Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

are ranking points off?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
My level 11 myth is 32-2. One loss was to a guy with wraith pet and the other I lost link to a level 25 fire and came back dead. I am getting only 4-5 rank points per win. My last loss I ended up with -26 points. I am getting almost exclusively adepts with poor ranking and since I am a captain I am getting nothing in the point category and now it seems like I have to beat 6-7 adepts in a row to make up for a single loss. I have been in over a thousand duels easily on all my chars and have not seen ranking points this bad since the latest update.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
My 11 myth just went second to a level 15 myth. He used 2 ninja pigs on me. We both had minions and our minions killed each other so we both lost the match. He lost 12 points and I lost 22 points. The 2 duels before that were both level 26 death and I got 4 and 6 points. This is awful.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Gonna post my plays below so I can see how far the rankings are off.
Me: Level 11 Myth

Record: 35-3(1 lost link on, 1 to a wraith at low levels, 1 we killed each other but he was using ninja pigs)

Win: v level 18 storm
storm lost 6 points
I won 5 points

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Yes this and the queue are totally messed up now.

I play as a 35th and I gained one point total for beating a level 50th!

I lose 18 points to a fifty?

Can someone explain the logic of this?

I think they weigh too heavily the pvp rank and not the level of the character.

I also know for a fact the queue is not matching up to the criteria that was stated by staff here. The match up process is also much longer even when the criteria are close.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
you think yours is bad, i get 4th to 10th points for a win and i lose 26-32 points for a loss no matter if i casted and spells or not, doesnt even matter what level they are or what spells they use, KI needs to fix this alot of players log onto this game to pvp and i for one am one of thoes players. please KI fix this problem put if back to how it was like 4 weeks ago back to where you won and lost the same ammount of points mo matter who you faught, you guys cant expect everyone to have perfect winning streaks to gain rank can you? even with the queing system the way it is?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Yes, my warlord myth(40) was only gaining about 1-8 rank against grandmasters, and losing 15-25