Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Snack Pack

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Players will log in tomorrow to find a new Snack Pack in the Crowns Shop called the Mega Snack Pack!

It’s full of healthy snacks that will help your pet by greatly increasing their Agility, Strength, Intellect, Will and Power, and even their Experience!

Feed your pet Healthy foods from the Mega Snack pack and watch them grow up strong.

Look for information on the fansites about the contents of this new Mega Snack Pack.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for the Mega Snack Pack. It definitely makes it easier to reach Ancient and max out stats.

I was hoping that the experience boost you mentioned would help once stats are already maxed.... but my poor ancient wraith got an all too familiar +1 +0 after running through the maze game and feeding it a mega snack.

Any future plans to increase the amount of experience you receive when maxed?

Thanks

Administrator
Young Wizards,
We have discovered a bug with the Mega Snack Pack and it has been removed from the Crowns Shop for now.

Turns out that while the snacks are giving your pets the correct amount of bonuses, those bonuses are being displayed improperly.
~Professor Greyrose

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Just for clarification... Is it supposed to give the full experience regardless of whether your stats are maxed or not?

Thanks again

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Young Wizards,
We have discovered a bug with the Mega Snack Pack and it has been removed from the Crowns Shop for now.

Turns out that while the snacks are giving your pets the correct amount of bonuses, those bonuses are being displayed improperly.
~Professor Greyrose

Could you please tone down the cost a little? That would greatly help.

I would think you'd sell a LOT more at 500 / pack instead of 2500 / pack...

Administrator
The Mega Snack Pack is back, and the snacks will correctly display the bonuses when fed to your pet.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for getting the display problem resolved.

I'm still curious whether the experience applies to pets with maxed stats.

Also, I don't have any issue with the cost...

Thanks

Hero
May 27, 2009
Question for you, Gamma - are any of the snacks from the Mega-snack pack dropped by any enemies in the Spiral?

Administrator
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Gamma,

NOTE: I am still thoroughly enjoying W101 and am not at all interested in bashing KI. This posting is merely to express my reaction to how my seemingly simple question was not answered.

I am feeling a bit frustrated by the lack of an answer to my question.

The conversation has gone thusly:
Q: "any future plans to increase the xp once maxed?"
A: Mega Snack packs are buggy and have been removed.

Q: Me asking for clarificatino on the maxed stat thing
A: Mega Snack packs are back online and bug-free

Q: Me asking again about the mega snack pack xp & maxed stats
Q: someone else asks a question about drops
A: You answer both (I think) with a link to W101Central.

What I was looking for was a simple, "No, it won't give experience to a maxed out pet" or "Yes, it will."

Based on buying a mega snack pack with the anticipation of reinvigorating my desire to reach epic, and wasting one or two on a pet with maxed stats, I've decided that the answer is "No."

Is this potentially a "type" of question that you don't answer as a matter of policy? I haven't been around that long so it is possible I don't understand what to expect.

I will admit openly that, if you had answered "No," my next question was going to be whether you had any plans to make the jump to epic a little less tedious. To this question, I expected to either not get a response or a standard "we don't talk about future stuff" response.

For a question related to how a new feature works or is supposed to work, I did expect an official answer instead of having to spend a not-insubstantial amount of crowns to test.

I am merely suggesting that open communication about this type of stuff woudl reduce the amount of KI-bashing I see on fan sites.

Thanks for listening / reading.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Gamma wrote:
You can find details about the Mega Snack Pack on our Fansites such as http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73852

Your details are very sketchy
Feed your pet Healthy foods from the Mega Snack pack and watch them grow up strong.

Name Type Agility Strength Intellect Will Power
Hambrosia +50 Pet Experience +15 +15 +20
Fancy Yogurt +50 Pet Experience +15 +15 +20
Mystic Dragon Fruit +45 Pet Experience +12 +15 +18
Commander Canteloupe +45 Pet Experience +15 +12 +18
Cherry Tomato +40 Pet Experience +11 +14 +15
Golden Wheat Bread +40 Pet Experience +11 +14 +15
Flowering Pineapple +30 Pet Experience +7 +8 +15
Green Tomato +30 Pet Experience +7 +10 +13
Cubby Broccoli +30 Pet Experience +10 +7 +13
Yellow Corn +30 Pet Experience +7 +10 +13
Crab Apples +25 Pet Experience +10 +4 +1 +10
Baby Carrot +25 Pet Experience +5 +10 +10
Sun Fruit +25 Pet Experience +5 +7 +2 +1 +10
Dragonhorned Melon +25 Pet Experience +2 +8 +5 +10

Does not tell what field?
Do they work if your stat are all max?

Defender
Apr 21, 2010

Do they work if your stat are all max?

No. Mega-snacks work like any other snack, just with a ton more points.
Any stat that is already maxed will not increase. It will be 0.

If your pet is maxed, it's time to match it in the Hatchery and hope that the child will manifest (more) Talents that extend its stats. And/or match it with a pet that has greater maxed stats.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Yah the Mega Snack Pack really helped my pet grow and level up. In a matter of an hour my satyr pet went from Adult to Ancient. Thanks KI that really helped me. But now you have to fix the problem with getting to Epic because i'm only receiving one point per game now when i get perfect.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I was looking for a post and planning to submit a bug report. My ancient pet is already maxed out, and still has 850 xp to ancient. How can KI expect us to reach "Epic" by a mere 1 xp per 8 mana? You must be joking!

I share the frustration of one poster asking if any increase XP will be allowed when every skills is maxed.
No I dont agree with other poster to go to hatchery and hatch. Whats the point of having "Epic" when Ill be "epic" myself before my pet gets there???

KI, you need to address this issue.

Defender
May 02, 2010
They fixed the stat overflow system so now you will get full experience even when your stats are maxed.

Also, can this snack pack be bought with gold?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
I bought 2 Golden Wheat Bread (rank 7) in the bazzar today and when I went to feed them they wern't in the list. Whats the deal with that?

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
I really don't feel that the mega packs are mega enough. You have to spend a small fortune just to get them to level. I think they need to make a mega mega snack pack. To me the mega snack pack is just a trick to get you to spend mega money.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
wichmann59 wrote:
Gamma wrote:
You can find details about the Mega Snack Pack on our Fansites such as http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73852

Your details are very sketchy

Name Type Agility Strength Intellect Will Power
Hambrosia +50 Pet Experience +15 +15 +20
Fancy Yogurt +50 Pet Experience +15 +15 +20
Mystic Dragon Fruit +45 Pet Experience +12 +15 +18
Commander Canteloupe +45 Pet Experience +15 +12 +18
Cherry Tomato +40 Pet Experience +11 +14 +15
Golden Wheat Bread +40 Pet Experience +11 +14 +15
Flowering Pineapple +30 Pet Experience +7 +8 +15
Green Tomato +30 Pet Experience +7 +10 +13
Cubby Broccoli +30 Pet Experience +10 +7 +13
Yellow Corn +30 Pet Experience +7 +10 +13
Crab Apples +25 Pet Experience +10 +4 +1 +10
Baby Carrot +25 Pet Experience +5 +10 +10
Sun Fruit +25 Pet Experience +5 +7 +2 +1 +10
Dragonhorned Melon +25 Pet Experience +2 +8 +5 +10

heh... not sure if this is in fact the hambrosia and i'm mistaken, but you left out, i think, piggle-in-a-blanket.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
This is a great addition to the game, making it much easier and more efficient to get your pet to adult, while saving loads of time. Thank you KI!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
KI could you please give us a choice of paying crowns OR Gold, times are hard and not everybody can buy crowns all the time. How can we get our pets to epic if the cost of pet snacks are so high

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Very, Very occasionally, those mega snacks are sold in the bazaar and are then available for sale.

You can buy them for gold then, just as you can buy reagents and treasure cards.

You will have to be very lucky, and very quick: they go _fast_.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Um... Yeah Mega Snack pack really helped me. But now I need another ancient and now I need like ten more snack packs So KI can you give us a buy with gold option :(

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Ok, first of all I love the snack packs they are extremely helpful but, I have recently taken notice of the snack packs no longer able to be sold at the bazaar.
Now you all are probably saying yea yea yea who cares what this guy thinks, well some of us can't buy these things with crowns and as far as crowns DO go it is 5$ for one pack.....
This is one of many comments to come of this topic.
Oh and to those of you who need mega snacks you can get them from some plants here are some of them, baby carrots, prickly bear cactus and bread trees.