Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron is SOOO hard to find!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Why are there so much mist wood, but SO little scrap iron in Marleybone.
It is very frustrating. I have seen very few Master Artisan badges, I think
the Marleybone crafting quest is us back. :)

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Part of the issue is over farming on some ingredients. That means more players must resort to the bazaar as well as card crafting to finish gaining the master artisan like me and so few rightfully proud others.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
Use the teleports in Chelsea or Hyde Park. Start in a "perfect" realm. Teleport to each area and check in the immediate area of the stone. Then switch to another "perfect" realm and repeat.

Defender
May 09, 2009
you know you can buy a recipie to craft scrap iron though its a bit of a wast cause you end up using more reagents than you get.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Ha! Wait until you have to farm Black Lotus over and over and over and over.......

Defender
May 28, 2009
Terwin wrote:
Ha! Wait until you have to farm Black Lotus over and over and over and over.......
Ya now I have to farm 15 Black lotus for ONE black pearl!

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Scrap Iron?

Try Chelsea Court. At the edges of buildings, there is plenty of Scrap Iron.

Sincerely,

Connor Raveneyes, lv. 37 Thaurmatage

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Nah there is plenty of scrap iron in Marleybone. Well that is if you did not talk to Felisha yet in Marleybone for the crafting quest line. I found that Scrap Iron is everywhere when I arrived in Marleybone, until I talked to Felisha to turn the quest in from Krokotopia. Once I turned the quest in and found that a specific reagent needed to make things was scrap Iron,for Felisha's quest then the Srap Iron was impossible to find.. You can thank KI for makeing life a little harder again then it needs to be in W101 for that.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Terwin wrote:

Black Lotus are easy, wait until you have to farm Blood Moss.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Is there an easier way to get scrap iron with all the headache?

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
noyeh wrote:
Is there an easier way to get scrap iron with all the headache?

Well if I get a lot of it it I sell it to the Bazzar, because when I needed the Iron I checked Bazzar and there was nothing. So when I get it I sell it off so people who need it do not get the headache of looking for it like I did. Check there, I just sold like 40 pieces of it to the bazzar.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
bobbyfly123 wrote:
bazaar sells scrap iron

No it doesn't. Not 42 pieces like I need for MB crafting.

Tabitha RainGlade level 32

PS: Where are all the glass vials?

Community Leader
At wizard101 central they have detailed reagent maps ,Not sure if this link will be allowed but Ill post it :
Detailed Map of Regeant's Spawn points
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17416

Hope this helps.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Glass Vials can be purchased from the Reagent Vendors in all worlds above Krok. Scrap Iron is easiest to find outside boss hideouts and in corners. Change realms often as you are doing other tasks, like running from this guy to that lady, and hopefully you'll have some luck. Once you find some, change realms to see if there is another spawn nearby.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
Go to Newgate prison, and the Clock Tower. There is some there. Change realms to keep finding it there. Somtimes it is found the next ramp down from the tower too. I found all I needed a couple days ago doing that.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
lordjonel wrote:
Why are there so much mist wood, but SO little scrap iron in Marleybone.
It is very frustrating. I have seen very few Master Artisan badges, I think
the Marleybone crafting quest is us back. :)

Yeah! Tell me about it! I am supposed to make two stingers of the scorpion and two constellation jewels, and I require like 32 iron scraps! I only have 10 so far. :| Guess I'm not getting my initiate crafters' badge.

Historian
May 28, 2009
The best place to finds scrap irons is at the knight court. Go to the knight court and teleport by using the teleport machine to the boss towers and aronds the tower, you may finds some, when you have teleported to all the towers, change your realm and re-go to the towers and re-change your realm......

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
If you go to Newgate Prison and walk to the teleporters, visit each realm and look around each teleporter. You should get one piece to pick up. That piece might give you one, two, or three pieces.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
The best place to finds scrap irons is at the knight court. Go to the knight court and teleport by using the teleport machine to the boss towers and aronds the tower, you may finds some, when you have teleported to all the towers, change your realm and re-go to the towers and re-change your realm......

Another easy way to find Scrap iron if you don't want to get around the creatures is on barkers street and before you enter the hot airballon station around those areas.

Once you get your scrap iron you go to a new realm and then search the places again it should respawn there for you to farm. You go to "all" of the realms (by realms i mean like phoenix and blossom and so forth all of them not just two but all.) and look around in these area's. Keep in mind that the scrap iron will move around but it will always be on barkers street and around the area before you go into the hot air ballon station.

It worked for me!!! I got all I needed to complete my quest today after getting advice from another player. Also if you don't see any in one realm just port to a new realm until you do find some. It didn't take me long to get a lot of scrap iron.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Only thing I don't like is I have to weight over 8 hours before I can do another piece of my quest item. I got all of em but one. I got all my regeants thank goodness. Just hate the waiting game. thats ok I will have it completed tomorrow morning :P

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
noyeh wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Only thing I don't like is I have to weight over 8 hours before I can do another piece of my quest item. I got all of em but one. I got all my regeants thank goodness. Just hate the waiting game. thats ok I will have it completed tomorrow morning :P

If you port to other realms it doesn't take so long. You just have to wait to make something once you have used up your time slots. I would rather have to wait on a time slot than to try and finish something that seems impossible to finish. Better a wait I say than the impossible.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I dont hnow why you are having trouble finding scrap iron i have found tons of it. :D the problem is the stone blocks :?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Is there any way to do this without all the headache? I mean, the bazzar is out of the question... And sometimes I don't even have the time or the money to buy it. They should make it so that you can buy all the reagents you need from the crowns shop. Has anyone seen any glass vials???

Tabitha RainGlade level 32 thaumaturge