Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Having trouble logging in! :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Ok I've been trying to log in for the past hour or so and a window keeps popping up that everyone knows that too many people logging in... But the thing is that my husband got to log in and saw that the realms are not that crowded... I just don't understand why I can't log in when there aren't many people on...

Administrator
Tunai, this is troubling.
Do you happen to remember the error message you were receiving? Was it the 'Connecting to Server...' and then the 'cannot connect please try again.'? Or was it something different?

When we made the most recent update to Wizard101, the actual "exe" file changed just a little. Some people who run programs that monitor or restrict what can access the internet (such as Zone Alarm, some firewalls, and some virus scan software) noticed that after our most recent update that Wizard101 had been denied internet access.

Please do a quick double check if you are running any firewalls or virus scan software that filter what can access the internet, and if that all looks good, I know our Technical Wizards in the Support department can work with you and your specific computer setup to figure out what is going on. Feel free to repost or you can also email support directly at support@wizard101.com

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Well I was on earlier in the day and logged off or a while to go eat then came back and couldn't log in. I did get the "connecting to Server" then "Can not log into Wizard, Please try again later" message. I don't usually have a firewall up when I play mmo's. Now my husband's account is doing the same...

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
I am having the same issue. here is the message "ERROR. Could not connect to Wizard101 please try again later."

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
We are having the same problem. What is strange is that I downloaded the latest video card stuff available and went onto one account. Then I switched to a different one so my son could play and what pops up is:
"Connecting to server" and the "Unable to connect to the server. Try again later." Meanwhile, my other son is on his account (the one I had been on just fine) and having a great time.

Gamma, can you help my young one? Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
We are having similar connection issues with our son's account. We have a laptop that my wife and I can log into our accounts fine and we can get into the game; trying to log on my son's account we get the "Connecting to server... cannot connect to server."
There is no firewall/virus checker blocking outside connections.

Update: We can log into the game from both of our laptops and our desktop PC just fine; logging in our son's account = Connecting to server error.

Checked his account (it's merged with ours) and his subscription is fine, it doesn't re-up for payment until the end of the month. (We're both subscribers in 6 month blocks, he's month-to-month: could there be something wrong with the Monthly based accounts?)

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
i am having the same problem...it seems like other people are too as they say on your group on facebook.....my siblings cant get on either..

Survivor
May 31, 2010

I'm unable to log in also on either one of my computers.

I've been playing for most of the day no problem. I logged off to have dinner around 8:15pst. Tried to log on 45 mins later and am unable too.

I dont think it's a firewall issue because like I said, I've been logging in & out all day today.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I also have the "Connecting to Server...." "Error; Could not connect to wizard 101. Please try again later"

I created an exception in my firewall and virus scanner lists for Play Wizard 101.exe But I still could not connect. I will email Support with the dxdiag file now.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I'm having trouble logging in as well. Usually it's my internet connection that gives out. But my internet is working fine. However, the error message pops up, Connecting to Server...then a few moments later "failed to connect to Wizard 101, try again later". This is really frustrating, because I pay month to month, usually at night - with all the updates and the game going down nearly night now, I'm already losing time that I've spent my money on to play the game. Now this? I checked my firewall, it is entirely disabled.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
I can't log in either. Took down firewall to no effect. Tried three different computers. It is after midnight Eastern time, so it can't be crowded servers. My son will want to play when he gets up so I hope this can be resolved soon!

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Well, right after I emailed Support, i decided to unplug my cable modem for a minute. Plugged it back in, waited for internet browser to work, then logged in to Wizard 101 with no problems.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Well, well...I typed too soon. I had a "Failed to upload character" error, followed by the Connecting to Server...Could not connect to wizard 101 error. I guess I will wait for Support to do their magic :)

even restarted computer but received same could not connect error.
sorry for all the responses here

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
I am also having the same problem. :-(

I could not get pass "CONNECTING TO SERVER..." but on one occassion and then my character would not upload. This message without error code is what appeared - "ERROR Could not connect to Wizard 101. Please try again later." I have tried both of my paid accounts on numerous occassions and have not been allowed to play the game.

Prior to the most recent update to the game - the training of pets - I had never seen "CONNECTING TO SERVER..." Now there has been a delay in connecting for the last week. :?

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Tunai wrote:
Ok I've been trying to log in for the past hour or so and a window keeps popping up that everyone knows that too many people logging in... But the thing is that my husband got to log in and saw that the realms are not that crowded... I just don't understand why I can't log in when there aren't many people on...

School just let out for the Summer and now Wizard101's servers are being bombarded with log in requests. I'm sure they are taking measures to handle the load and will try to improve log in time but between now and then you just got to be patient since a boat load of people are wanting to log into the game.

Hint: When you log out, go to your controls and change realms that is 8 or 10 realms down on the list that way when you log in again you may possibly log in to that not so populated world and not end up in a queue or waiting area to log into a full world that you logged out of since the realm you were in may be full when you wish to log in again.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Tunai wrote:

Before you log out change realms to a "perfect" realm way down on the list because if you logged out while in a full realm you might have to wait to get logged back in to that realm which just might happen to be full when you come back.

If players would en mass start to log out in non-full worlds it would most likely increase log in time and reduce stress on the game servers.

If everyone gets into Ambrose realm or any other full realm and logs out in Ambrose realm they will log in to Ambrose realm when they log in again. Big wait time.

The servers do have a log in limit and will log you in to another realm so you must take that into consideration too.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Survivor
May 02, 2010
Same issue here: "Could not connect to Wizard101 Server, please try again."

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I changed realms before I logged out of the game it made no difference.
It says there are so many players trying to log in they can't all go at once.
If KI is going to add features to draw more players they need SERVERS to handle that kind of volume pretty simple fix on their part.
Off subject but did anyone else lose a mount(permanent) last night I know a couple wizards that did including ME in the pet pavillion I dismounted and after playing logged off game went in this am horse GONE

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
MarkUCLA wrote:

I'm unable to log in also on either one of my computers.

I've been playing for most of the day no problem. I logged off to have dinner around 8:15pst. Tried to log on 45 mins later and am unable too.

I dont think it's a firewall issue because like I said, I've been logging in & out all day today.

The same thing happened to me, but it happened after I clicked on the log in page to view announcements...and now I cant do anything, tried to reinstall game, update drivers etc etc etc and cant get desktop icon at all and no way to get onto game any other way!! This is so fustrating, I am not a free player either and have two paid for accounts! :x