deck to the point that they can fail for using up their combat resources because what they produce is inexhaustible. If two or more people keeping fleeing and porting in succession to resupply health while never hitting the NPC with damage spells to reduce the NPC's health then that fight can be engaged in perpetuity or end for lack of sleep. The players just need to rotate going to get health and port back.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Yeah, everyone knows the enemies cheat with fizzle %, and it is really easy to tell when a card will fizzle after you cast, AND that those protection pox cast a lot of shields, but unless you take 50 turns to beat that pox person, they have a fair amount of cards.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
Fizz has taken a bad turn. Almost 100% of the time, the first damage card spell of the fight that you cast is a fizz. Fizz has an established pattern if you stop to recognize it. A damage spell card that is produced by your clothes or equipment also fizzes the first time that you try to use it after the beginning of each fight then it disappears into the bottom of your deck never to be seen again until you reappear in the commons which make gear bonus' a lie and a waste or coins or crowns. It eats up the players resources and they get nothing in return.

During combat I can predict fizz with near 100% accuracy and that proves that anyone that says that fizz is random is either lying through their teeth or doesn't have the slightest idea what they are talking about.

I have seen endless videos produced by players and that, along with your own game play, is where the established patterns are. Another thing that has increased around 300% since the pet update is the use of weakness by NPC's against the player. It has become so common that it is cast by the NPC on the player almost every other turn as if that is all the NPC had no other spell in their deck. NPC's don't even have decks. It is also cast in most every instance where you are set to to cast a damage spell like blade/trap or other/then weakness on you. Since the update you can easily have three weakness on you and they have tower shields before your second turn. Weakness is no more random that fizz is.

Once the weakness and tower shield appear your off-school wand spells seem to vanish into thin air because that is the best way to remove them without wasting major damage spells and support spells like blades and traps but if you're using your school wand those wand spells are at the ready for you to waste everything to get rid of weakness and tower. It's diabolical.

Your cards disappear too because what you have in your hand is what you have in your hand but sometimes they are replaced with other spells without you discarding or drawing and it never fails that is seems like a premeditated and strategic removal of the cards in your hand.

I would even bet that if KI gave the player a 10 coin credit for every fizz then they would go bankrupt.

Fizz is also having a mass effect on all my spells that are 100% sure to be cast because those spells that are guaranteed to be cast are mass fizzing. This makes a complete lie and fraud of the 100% listed on the middle left of the card and is a blatant lie. Rigging things so that 100% chance of a successful cast spells are fizzing is crooked. Be honest and remove the "100%" from the card and replace it with "80% chance of fizz."

So you enter a fight and your 100% cast cards are fizzing, you have a near endless supply of weakness put on you, the enemy loads up with tower shields and the first damage spell that you cast is a fizz and the first time you attempt to use a damage spell connected to your clothing or gear is a fizz and both after the fizz are buried so deep in your deck that they don't come back until you have 10 health and you get all that after you were passed up completely when it is your turn as if you really passed your turn. You can easily be hit 6 to 9 times before you even get a succesful spell cast.

All this makes combat to have evolved into one big lie and I really would like to know or not if these things are a deliberate deception against players. It is also seems rigged because NPC's obviously don't have a deck of cards that pertains to their school or a back up school because no deck in the game can hold that many of the same spell in a long fight even if that card was maxed out in their deck and the side bar was packed with the same spell as a treasure card. To identify that all you have to do is count the enemies cards.

It is understandable that the blade and shield Pox in Dragonspyre would disregard deck rules with endless shields and blades that defy the contents of any deck because that instance is to help teach the player to deal with always taking a max damage hit 100% of the time from the blade Pox or learning how to load and use maximum damage and support spells to overcome all those plethora of shields that the shield Pox will throw up.

It's all rigged like the use of Beguile. Beguile is a wasted spell and wasted pips because when it come time for Beguile to be in effect causing the enemy to damage hit an NPC on their own team, they PASS 100% of the time instead of honoring Beguile. Beguile really has become a non-spell, a non-event that is designed to waste your turn and waste your pips since it is a useless spell. That used to be the most LOL aspect of combat to see them hitting or wiping out their own guys but now it doesn't even exist. Remove "Beguile: from the card and replace it with "Force Enemy To Pass Turn." since that's all it is now.

I don't mind a challenge but the endless cheating on part of NPC's is a real drag and is like trying to have pathological liars and double agents on the witness stand.

Moreover, I believe that many bosses in this game look like they are not software driven but are being played by someone somewhere because there is no artificial intelligence in existence that can do what many of these bosses do. Artificial intelligence has not progressed to the point that it can mimic the intuitiveness and deceptive capabilities of the human mind because these things require a consciousness to practice. Not only do I believe that real people are playing many of these bosses I think that player can also see your cards that are loaded into view on your screen because how is it possible that near 100% of the time the boss will have the perfect defense to counter the cards in your hand before you ever get a chance to make those spells visible to them by using them?

That is a dead give away of humans doing this and being able to see your cards because they whip out the perfect specific card defense in advance every time and only the human mind can do that while seeing your cards or the NPC is actually reading your cards. It is like playing poker with a guy who is using a marked deck and ultra-violet eye glasses.

If it isn't real people playing these bosses who can see your cards then I suppose KI has invented miracle scale artificial intelligence software. That only means that our military or the interests of a foreign government will swoop down on KI and take it away from them or simply offer them so much money for their game engine that they cannot resist and then poof the game disappears. Or they already have it by downloading the game and reverse engineering it.

Artificial intelligence simply is not capable of doing the things that many of these bosses do and that suggests human intervention. NPC's don't have deck rules either that would apply to their level rank such as a certain amount of cards in a deck and certain spells in that deck to the point that they can fail for using up their combat resources because what they produce is inexhaustible. If two or more people keeping fleeing and porting in succession to resupply health while never hitting the NPC with damage spells to reduce the NPC's health then that fight can be engaged in perpetuity or end for lack of sleep. The players just need to rotate going to get health and port back.

I have read everything you typed there and after i did, i agree completely that it is all true. I have the same problem with bosses predicting what type of spell i am about to use and they counter it with a perfect defense. Although the end part with the military part was pretty funny but it is soo true! They need to tone down the AI on things. And the constant spamming of Weakness has got to go as well because i fought Youkai in Mooshu on my own and he has 8k health. When i got it to just me and him left, he got to go first and he constantly SPAMMED weakness and since i was using my death wizard then he knew exactly when to place down death shields. I mean i even fight the boos in Village of Sorrow who is a death boss (Tomugawa or Oyotomi one) and it doesnt even USE life shields, and my death wizard is part life and yet it still doesnt shield against life. It just seems like a big conspiracy.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Computers will never have the actual wisdom and deception of a player,but it is possible for them to be that smart.Though I don't think KI would do something like this,it is still possible.If the NPC were to have access to your cards,it can still calulate a close guess.

Say I have:3 centaur,1 life blade around me,6 pips,fire cat,frost beetle, and a reshuffle.It can calculate that, since you have a life blade around you and 6 pips, you are most likely to summon centaur.

Or,if some of you still believe this,it could downright cheating.There is about 1 second from the time you choose your card, to the time the NPC acts.It is possible they use that second to calculate a counter.

Though I agree with a few things you said,I really doubt KI would do this.

Hero
May 27, 2009
You guys totally make me laugh. I wish I could get paid to play as a Boss against wizards - what a job! These things are impossible, yet they happen. Aren't computers wonderful?

Hero
May 19, 2009
Pfft... this is all 100% fake. It was so funny to read this GIANT JOKE of a topic. Just some guy trolling bc he cant duel if his life depended on it. So he makes up every single one of these 100 % statistics and expect us to believe that KI is secretly intervening and making dueling for us players impossible.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
When I enter tower-type dungeone, where who goes first is determined at the time you enter and it stay that way the whole dungeon, and I find that I do not go first I immediately quit back to the wizards selection menu and reload the wizard. I'll reenter the dungeon and try again and again.

The reason for this? Because I will get countered almost every time I do something. I don't care that the game computer knows what I am doing, or what cards I have in my hand, but that information should not be used to determine what the monster will do in the same round.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I agree 100%. In my opinion and from what I have observed 2 of the most OVERUSED spells by NPC's are weakness and heckhound. GEEZ comeone. ENOUGH of those spells already. On my fire grand I NEVER use heckhound because most of the enemies use it and I'm sick of seeing it. Bunch of weakness and heckhound happy enemies out there. And even enemies whose school is NOT fire uses heckhound. To HECK with heckhound. Reduce that and weakness or get rid of them. Only trouble is if you did that you would just find another spell to have them abuse. UGH!!

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I agree with the author of this post 100% Thanks for the thread.
YES and pet/gear cards have to be the worst.
I have been in fights where I knew I was going to one hit them on my first cast even and what happens I fizz and the card was set at 95% to cast why do you ask because I myself had not been hit the ncp had fizzed to get enough pips to do more damage OR they had not hit me enough times to allow me to cast a damage spell. Don't get me stratd on the weakness CRAZE KI has gotten into of late I know it's driving the players nuts with frustration that the game we love to play has come down to this sham. First Pvp was ruined and now this mess WAKE UP KI paying players are tired of these silly tactics. Oh my soloution to beat the first pox quest Fire elementals got with a friend if you can and each of you cast one the percentage of fire shields along with those minions and its over much sooner :D
Fallon grandmaster pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Ha! Ha! Ha! Sometimes I think this too! But, that is impossible! Do you know how many boss players /workers they would need for something like that? Funny! :D And, uh, about the beguile, for me, it seems to be working just fine, so I am not going there with you on that one. Ya just got to use it carefully, and a pass from them still means you aren't getting hit, which means you have time to shield or heal. Yea, there is a lot of weakness spammed and shields on bosses and such, but if there wasn't that, a player could probably get through the game in a really short amount of time. Sorry that the game play is frustrating you. And, no offense and please don't take this the wrong way, but, thanks for the laugh! Reading stuff like that relieves my frustration when I'm thinking the same thing and am down to like 200 health against some horrible monster! Lol.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I agree with Preacher7719.

The game system does seem to skew things in fights. Not only do enemies seem to know how to counter what I have in my hand. My "random" cards give me the wrong cards each hand. Like having an enemy with a hundred points and I can't get an attack card into my hand for a couple rounds even if I discard everything in my hand each turn, instead I get all heal cards, blades and traps, or a mix of both. I also often have it the other way where I have less than a hundred points and can't get a heal spell.

I also have a little trick with my Diviner(storm) Wizard I carry a myth wand mainly because when I get a storm prism in my hand for a storm enemy their next cast is an -80% myth shield. I also use it to break weakness. Only, now it seems that I get hit with two or more weakness or two or more myth shields so it's harder to break them away. It seems strange to me that each enemy seems to know my fighting style and that just a single weakness or shield will not be enough against me.

I mean challenging is one thing but if NPCs know a players cards and tactics and the player doesn't know what the NPC will cast, since they now cast anything regardless of the school noted in their name, it makes it a little unfair for the player.

It's not enough for me to stop playing but it is annoying I really would like for it to stop.

Kallor

Tabitha Duneflower - Grandmaster Balance
Katie Dawnpetal - Grandmaster Storm

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Darkhole54321 wrote:
Computers will never have the actual wisdom and deception of a player,but it is possible for them to be that smart.Though I don't think KI would do something like this,it is still possible.If the NPC were to have access to your cards,it can still calulate a close guess.

Say I have:3 centaur,1 life blade around me,6 pips,fire cat,frost beetle, and a reshuffle.It can calculate that, since you have a life blade around you and 6 pips, you are most likely to summon centaur.

Or,if some of you still believe this,it could downright cheating.There is about 1 second from the time you choose your card, to the time the NPC acts.It is possible they use that second to calculate a counter.

Though I agree with a few things you said,I really doubt KI would do this.

But ONLY if that NPC knew in advance that you possessed the Centaur and that it would come up in your deck because you could just as easily toss some other spell at them.

I have even been experimenting with bait and switch and bluffing by acting in advance of their downright uncanny advance move and that means they cannot judge what I am going to do and if they still prevail by demonstrate that they can do that after I have done this then that only means that something "other" is going on.

Another advantage is that they have no way of knowing that you could suddenly dump the Centaur and draw a treasure card that is equal to or more powerful than the Centaur and it could even be a treasure card from a different school.

Do things that cause attack damage but it totally outside of any visible "plan" that you could be or are setting up kind of like death blade/death trap would be a publicly visible plan of attack then do an about face and slap him with Ninja Pigs or the Sick Frog.

Doing things completely opposite or contrary of what looks obvious that you are going to do in most cases works out in a fight as if you were shooting fish in a barrel.

Then if they switch tactics and go to defend against a Balance or Myth attack (still experimenting to see if they can do that at will) you hit them with the 575 Wraith lol.

Set things up and let it go until they hopefully forgot about it then suddenly use it later.

Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap are good too because then suddenly they have to toss up a defense for not just an attack from 1 school but 3 potential schools of attack. Even if you don't have those other two schools spells the enemy may occupy themselves by employing a defense for something that you won't or can't do anyway so they may be using their turn to put up shields against the other 2 schools on the Spirit Trap/Blade instead of using that turn to hit you with damage spells.

Try to screw them up as bad as we are getting messed up which is really a lie for lie situation.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
Pfft... this is all 100% fake. It was so funny to read this GIANT JOKE of a topic. Just some guy trolling bc he cant duel if his life depended on it. So he makes up every single one of these 100 % statistics and expect us to believe that KI is secretly intervening and making dueling for us players impossible.

Just the opposite my dear neighbor. I am rather difficult to kill. Take last night for example: I solo'd from the beginning of Dragons Roost to killing all the enemies up to the locked door.

I am even working on other things that are publicly believed that even a Grand Master cannot do solo and one of those things is Dragons Roost up to the locked door. Contrary to popular belief it can be done. My only regret is that this computer doesn't make quality video of game play.

Another is Jotun. One day I will wipe out him and his whole gang. It is only a matter of figuring out just which card combinations will bring them down and a great familiarity with the AI's habits.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I am glad that people are finding this to actually be an entertaining topic thread.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
0stormbreak0 wrote:

And the constant spamming of Weakness has got to go as well because i fought Youkai in Mooshu on my own and he has 8k health. When i got it to just me and him left, he got to go first and he constantly SPAMMED weakness

I was never one to carry Weakness in my deck since I really had no use for it but due to recent events I do have it loaded now and use it in every instance and do so out of pure spite and malice.

As it turns out from actually becoming familiar with Weakness by actually using it, it works well to spam them back with it because Weakness for Weakness nullifies both of them since neither side is gaining anything..

They put one on me which is usually -20 but when I use it it goes on all of them so if I'm fighting 3 of them that is -60 of the damage I would have taken over 3 turns and -80 over 4 turns if I'm fighting 4 of them.

They aren't gaining anything by irritating me to the point that I'm spamming them back with Weakness.

That is how this sudden mass use of Weakness is backfiring on the Bosses because if the player spams them back with it every time the card comes up the actually quality of the fight that the Bosses can put up is now worse than before they ever started spamming Weakness so the Bosses are actually weaker now than before because the players just doesn't get mad, they get even.

By spamming Weakness the Bosses are just impairing their own overall combat abilities and actually makes the fight and the game easier because players just spam them back with in double, triple and quadruple doses and if 2 or 3 players are doing it compounds it.

From a strategic stand point it looks like KI has given the player a method of wiping the Bosses off the map easier now than ever before. Lol.

Hero
May 19, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

Just the opposite my dear neighbor. I am rather difficult to kill. Take last night for example: I solo'd from the beginning of Dragons Roost to killing all the enemies up to the locked door.

I am even working on other things that are publicly believed that even a Grand Master cannot do solo and one of those things is Dragons Roost up to the locked door. Contrary to popular belief it can be done. My only regret is that this computer doesn't make quality video of game play.

Another is Jotun. One day I will wipe out him and his whole gang. It is only a matter of figuring out just which card combinations will bring them down and a great familiarity with the AI's habits.

Contridiction Much... ..how can you say it is only a matter of figuring out the card combinations and the ai habits? It would be impossible to play a stragety if your cards just magically dissapeared when you needed them(your words). Also how can a AI have "habits" if it was controlled by one of KI's staff members?(again, your words)

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Since players are catching on to this and returning spam Weakness for spam Weakness this is a tactic that is spreading in the game that reduces the enemies abilities and may have never become popular had the NPC's never started spamming Weakness in the first place so even if KI puts the NPC's back to normal the NPC's will still be disadvantaged by players mass employing a new found line of attack.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Hi - I am sorry, but the original post is not rational. It is the second long post about the monsters cheating by the OP.

How many realms are there? How many areas per realm? How many of these are often full? How many bosses does that make being played at any one time? Now, how many bosses per world of the spiral? How many of these are being dueled at any one time?

There are 29 Realms and 226 Bosses. Realms can have up to 3 Areas, but let's not trouble ourselves with that. This makes 6554 existing bosses at any one time, many of which are being dueled. This does not even include that each dungeon is an instance, which means you can have many versions of a particular boss in one realm at one time, all being dueled. Draw your own conclusions about the feasibility of managing that and how many people that would take. This simple thought problem alone more or less makes highly unlikely the theory that humans are playing the bosses and can see your cards.

Wizard101 looks like a role playing game. It is a card game though. This means the rules of probability (odds) that apply to card games apply here. This is why deck construction becomes so important and why using very small decks can be an advantage. Very simple programs can be very good at such calculations.

But even that is not necessary. Imagine very simple if/then routines that say "if bladed, then weakness." But I don't think it is this sophisticated. Many of the monsters cast duplicate blades and shields on themselves. Often these are useless to the monster on which it is cast and are never used.

So what accounts for this 'the monsters cheat 100% of the time' phenomena? I am not saying that it does not seem this way some of the time. Sometimes it seems like a monster must have changed strategy mid-turn? Sometimes it seems as if they can see your card, or maybe it seems as if the software generates a card in response to your card after you have chosen. Perhaps you could test this by zeroing out the model. Don't use any cards. None. Just let them do what ever they do. Do they still cast weakness/tower, etc?

This is about the nature of OUR consciousness and the "mechanisms" by which we make meaning. Do you beat monsters sometimes? Of course you do. Do they sometimes not cast Weakness or Tower or cast them at the wrong time on the wrong player? Of course. So why does it SEEM like they are 100% cheating? It is very hard for us to notice things that do NOT happen, such as a monster NOT casting weakness after I have Bladed, but easy for us to notice things that DO happen, such as a monster casting Weakness after I have Bladed. we do not remember what did not happen. Add to that the tendency to sort and organize information according to the various biases we have. Suppose we have a bias that says that the normal game dynamics constitute cheating. We then look for data and evidence to support our bias and we actively delete contrary evidence. This is a pretty well know phenomena and well studied. It is normal, but can be very hard to observe happening when it is happening in us.

If Wizard101 had combat logging capability that allowed us to see the order of the spells cast after a fight and the damages, etc. this would all be clearer. Actually I am sure they must have this capability, but it is not available to users in game.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
jaronuts wrote:

I didn't read all of your message because it was so long. All I read was about the first paragraph. I don't see fizzling like that.
Heres a chart on how some schools work for me.

1st wizard (fire): Fire=70%
Steal Charm=95%
Ice, None
Storm=70%
Myth, None
Life=90%
Death, None
Balance, None

2nd wizard (storm): Fire, None
Ice,None
Storm=90% (no lightning strike used)
Wild bolt=10%
Myth=80%
Death, None
Balance=85%
Weakness=95%

I hope this helps you.

David StormHunter, Grandmaster Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral
David DragonHunter, Magus Diviner, Oni slayer

Hero
May 27, 2009
I didn't read all of your message because it was so long. All I read was about the first paragraph. I don't see fizzling like that.
Heres a chart on how some schools work for me.

1st wizard (fire): Fire=70%
Steal Charm=95%
Ice, None
Storm=70%
Myth, None
Life=90%
Death, None
Balance, None

2nd wizard (storm): Fire, None
Ice,None
Storm=90% (no lightning strike used)
Wild bolt=10%
Myth=80%
Death, None
Balance=85%
Weakness=95%

I hope this helps you.

David StormHunter, Grandmaster Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral
David DragonHunter, Magus Diviner, Oni slayer

You say you didn't read the whole post, yet you QUOTE THE WHOLE FREAKIN TEXT!?!? I really dislike quotes of huge text that make me scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll down and down and down....

Then, I'm sorry to say, what the heck does your "chart" mean? Is this your experience with certain spells or your wizards casting or what?

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:

Contridiction Much... ..how can you say it is only a matter of figuring out the card combinations and the ai habits? It would be impossible to play a stragety if your cards just magically dissapeared when you needed them(your words). Also how can a AI have "habits" if it was controlled by one of KI's staff members?(again, your words)

By card combination I mean just which deck stack will be successful. They can't stay at the bottom of the deck forever so if you can stay alive long enough for all your low level appearing cards to be used up as they seem to rule until they are exhausted you got it made, maybe.

It's horse shoes and hand grenades so to speak.

Those situations in big fights is the cause of an "epic come back". The AI habits to me are no different than a players habits if they are plying bosses. Neither will change unless the programming is changed or any possible players doing the bosses switch off. Test that by observing specific boss behavior at different times of day. Then out of the three shifts pick the boss showing the least amount of skill in the big fight.

A computer program won't vary much across 3 shifts a day but different human minds will vary greatly.

Reshuffle (reshuffle treasure cards until level 50 then use a training point to get 4 reshuffle in your deck) is a must have under these conditions too since you can discard it all for several turns (never discard reshuffle).

Henchman come in handy too. A specific school level 50 henchman cost 50 crowns. Lesser henchman are 40, 30... Henchman can only be purchased during combat by clicking on the "Buy" in the upper left.

I consider using a Minion or a Henchman as still going solo.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Naktl wrote:
Hi - I am sorry, but the original post is not rational. It is the second long post about the monsters cheating by the OP.

How many realms are there? How many areas per realm? How many of these are often full? How many bosses does that make being played at any one time? Now, how many bosses per world of the spiral? How many of these are being dueled at any one time?

There are 29 Realms and 226 Bosses. Realms can have up to 3 Areas, but let's not trouble ourselves with that. This makes 6554 existing bosses at any one time, many of which are being dueled. This does not even include that each dungeon is an instance, which means you can have many versions of a particular boss in one realm at one time, all being dueled. Draw your own conclusions about the feasibility of managing that and how many people that would take. This simple thought problem alone more or less makes highly unlikely the theory that humans are playing the bosses and can see your cards.

Wizard101 looks like a role playing game. It is a card game though. This means the rules of probability (odds) that apply to card games apply here. This is why deck construction becomes so important and why using very small decks can be an advantage. Very simple programs can be very good at such calculations.

But even that is not necessary. Imagine very simple if/then routines that say "if bladed, then weakness." But I don't think it is this sophisticated. Many of the monsters cast duplicate blades and shields on themselves. Often these are useless to the monster on which it is cast and are never used.

So what accounts for this 'the monsters cheat 100% of the time' phenomena? I am not saying that it does not seem this way some of the time. Sometimes it seems like a monster must have changed strategy mid-turn? Sometimes it seems as if they can see your card, or maybe it seems as if the software generates a card in response to your card after you have chosen. Perhaps you could test this by zeroing out the model. Don't use any cards. None. Just let them do what ever they do. Do they still cast weakness/tower, etc?

This is about the nature of OUR consciousness and the "mechanisms" by which we make meaning. Do you beat monsters sometimes? Of course you do. Do they sometimes not cast Weakness or Tower or cast them at the wrong time on the wrong player? Of course. So why does it SEEM like they are 100% cheating? It is very hard for us to notice things that do NOT happen, such as a monster NOT casting weakness after I have Bladed, but easy for us to notice things that DO happen, such as a monster casting Weakness after I have Bladed. we do not remember what did not happen. Add to that the tendency to sort and organize information according to the various biases we have. Suppose we have a bias that says that the normal game dynamics constitute cheating. We then look for data and evidence to support our bias and we actively delete contrary evidence. This is a pretty well know phenomena and well studied. It is normal, but can be very hard to observe happening when it is happening in us.

If Wizard101 had combat logging capability that allowed us to see the order of the spells cast after a fight and the damages, etc. this would all be clearer. Actually I am sure they must have this capability, but it is not available to users in game.

I said "many of the bosses" which should be taken as "some" of the bosses since "many of the bosses" cannot in any way be, as seems that you have interpreted "many", taken as all inclusive of 6,554 bosses.

The resources and sprawling complex KI would need for that would make N.A.S.A. envious.

My basic theory in explaining some of the uncanny things I see "many" of these bosses do, things that in my opinion can only be brought to pass by human thought processes is for me to suggest that there may be a function for the automation of an NPC to be turned off so that it can be played by a human.

They aren't going anywhere or doing anything else function wise so they just need mouse controls to access cards.

If so maybe the human player can't see your cards but maybe an automated NPC run by AI can?

People who go through the game without ever altering their decks contents except to add new cards would not notice such patterns but those who are savvy enough to adjust their cards for each fight according to the enemies school and health will see a wide variety of nuances.

Most of the time I get what I want in a fight and do a lot of damage real fast by possessing the largest deck possible but the contents are minimal, no shields since I have a lot of health, 4 400 self health Fairy, 7 sacrifice, 7 blades, 7 Vampire, 7 Wraith, Wraith from wand, Wraith from pet, a wand that doesn't do Death damage but will still get a max hit on the enemy.

In bigger fight I add more damage cards and will win by nickle and dime'ing them out of the fight.

My treasures thankfully don't interfere with what I see because loading them is not automated but manual and with a 20 sideboard a ton of goodies.

I'm not theorizing why NPC's tosses up specific defenses AFTER I have cast my spell because at that time "if bladed, then weakness." is perfectly acceptable and does not explain how they can toss up a specific card defense that counter your cards when they aren't yet publicly visible.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I don't think KI is cheating,but I have noticed a huge increase in the number of weakness spells cast by mobs and bosses. I suspect it's due more to lazy and unimaginative programmers than anything. But it is easily countered since you know what they are going to cast. A change would be refreshing however.

Explorer
May 19, 2009
you are all crazy. nothing has changed my fizzle rate is the same as it always has been your all just paranoid.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I don't think KI is cheating,but I have noticed a huge increase in the number of weakness spells cast by mobs and bosses. I suspect it's due more to lazy and unimaginative programmers than anything. But it is easily countered since you know what they are going to cast. A change would be refreshing however.

I don't think the % of weakness has changed, but as you progress through the spirial, the bosses all seem to like it more with each world.

It is actually not a major problem, is it? A non-school wand will clear them out. The only time it is a pain is when it comes up in the same round (if you are going second).

I believe that the foe is set to put up a weakness if you are getting to the correct number of pips to cast a large spell (level 16+ a four-pip spell, level 22 a five-pip spell, etc).