Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheating in Derby races

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I've seen it happen a couple of times already and even reported one player last night for it.

What seems to happen is that the player:
1. Leaves the game. logs out, or disconnects during the race. (his character disappears completely from the track)
2. Rejoins the game and the race mistakenly puts that player onto the second lap. (His character reappears and is put into first place, the legit first place pet is put into second place)
3. Player finishes race in half the time it takes other players to finish.

Can this issue be solved and can reported player actually be nailed down and punished for these actions?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
The only way they could punish a player is if they could prove (without a doubt) it was on purpose. If they started banning all players that go link dead during races they would have a serious problem. A lot of people have legit connection/network/PC issues. By simply logging back in, they are doing nothing wrong. It is the game's fault they are being put in 1st place... not theirs.

The best thing KI can do right now is work quickly on a solution to fix the bug that is allowing re-connected players back into the race at all. Players should get bumped back out to the Pet Pavilion when they log back in after a disconnect.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I think that just because they are cheating on the derby races, doesn't mean that they should ban it. The derby races take at least ten minutes if you are in the lead. Maybe they just want to shorten the race. And besides, if you know they trick, why not use it yourself?

Best regards,
Hunter Thunderdust, Level 39 Fire, about 300 arena rank

Hero
May 27, 2009
I didn't know it until I read it here in another thread, but there is a talent called "teleport" which the pet can use to port to the pet in front. This would allow them to legally get into the 2nd lap ahead of everyone else. I guess it would look like cheating if you didn't know about it. What a great talent to have, though, huh?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Ya Willow there is another ability called fizzy pop or something that teleports a pet to the next one ahead

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
njboy9 wrote:
Maybe they just want to shorten the race. And besides, if you know they trick, why not use it yourself?

Because that would consider as cheating. And if everyone knew how to do it, the derby would be useless and unbalanced. I wouldn't consider punishment, only if they are doing it on purpose.
njboy9 wrote:
I think that just because they are cheating in the derby races, doesn't mean they should ban it. The derby races take at least ten minutes if you are in the lead.
Shorten it? if you do not agree with me then I could consider you as a cheater and a unfair player. And banning it is the best idea :x

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Armontiiago wrote:
I've seen it happen a couple of times already and even reported one player last night for it.

1. Leaves the game. logs out, or disconnects during the race. (his character disappears completely from the track)
2. Rejoins the game and the race mistakenly puts that player onto the second lap. (His character reappears and is put into first place, the legit first place pet is put into second place)

Can this issue be solved and can reported player actually be nailed down and punished for these actions?

I believe that that happened to me on the test realm.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
David8675309 wrote:
Armontiiago wrote:

I believe that that happened to me on the test realm.

me too but i did it agien and its ok.