Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Connecting to server... unable to connect.."

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Im having the same problem. Its been going on for three weekes.please does any one know how to stop it :(

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
We can't connect either since Saturday the 25th getting same issue can't connect to server. I thought it might be the connection or the firewall to the computer but seems to be server issue on the website that is causing the problem or the fact that so many players are on at the same time. Please help?

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hi have heard you can't get on wizard101.This may be due to low internet access,and some firewall permission.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
When this happened to me i was devastated too but i got past it eventually.

What i did was:

1. Furiously cut my computer on and off (lol )

2. Reinstalled W101

Solution 2 worked for me and i continued through the game with out a problem.

Don't worry when your reinstall, none of your data or chars will be erased but you will have to load all the areas over again and your gear will have to load.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
i too have recieved "error 126". I was able to play 2 days after the installed celestia into the real game then error 126 shows up again. Before that i was not able to play for 3 weeks kept getting error 126. I pay for a family of 3. We each have our own pc (desktop) and all 3 have same error message. The "senior wizards" claim its our computers but i doubt it. Any answers or solution would help.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
this is becomgin boring now i have waiting almost 3 hours on and off to play the game as a yearly payer i demand better for me and the rest of the paying community. and when i do get on (every so offten) i see lots of free players running about like nothing is matter but there is playing custorms are frezzing and being knocked off the game like no tomorrow. if K.I. wants to keep me and mayn others happy start fixing theres problems soon otherwise you will be losing a valued custorm who actully pays to play.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I am having this same problem. I can guarantee its not my connection because i was on yesterday with no problems. and it just started happening. i am a paying customer just bought 2 month membership and i cant even play it now :( they need to fix this now before they lose a lot of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I am having this same issue. I am getting this error "CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER". PLease help. I just got a 40.00 gift card for Xmas
and its going to waste. I read the FAQ's and nothing applies. I
also sent an email but if anyone is out there that has an answer I
would appreciated the assistance. Thanks

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
i had the same problem a year ago my mom was about 2 buy me a membership and then it said cannot onnect 2 w101 server now i have a new account 4 w101 and a new computer i forgot my old accouts password but then i found a paper that i wrote it down on and now i can log on to my old accout just fine but it sucks that i had 2 wait a year though

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
If all else fails, try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.

Also try running your virus software to ensure you don't have any trojans or viruses in your system that might be affecting connections or ports.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
the same thing happened to me when i got my sub and i went on my wiz that did not had an sub plz somone help me

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Im getting very upset with this. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times already and nothings working. Im starting to get more annoyed and more annoyed every time I do it ! If they dont fix this problem their going to lose a lot of customers !

Administrator
As we keep telling you, your issues are directly related the computer you are using.

To properly assess why you are seeing this we need more information from you:

Please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name affected
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information
The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
:? :? :( :( wow we can log on to talk on the boards but we cant actually play that is stupid. two days cant play, I bought a card for the month and nothing. cant play.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
Im ticked i wasnt able to play for 6 days and counting)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I have been waiting 2 days to play!!!!!!!!!!! I was in the middle of a battle with a boss in the Ironworks when I lost connection and it wouldnt let me back on!!!!!!!!!!!! Kingsisle please fix this soon I have got to play Wizard101!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Yep, getting the same problem as most in here. I can connect to all my other characters except for my main. "Cannot connect to server" Really? Then why does my others connect fine?
1) It's not my net connection for my kids play on the laptops at the same time just fine.
2) I've reinstalled for the simple fact of testing. Even cleaned out the registry strings and any mention of Wizard101 or KI. Same issue.
3) Logged in from work, that has different ISP and a faster connection. Same issue.
4) Tested with 7 different systems. Same issue.

So. Conclusion. KI needs to fix this problem for it's no doubt theirs to repair. Any one in KI wish to give us paying and nonpaying players a clue? A little information goes a long way to ease tension with an already angry crowd of players.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I have not been able to connect since Sunday evening. Wondering if anyone else has the issue. I'm getting Error #107, and have tried all of the recommendations. I can connect to the internet and other games just fine (using my FIOS router). I have emailed support (twice) but not a response yet.

Interestingly...if I disconnect from my FIOS router and instead connect via my broadband aircard, I CAN connect. But I don't want to use those minutes when I shouldn't have to. This different way of accessing means a different IP address - could my IP address be blocked?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
same problom! :( :( :) fail super fail epic fail i play a level 23 lol

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
cannot connect exact problox says the same thing

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Professor Greyrose, I think it is a bit too much of a coincidence that, after one update, tons of people suddenly can't play.

I too experience these issues at times, when I log off, for me there is about a 30% chance I'm gonna crash. I can play fine otherwise, though.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
lego869 wrote:
Well this is fun.
3 days now and we haven't been able to connect to the server for some reason. It's not in the "known bugs" area though.
Would anyone from K.I. care to comment?
ya maybe we live in same area but whatever that so i have been having that A WHOLE LOT its really frustrating :( :(

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
scratch1956 wrote:
i too have recieved "error 126". I was able to play 2 days after the installed celestia into the real game then error 126 shows up again. Before that i was not able to play for 3 weeks kept getting error 126. I pay for a family of 3. We each have our own pc (desktop) and all 3 have same error message. The "senior wizards" claim its our computers but i doubt it. Any answers or solution would help.
ya error 126 has been happening proffesor greyrose told me to email support@wizard101.com you should try

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I've had this happen for days now. It's not my computer or server. I am playing in Zafaria and then I get a disconnect. Sometimes it connects back on and other times, it doesn't. The worst part is when you're in a battle and it disconnects or in a dungeon and have to start over.

I can imagine how many more people are playing Wizard now than ever before, and with a new world, it's suddenly chaotic and full. So it's not far-fetched to think that KingsIsle servers are just not able to handle too much of a load at once, is it?