Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Ok, so one of my friend's just woudln't stop bothering me. He was following me everywhere. I ported to my Desert Vila house to decorate. I didn't want anyone to see it yet. He teleports to me. I don't have text chat, so i said "Please go away" . He dosn't say anything... he just runs around my house and woudn't leave! There should some sort of button where you can not let certain people in your house, or something to kick them out! Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Cody Stormcaster Lv. 50 Thaumuturge
Alex Lifebringer Lv. 29 Theurgist

Administrator
We have given you the tools to limit when friends can teleport to you.

Players can select whether to Allow Friend Requests, Allow Trade Requests, Allow Teleports and Allow Group Invites.

You can find this setting by pressing ESC on your keyboard and selecting the Privacy Tab.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Defender
Feb 15, 2010
happened to me once i had the regular chat though the guy would not stop saying "where" he literally kept saying "where"

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Yeah, you should turn ports off, but sometimes it gets out of control, I had asked a couple of friends to see what they though of my house, after some people I didn't invite who were there friends ported, I asked them to turn off ports cause I realized it might get out of control, well, my friend's listened, but there friends didn't , so I had a "party" at my house for about 5 straight hours. But, on the bright side, all 100 or something people that ported said they liked my house even though it was not finished. :?

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Players can select whether to Allow Friend Requests, Allow Trade Requests, Allow Teleports and Allow Group Invites.

You can find this setting by pressing ESC on your keyboard and selecting the Privacy Tab.

That's not the point. We want to be able to kick people out of the house AFTER they get there. Like if you have a friend and one of their friends teleports to them while your friend is in your house, and you want them to leave. You can't get rid of them unless they listen to you. I think you should add a feature to kick people out of your house, but you probably don't because it's"unoriginal" or something.

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

That's not the point. We want to be able to kick people out of the house AFTER they get there. Like if you have a friend and one of their friends teleports to them while your friend is in your house, and you want them to leave. You can't get rid of them if they listen to you. I think you should add a feature to kick people out of your house, but you probably don't because it's"unoriginal" or something.

Exactly!

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
i've had this problem a lot
it seems like almost every time i go to my house someone ports to me and then one or more of their friends ports to them
of course i wasnt decorating but still i just wanted to go to my house and maybe talk to my friends
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster pyromancer and owner of the most expensive house you can get in ds
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 life and owner of a life house

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I have had this problem myself! It is very difficult to manage your friends, especially if you want to only invite certain people to port to you in your house. You will have to go through the "turn off my allow friends teleport, then tell your friends to port when you say go and turn it on, only to turn it off again method". I think that considering it IS your house, there should be a kick out button or something of the sort.

At the same time i should disagree with it because people would abuse it, could also take away the friendly environment of the game by kicking others out their homes.

As of now, i really do not let this subject bother me, but it would always be nice to have control over our houses.

An IDEA would be to put a allow friends only in your house, that way your friend's friends do not just port in without permission. Just a Suggestion.

See ya in the spiral!

Community Leader
Hello all,
I guess its time for me to say I don't mind people coming to my house ,people port to other people its ok :) I tell them look around if the people I don't know get unruly, I have the option to ignore them. I can also hop to another house/ dorm if you dont have another house and leave them there ;) .

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
zz00 wrote:
Ok, so one of my friend's just woudln't stop bothering me. He was following me everywhere. I ported to my Desert Vila house to decorate. I didn't want anyone to see it yet. He teleports to me. I don't have text chat, so i said "Please go away" . He dosn't say anything... he just runs around my house and woudn't leave! There should some sort of button where you can not let certain people in your house, or something to kick them out! Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

You totally copied Otys's post. Copy cat.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I would love a kick out button.
But what works is use the furniture in your house and block of all exits/entrances. Then they will start porting else where in the spiral. I know it sounds mean (not a mean person but,) it gets the job done.

Lenora SkyWhisper
Myth Rules,
Storm Drools

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
i had a friend come to my house, she had a friend port to her and soon, there were too many people there. i asked all to leave, i asked the guest to have everyone leave. no one left. i went to the housing store and sold the house with everyone in it. no regrets, my stuff was put in the attic, the people? sold i guess lol, well they had a party any way. my friend, no longer.
but yes there needs to be an eject button for unwanted guests of guests.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
i wouldn't say this is the right thing to do but some guy reported me for being in his house he did it to every one insides harsh

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
zz00 wrote:

Who?

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
zz00 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
zz00 wrote:

Who?

OK, iv'e read Oty's post. And i wasn't trying to copy him. Go insult someone in a diffrent section.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
here is how I deal with these people I just take a box or crate and place it on them untill they leave and I turn off porting. lol. there are a bunch of strangers I find in my house that are not in my friend list. and I also do not have my friends there at the time.Its fun to just leave them in a crate and decorate. almost always they are gone when I return. some stay but I turn off game and they gone the next day.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
JFam027 wrote:
I have had this problem myself! It is very difficult to manage your friends, especially if you want to only invite certain people to port to you in your house. You will have to go through the "turn off my allow friends teleport, then tell your friends to port when you say go and turn it on, only to turn it off again method". I think that considering it IS your house, there should be a kick out button or something of the sort.

At the same time i should disagree with it because people would abuse it, could also take away the friendly environment of the game by kicking others out their homes.

As of now, i really do not let this subject bother me, but it would always be nice to have control over our houses.

An IDEA would be to put a allow friends only in your house, that way your friend's friends do not just port in without permission. Just a Suggestion.

See ya in the spiral!
good idea! :) :-) :D

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
People should be kicked out of your house when you log off. I tried that but it didn't work.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

yeah but what if your at a party and just like a few people are ruining the party?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Since a house is your own little private area of the game, I agree there should be some way to toss unwanted guests/trouble-makers :)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
zz00 wrote:
zz00 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
zz00 wrote:

Who?

OK, iv'e read Oty's post. And i wasn't trying to copy him. Go insult someone in a diffrent section.

Well, its already been said. Why say it again? He made that post a long time ago, though, so ya. Then he quit last Oct, 28.....funny how I remember that stuff....

Defender
May 18, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

That's not the point. We want to be able to kick people out of the house AFTER they get there. Like if you have a friend and one of their friends teleports to them while your friend is in your house, and you want them to leave. You can't get rid of them unless they listen to you. I think you should add a feature to kick people out of your house, but you probably don't because it's"unoriginal" or something.
kick out button would be nice

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
today, i was at a friends house and my friend left his house, i was afk cause i went to do something offline, then when i get back, my other friend ported. i told him to leave but he was like no, i got my friend and he made him get out, i deleted the invading friend and later on he was like "wow you deleted me cause of that" oh well, your loss

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I lost a good friend because of this situation. Yesterday, i was gonna do something in my house and my friend ported and his friend ported, i told his friend to leave. she was nice and left, but then my friend deleted me and was like "you cant send me away now" i told him there is another way and he said to do it and i clicked ignore then send away. I was sad that my friend somehow just turned on me and he was a pretty good friend, but oh well.