Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

maybe a stormblade?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
i have a storm hound pet and when it reached adult one of the powers that "helps me" didnt help at all. the power read "may" cast or give (cant recaull which) stormblade. i thought o cool it must put a storm blade in my deck or cast one while i'm in battle. couple levels later no such thing has happend. so i'm thinking well that was a big wast of time.

could KI pls make it so there IS certanty in the powers are pet gives? because a maybe is confusing and frustraiting

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
my helephant says may cast a fire blade. i have yet to see that happen either. i think it should say may cast but its not likely.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
My Minotaur says it may cast a Myth ward. I have not seen that happen either. My friend also has a storm beetle that says it may cast a Storm ward and he has never seen it happen either.

Hunter FrostLeaf Level 50 Grandmaster Thuergist
(second school is not ice)
Hunter FrostLeaf Level 22 something Conjurer

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
My storm cat has storm aura (may cast storm ward) and she casts it fairly often but only after I've been attacked with a storm spell, so perhaps you need to find the right conditions to trigger casting.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
minxymoo wrote:
My storm cat has storm aura (may cast storm ward) and she casts it fairly often but only after I've been attacked with a storm spell, so perhaps you need to find the right conditions to trigger casting.

Oh lordy let's hope not. I'm hoping that KI is not making all this utterly ridiculous. If the pet says that it may cast a storm blade, then by gosh, it should cast a storm blade once per fight or maybe with a 20% chance each round. It needs to be something realistic otherwise I'll just stick with the pets that give me a bunch of resistance and power since those work every round in every fight!

Defender
May 09, 2009
minxymoo wrote:

well i think i have been through every condition their is. i went through most of krok with the storm hound. all of marlybone and now i still have him in mooshu. i have fought every differnt monster in the first to worlds and all their bosses and dungeons ( exept for kingston park which is way hard until your a grand master. then its just diffecult)

not once has it cast a storm blade and i have been hit with death, myth, life, balance, storm, fire, and ice spells and it never trigured the blade to be cast.

as i can see above i'm not alone with the maybe thing and it is really anoying cause i would rather be able to buy back its talents with crowns (without losing its anchient stats) and select new ones so i can avoid this maybe talant. (by the way how is a maybe a talant?)

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I think I've been lucky with my storm cat. My stormzilla has had stormtrap since adult; he's also ancient, stats are maxed and still has not cast the spell. Maybe he thinks I don't need it.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
My adult Storm Serpent has Storm Aura (may cast storm ward), and it cast it twice during a battle in which I was attacked 24 times by storm. (Both times, it was after lightning elf damage over time attacks.) So, it seems the chance must be about 1 in 10.

My epic Stormzilla has Storm Trap (may cast storm ward), and it has never cast it.

Either way, these "Ultra Rare" talents don't seem as valuable as the "Rare" talents of Storm-Proof (+% storm resist) and Storm-Giver (+% storm attack), which my Stormzilla has and are always active.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
I agree.

My Damp Demon got the talent that gives me a Stormblade card. It's a blue card and acts like a gear card...however, it doesn't stack with MY Stormblades. Um..thanks..if I want Stormblades I can just put up to 7 of my own in my deck. Pointless talent unless it stacks with my own Stormblades.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
HeadInMud wrote:
Either way, these "Ultra Rare" talents don't seem as valuable as the "Rare" talents of Storm-Proof (+% storm resist) and Storm-Giver (+% storm attack), which my Stormzilla has and are always active.

I agree. I'd rather have a pet with stat boosts than talents that are never cast.