Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron is SOOO hard to find!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
teku09 wrote:
I dont hnow why you are having trouble finding scrap iron i have found tons of it. :D the problem is the stone blocks :?

YOu can find a ton of stone block in kroctopica

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
i found that an easy way to get scrap iron is to go in and out of counterweight east or west. there is usually one and sometimes too scrap iron in there. also there is mist would to get too.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
need scrap iron?the places i find scrap iron is either the ironworks or on some floors in big ben thats where i know there is scrap iron

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
lordjonel wrote:
Why are there so much mist wood, but SO little scrap iron in Marleybone.
It is very frustrating. I have seen very few Master Artisan badges, I think
the Marleybone crafting quest is us back. :)
Actually I enjoy finding scrap iron with my friends, in a group you are more likely to find more!!!! I did it in a group of 10

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
KMK524 wrote:
Go to Newgate prison, and the Clock Tower. There is some there. Change realms to keep finding it there. Somtimes it is found the next ramp down from the tower too. I found all I needed a couple days ago doing that.

REALLY!thats where it is. i'v been looking EVERYWHERE 4
scrap iron.at this rate i'd pay 1,000,000 coins 4 1 peice of scrap iron!!!

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
bobbyfly123 wrote:
bazaar sells scrap iron

that is true, but whenever i go to the bazaar there is rarely pieces of scrap iron, and if the is there is very few (like 1-4 pieces) all i can tell you is give up on the bazaar and say hello to the ironworks and big ben, all of the scrap iron is there, good luck my friends!

-Thomas lvl 50 Grandmaster pyromancer.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I just found some and It was way to easy lol
I was mad to i was like THATS A LOT
Took me like 15 minutes in the counterweights go in and collect the ragents
if there is no scrap iorn for three tries go to the other counterweight and look
Now i have to wait 5.5 hours before i can finish the quest and craft what i need lol
8) Devin Anglebreath 8)
Ledgendary Myth
Still On Mb Crafting

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
conorjak7 wrote:
you know you can buy a recipie to craft scrap iron though its a bit of a wast cause you end up using more reagents than you get.

Where do you get the recipe?

Hero
May 27, 2009
Shockdude72 wrote:
conorjak7 wrote:
you know you can buy a recipie to craft scrap iron though its a bit of a wast cause you end up using more reagents than you get.

Where do you get the recipe?

From Felicia Worthington outside Digmoore Station.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
i never went out to find scrap iron cause i was sick of it i finished marleybone and the WHOLE time i was there only found a single scrap iron peice........ so i go to bazaar and i see about 20 of it but guess what i click to buy and it says ERROR then i leave for a while come back its gone.it was dumb. i am in mooshu(go figure) and i still only have bout...what like 5!!!!!(i go to bazzar all the time and barely find any)

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
THE PLACES WHERE SCRAP IRON IS CHANGES OVER TIME. As of Dec 2010, the best place to look for Scrap Iron is in Knights Court. Use the teleporters if you are smart.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
i'm a master artistian, and i found the best place for scrap iron, was in Chelsa court. You go straight till, you can go right. There's a dead end. Go through the realms, to find it. Also go to the counterweights, to scoop it up. It goes really fast that way. hope it helped!

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
well i know the bazaar sells scrap iron. but since so many people are trying to get it most people get '' transaction not successful ''. and that is because some one already bought it.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I think the best places are the Dungeons and Chelsea Court.
(If you think it's impossible, it's possible, i'm a Adept Crafter, but I can't get to DS for next badge. Yet.)
And Glass Vials, you can only buy.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I have seen a lot of scrap iron in the disrect of the stars in Celestia. Hope this helps.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Oh oh you wanna know the BEST place for scrap iron? Counterweight west. I was looking for scrap iron, so I decidid to check counterweight west. I went in, found 2 pieces, and then I thought if I keep coming back in here, will there be more. So I went out and then back in and guess what. Another peice was there. So I kept going in and out until I had enough scrap iron for my quest. And almost everytime I went in, a least 1 nice, new, shiny peice of scrap iron was there waiting for me.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
What i did to find my scrap iron is ignore the quest until i got to counterweight east, then went inside. There is usually a little scrap iron and mist wood, so i collected that. then i went back out the door and stepped on the sigil. again, usually there is scrap iron and/or mist wood. hope this helps you, it really helped me.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
i know your right i dont know what to do i cant even buy the recipe for scrap iron help me what do i do

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I KNOW RIGHT! i finally finished that quest but now i have to find black lotus, WHERE IS IT!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I had to go through finding those too. I am now an adept crafter, I probably could become a master pretty easily, but I quit crafting. Back to where to find them. I had some places let me see ...

*Later* Scrap iron is in Marelybone: Chelsea Court: Make sure you have the gear and the paw teleporter activated: Go to chelsea tower: go through the paw, check around a bit, go back though the paw teleporter, go through the gear teleporter, check around a bit, come back, switch realms and repeat

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Again: Counterweight West. Just have patience until you get to that point in MB and then just enter/exit til you have the iron you need. I was getting frustrated as well with finding scrap iron, heck I didn't even know what it looked like until I was in the Ironworks and found a piece. However, I found the 30 or so I needed for the crafting I had to do in about 20 minutes using the CW W trick.

Duncan J
Lvl 54 Conjurer
(and recently Master Crafter - yeah, wait til you have to 'farm' about 40 black pearls for the last two quests)

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
It's very easy to find Scrap Iron in the Counterweights, mostly the east one. Just look around the bottom floor right when you get in. There's lots of Scrap Iron there. Keep going in and exiting until you have enough to craft the items for your badge.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Go to marleybone sometimes you can get scrap iron there. Fight storm people or any other people. I get scrap iron bye buying it in crown shop i buy reagent pack. Well any notes to me it will be nice. But its true its really hard to find scrap iron. 8)

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:
Nah there is plenty of scrap iron in Marleybone. Well that is if you did not talk to Felisha yet in Marleybone for the crafting quest line. I found that Scrap Iron is everywhere when I arrived in Marleybone, until I talked to Felisha to turn the quest in from Krokotopia. Once I turned the quest in and found that a specific reagent needed to make things was scrap Iron,for Felisha's quest then the Srap Iron was impossible to find.. You can thank KI for makeing life a little harder again then it needs to be in W101 for that.

same thing happend to me with wc crafting! before i stared the queast, i saw mist wood no matter where i was! i went to miss tangletree, and voila! no more mist wood ANYWHERE!!! i didnt have any mist would from when i was drownig in it, because i sold it all to the bazar for moola! i ended up buying the wood from the bazar but once she told me to go to krok to complete my crafting there, abra cadabra mist wood is back. is this a glitch or is it on purpose?

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
bobbyfly123 wrote:
bazaar sells scrap iron
no it doesn't it doesen't even sell mist wood!