Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connecting to Server...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
If you see this message, young Wizard, it means that there are so many players trying to get into the game at the same time, that there's a bit of a lineup.

We are working to make those lineups go faster, but please be patient and try again if you fail to connect.

I AM TRUELY SRY! i mad a post about it and i just read it sry and wizard 101 moniator i ask you not to allow that other post to be submitted thx lolz

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Is KI working on the problem? I have been experiencing problems since they shut down the game for maintenance. I have not been able to get back on since.

Yes thank you, we are aware and working diligently (and quickly) to resolve the issues.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Is the whole game down or is it just that some of us are not able to log in?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
If you see this message, young Wizard, it means that there are so many players trying to get into the game at the same time, that there's a bit of a lineup.

We are working to make those lineups go faster, but please be patient and try again if you fail to connect.

Maybe we can get more realms to spread everyone out. Even the normal realms are to crowded.
Seems the new world is in and I can't get connected.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Ok thanks, but can you atleast put in a 'Retry' button, it gets most annoying having to reload it all up.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
What I think the problem is that this game has so many players that either KI's servers or their ISP cannot hand the stress of the traffic generated by this game an even paying customers can't log in.

I'm pay to play, can't log in but how many free players are logged in? If I can't log in am I to believe that every known realm is full of pay to play's?

What good is giving priority log in to pay to play's when the free ones connection is not cut to make room for pay to play? I'm not against the free to play's but things are so bad they need to be tossed off the server so pay to play can log in. I don't care if they are in a world record fight either.

Plus after I have to put up a fight to log in and I go directly to the realm selections and see that I am in a full world when whole there is a whole list of others realms that are either crowded or perfect and I wonder why couldn't KI just get it over with and put me in one of those realms instead of a waiting queue to get into a full world that is going to time out and give the player the "exit" button and especially since I am going to go to a crowded or perfect world once I get in anyway in order to get away from all that traffic.

I'm in a full world and try to go to a perfect one and I get tossed out completely. That proves KI's servers or their ISP can't handle the traffic because it isn't about a full, crowded or perfect world or I could go straight to it without a problem. I fight for an hour to get in, I'm forced into a full realm, I try to go to a less populate realm and I get tossed out for another wasted hour to get back in, again FORCED INTO A FULL WORLD meanwhile the free to play's can hang around and call each other names, rip off each others treasure cards and loiter in from of Ambrose' house. Ridiculous.

Traffic should not be directed to full world but only to crowded or perfect.

Once the log in connection fails the entire interface closes and I have to reload it from scratch over and over and over when all they have to do is replace the "exit" button with a "try again" button but noooooooo, reload it, reload it, reload it, reload it like a broken record is so stupid.

This is insane and is more aggravation than it's worth. If these keeps up I may end up under a doctors care.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
And these delays will make me want to mix pets, and bring my hard earned level 48 pet to adulthood?

Hmm, and by the way in the test realm they had a Dragon House, and it was in ICE, maybe I missed the meaning, but there was no dragon and it was a bad rendition of a Grizzleheim place.

my 2cents, anyone got change?

Rhemas

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
I have a level 50 Ice Wizard with the "Holm Sweet Holm" task that is blank. I read the last dialogue and I was supposed to do Frostholm. So I went back in and did the whole thing TWICE!! and it's still blank and now I can't move on and finish the rest of Grizzelheim. This is very frustrating since me, my husband and son have spent hundreds of dollars to KI for crowns to play and enjoy our time on the Spiral. Please help!!

Anna Winterbreeze

Survivor
May 11, 2010
I have been waiting to get in game since 8:30 am and it is now 11:34 pm 15 hours??? i am a subscriber to. Before anyone goes and says why would you wait that long, well i work from home and i can run the game in background to try to get in... but for 15 hours now no such luck.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
I been trying and it won't let me get into the game. it trys to load up then it stops. Is anyone else having this problem. I been trying for a day now to get into wizards.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Rhemas wrote:
And these delays will make me want to mix pets, and bring my hard earned level 48 pet to adulthood?

Hmm, and by the way in the test realm they had a Dragon House, and it was in ICE, maybe I missed the meaning, but there was no dragon and it was a bad rendition of a Grizzleheim place.

my 2cents, anyone got change?

Rhemas

The grizzle house in the test realm was called Dragon Fjiord, its just the name.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
What I think the problem is that this game has so many players that either KI's servers or their ISP cannot hand the stress of the traffic generated by this game an even paying customers can't log in.

I'm pay to play, can't log in but how many free players are logged in? If I can't log in am I to believe that every known realm is full of pay to play's?

What good is giving priority log in to pay to play's when the free ones connection is not cut to make room for pay to play? I'm not against the free to play's but things are so bad they need to be tossed off the server so pay to play can log in. I don't care if they are in a world record fight either.

Plus after I have to put up a fight to log in and I go directly to the realm selections and see that I am in a full world when whole there is a whole list of others realms that are either crowded or perfect and I wonder why couldn't KI just get it over with and put me in one of those realms instead of a waiting queue to get into a full world that is going to time out and give the player the "exit" button and especially since I am going to go to a crowded or perfect world once I get in anyway in order to get away from all that traffic.

I'm in a full world and try to go to a perfect one and I get tossed out completely. That proves KI's servers or their ISP can't handle the traffic because it isn't about a full, crowded or perfect world or I could go straight to it without a problem. I fight for an hour to get in, I'm forced into a full realm, I try to go to a less populate realm and I get tossed out for another wasted hour to get back in, again FORCED INTO A FULL WORLD meanwhile the free to play's can hang around and call each other names, rip off each others treasure cards and loiter in from of Ambrose' house. Ridiculous.

Traffic should not be directed to full world but only to crowded or perfect.

Once the log in connection fails the entire interface closes and I have to reload it from scratch over and over and over when all they have to do is replace the "exit" button with a "try again" button but noooooooo, reload it, reload it, reload it, reload it like a broken record is so stupid.

This is insane and is more aggravation than it's worth. If these keeps up I may end up under a doctors care.
i was experiencing the same problem a couple days ago. when the newest update came out (the celestia one) couldnt get past the title screen with the spiral on it. i got the "connecting to server" message, then "connecting to wizard101 please wait", then "still connecting to wizard101" ( glad you have a sense of humor about this KI, cause us players sure don't ) i could, however, log in to character selection screen later, but then got a message saying "wizard101 is very busy right now. try again later". later still, i managed (finally) to access the game. as this was the same day as the update, and since it was locked down for maitnence, i imagine it was: A. the bugs that the testers missed appeared in massive numbers when it came out, and they were busy fixing them even after the maintnence was over causing strain in the system and blocking requests to access the game. B. (the more likley of the 2) there were so many players itching to get to celestia that it blocked up like KI said.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
yeah i took like 30 minutes to get in and then decided to wait a few days to play when the line isnt so big

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
:D it used to be a huge pain, but now it's fixed and i can finally roam without that problem

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
I'm wondering what's going on atm with the servers because the minute i log on I get disconnected. It's getting a little annoying since I'm trying to finish Emperor's Retreat....Any word from the devs on this one??

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Honestly i don't believe that. I have never had a problem with all this unable to connect to server stuff. It has just happened today. I get on wizard 1/5 times i try and when i get on it kicks me off 5 min later. I am sick of going to play my favorite computer game and it kicks me off each time. You guys need to do something about this situation before you lose a paying customer. Please try to fix this I have tried everything. Please