Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet statistics/Numbers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Maybe im blind, but I have been looking all over for an explanation of the numbers reflected for pet statistics. Most of the numbers I understand, but the ones I have primary interest in are the ones at the top (below NO AUCTION on the card images). These numbers are presented next to the pets age in the format of XX (YY).
For example my pet is an Ancient Sturdy Dragon (card pet). It says 45 (16) next to where it says "Ancient". What do those numbers represent?

Thank you

Administrator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're referring to the Pedigree

Your pet's Pedigree Score represents its upper potential which is how rare and powerful the Talents and Powers are that it can manifest. The higher its Pedigree, the better. The second number represents how much of your pet's Pedigree it has already manifested.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Yes, thats what I was referring to.
Is there a chart somewhere that would allow someone to better understand the significance of their pets pedigree scores? Sure the higher the better but where does our pet stand on the pet pedigree scale?

Thanks again.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
OFxLedzeplin wrote:
Maybe im blind, but I have been looking all over for an explanation of the numbers reflected for pet statistics. Most of the numbers I understand, but the ones I have primary interest in are the ones at the top (below NO AUCTION on the card images). These numbers are presented next to the pets age in the format of XX (YY).
For example my pet is an Ancient Sturdy Dragon (card pet). It says 45 (16) next to where it says "Ancient". What do those numbers represent?

Thank you

If you total up all the dots next to the talents your pet can earn, say a common is 1, an uncommon is 2, rare is 3, ultra-rare is 4, and epic is 5, for both sides of the pet (in play and derby) you will get the first number. The second number (#) is the total of the talents you have earned to date.

On average, you should get a number about half of the first for the (#), but, in reality, usually the game gives you the more common (this is from a small sample, for example, I bought a crown pet that had 3 rares, the rest ultra-rares (or better) and it is the rares they are selecting, not the ultra-rares....not that it is really important to me, I am just seeing how things work, but others may care....

Survivor
May 01, 2010
No offense meant, Gamma, but that explanation is not very helpful. Sure, it's great for someone with a baby or a teen, but I have an ancient pet which has only manifested about 25% of it's potential.

What EXACTLY is "potential"? My stats are maxed, and I only have 2 abilities left to gain (one for Derby and one for Gameplay). Why is my pet stuck at 16?