Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Using one school per character

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I have one character for every school. And I have changed the secondary schools quite a bit over time with each of my characters. Then I realized...how much better it would be if the game was geared more towards a character having one school only. Of course still have treasure cards and stuff. Been a few times I actually tried using one school. It is harder. Especially when you are up against the same school. Thats why the conversion spells help. KI, maybe think about having more copies of schools cards in the biggest deck? 60 cards and 4 copies of each...ok I can't remember. Is that right? 7 copies?
Anyway, It was just one of my random thoughts. I still have my decks set up that way from time to time. Some good cards you dont get in a secondary school...but thats the game...
Opinions are welcome

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
When you have a lower level of wizard, or you're just starting the game, it's handy to have a second type of magic to use. It also gives your deck variety. But once you get to higher levels (like upper twenties or thirties) then it becomes easier to only use your main school of magic. It's really hard to have to wait for all those pips for a spell of your second school, when you have plenty of power pips for you main school's spells. So I kind of see your point, but for lower level wizards it makes it more interesting to have different schools.

Victoria Spiritblossom, lvl 38 theurgist

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
yea i agree with that
i used to use my second school a lot cause i didnt get many power pips
but now i think it is a waste cause i get power pips almost every turn so most of my deck is my main school while a quater of it maybe would be a secondary school or third school
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster fire, storm is second, have some balance spells
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 life, secondary school ice/death(not sure which counts cause i have death up till banshee and ice up till snowman)