Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

low levels starting to irritate me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
now I know these ideas will not go over well with alot of people but they are my 2 man pet peeves in this game.
1) How about making it so people can't just port to wherever you are when you are in a battle without getting permission first like if you are fighting 2 enemies and someone on your friends list tries to port to you a pop up comes up asking if you want to allow it or not. I dont mind killing enemies with a friend or 2 but when I am 1 turn away from ending a tough fight I barely scraped by in and someone just pops in and gets to share in the spoils that I almost died for it irritates me.

2) This one is something that has really been a headache for me. There needs to be some kind of block or something to prevent low level people from accessing high level areas. like if they dont have the spiral key for that place yet they cant port there. The other day my friend and I had to switch realms because some guy that didnt even have 1000 life and whos highest card cost 2 pips to use is running around DS making easy fights into marathons by casting these spells and using up our traps for a spell that barely does 400 damage. It gets annoying having people get into your fights that dont even belong in the area in the first place.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
You're right. Your ideas are not going to go over well with many people. And there have been MANY posts about both of these ideas already...

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
illuminatiee wrote:
now I know these ideas will not go over well with alot of people but they are my 2 man pet peeves in this game.
1) How about making it so people can't just port to wherever you are when you are in a battle without getting permission first like if you are fighting 2 enemies and someone on your friends list tries to port to you a pop up comes up asking if you want to allow it or not. I dont mind killing enemies with a friend or 2 but when I am 1 turn away from ending a tough fight I barely scraped by in and someone just pops in and gets to share in the spoils that I almost died for it irritates me.

2) This one is something that has really been a headache for me. There needs to be some kind of block or something to prevent low level people from accessing high level areas. like if they dont have the spiral key for that place yet they cant port there. The other day my friend and I had to switch realms because some guy that didnt even have 1000 life and whos highest card cost 2 pips to use is running around DS making easy fights into marathons by casting these spells and using up our traps for a spell that barely does 400 damage. It gets annoying having people get into your fights that dont even belong in the area in the first place.

I agree, it's very annying when the low lvl's port and use traps doing lame spells, I was just telling a friend the other day while fighting in ds that they needed to do that because of the low lvl coming in and using the noob spells doing less the 400 dmg, but yea, I think they should do something about it too

Delver
May 29, 2009
Both of those, but definitely the first one can possibly be solved by turning your teleports off. This will keep people from just porting to you whenever they want. Another thing you can do if you forget to turn them off is tell the "friend" that they should whisper ask you first if it's ok. If they can't live with those rules then you should just delete them.

If you are in a high level area choose a perfect realm and ask anyone who is fighting with you to turn their ports off as well.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I know right? I was in ds fighting the storm lord, when this level 10 ported in and kept screaming at us to let him do the final hit! When we asked him to leave because he was just making it harder for us he just told us to make him and he kept following! Since he knew one of us irl we couldnt make him go away by switching realms or anything! It was SO ANNOYING

Fiona Starcatcher
Grandmaster Necromancer.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
illuminatiee wrote:
There needs to be some kind of block or something to prevent low level people from accessing high level areas. like if they dont have the spiral key for that place yet they cant port there.

I have to agree with you on this one. Wizards should not be able to port to an area which they have not already unlocked in the game themselves.

In addition to the very valid reason you state, I have all but removed most of the kids on my friends list because they don't bother playing the game amymore. They just friend you so they can port all over the place. It has become a "method of game play", which I believe ruins the entire game experience.

I have started telling kids no, that I won't port them places and be their personal portal stone. They just get angry because they can't believe I won't do that for them.

It doesn't have to be very granular. Simply limiting them to porting to worlds which they have already unlocked should be sufficient. Ambrose: "I'm sorry young wizard, but you have not been given passage to that world yet. Please continue with your current quests and you will soon be able to go there."

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 17 (Journeyman Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Diviner)

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
camowiz wrote:
I know right? I was in ds fighting the storm lord, when this level 10 ported in and kept screaming at us to let him do the final hit! When we asked him to leave because he was just making it harder for us he just told us to make him and he kept following! Since he knew one of us irl we couldnt make him go away by switching realms or anything! It was SO ANNOYING

Fiona Starcatcher
Grandmaster Necromancer.

You could have put him on ignore. For the main post, I agree with your ideas. I've never had much problems with it myself, but it could be helpful.

Defender
May 28, 2009
illuminatiee wrote:

I agree and disagree. Some of my friends do ALL the side quests so they go really slow. So i might be in the next world and I need help. So maybe they should make it, so you have to AT LEAST been to the world before it. Also maybe they should make it so they could go to like the commons area of the world. For example somebody in Wizard City could go to Mooshu to buy something from the commons.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I used to have the same problem. I learned quickly to shut off the porting before entering the fight.

If you find you need help during it just press escape and the board will come up allowing you to open the port to allow help to arrive.

No more problems this way.

David Bear

Grand Ice Wizzard

Hero
May 19, 2009
Funny how you just wont turn your teleporter off bc then it stops your high level friends from porting to you. if you dont want your low level FRIENDS to port to then remove them.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
Funny how you just wont turn your teleporter off bc then it stops your high level friends from porting to you. if you dont want your low level FRIENDS to port to then remove them.

That would be a valid argument if not for the fact I have only 3 characters all of which are lvl 50. Plus there is a thing called common courtesy where they should ASK me before they do it just as I always do before porting to someone else plus a low level has no business porting to me when I am in the labrynth or the tree of life etc. If the low levels on my friends list need exp they can quest just like I did and if thier quest is too hard for them they can ask me to help them and the majority of the time I will, and at least with my high level friends I know they wont take off my feint with a lousy 25 damage wand.

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
they are annoying but i havent had many problems with that
plus i hate seeing low lvls with the Savior of the Spiral badge. they didnt get the quest so why should they get it. why would any person want a low lvl to help them beat malistare i the first place? that irritates me

Hero
May 19, 2009
what does having 3 grands have to do with anything? O yeah nothing...
Your the one complaining about hating when YOUR low lv FRIENDS port to you. Well for the rest of the world people are only friends with other people who they actually enjoy being around. So like i said before if you dont like there company delete them.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
although i have had this problem as well, all i do is turn port off. no matter who it is not even a lvl 50 (unless they ask and i look at they profile and i see lvls 40-50) thats when i let people port

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Or like just ignore them.... Umrag already said it. If someones bothering you, just ignore them quickly!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Melissa423771 wrote:
illuminatiee wrote:

I agree and disagree. Some of my friends do ALL the side quests so they go really slow. So i might be in the next world and I need help. So maybe they should make it, so you have to AT LEAST been to the world before it. Also maybe they should make it so they could go to like the commons area of the world. For example somebody in Wizard City could go to Mooshu to buy something from the commons.

What about a button for an exception. In your friends list, add an icon that says, "Ask for Help". Then a message could pop up in the corner with the wizard who needed help's face on it that you can left click to accept and right click to ignore. This would momentarily remove the teleporting restrictions and let them help.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Man, oh man, I can relate to this. I agree with you on both points. Once I was battling some draconians in Dragonspyre and this guy who was level 7 teleported to me. First, another draconian joined, then the guy started firing one lightning bat after the other, taking off all the boosts I'd put on, and yelling how powerful he was with lightning bats doing 450 damage. After this he demanded I put a Stormblade on him so he could keep attacking. I definitely think that there should be something to limit this. Like if there was something when you are in a battle it comes up and says "____ _____ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes and no buttons. On the second point I also agree. My brother has completely stopped doing his quests and now just waits for his grandmaster friends to log on so that he can teleport to them. He always manages to get to them in a battle that gives a badge, so now he's walking around with the badge "Oni Slayer" even though he isn't halfway through Krokotopia. He also thinks he knows more about Dragonspyre than me, even though I have beat Malistaire and he doesn't have access to Marleybone. Though I think there should be a thing on your friends list like: "Allow this player to teleport to you in worlds they do not have access to?" There would be two options: "Yes, allow this player, but do not give them the badges" and "No". I think this since I like to show my friends in real life what I am working on in the game.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Ugh... I agree. I used to be proud to where my hard-earned Savior of the Spiral badge, until I saw a level 11 running around with one. A LEVEL 11! Port control is needed, and I also think that there should be a badge for those who complete every story quest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan Mistwraith, Grandmaster of Life and inventor of the School of Chaos (check post history, I'm not kidding)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
milo10000 wrote:
Man, oh man, I can relate to this. I agree with you on both points. Once I was battling some draconians in Dragonspyre and this guy who was level 7 teleported to me. First, another draconian joined, then the guy started firing one lightning bat after the other, taking off all the boosts I'd put on, and yelling how powerful he was with lightning bats doing 450 damage. After this he demanded I put a Stormblade on him so he could keep attacking. I definitely think that there should be something to limit this. Like if there was something when you are in a battle it comes up and says "____ _____ would like to teleport to you. Will you allow them to teleport?" and yes and no buttons. On the second point I also agree. My brother has completely stopped doing his quests and now just waits for his grandmaster friends to log on so that he can teleport to them. He always manages to get to them in a battle that gives a badge, so now he's walking around with the badge "Oni Slayer" even though he isn't halfway through Krokotopia. He also thinks he knows more about Dragonspyre than me, even though I have beat Malistaire and he doesn't have access to Marleybone. Though I think there should be a thing on your friends list like: "Allow this player to teleport to you in worlds they do not have access to?" There would be two options: "Yes, allow this player, but do not give them the badges" and "No". I think this since I like to show my friends in real life what I am working on in the game.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm

I totally agree with you!!!! They should have a thing where when someone wants to teleport to you even if your not in a battle that it would ask!! Then you could say yes or no.

Scarlet Thundergem
Level 41
Storm Wizard

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I would definately like to see a cap where wizards cannot port to friends in worlds that they don't have access too. However, I'm willing to allow a one world jump limit, but keep the level restriction in GH as they are.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
O my gosh I totally agree. I mean why even play the game? when your just going to port to your grandmaster freinds over and over and OVER AGAIN. I have like 3 lvl 24 friends and all they do is port and then flee? I mean whats the point of that? I didn't mind at first but then I just got worried. Because they just don't do anything but just port. FOR WHAT? SEEING THE HIGHER LVL WORLDS OR SOMETHING? It just makes me think is this person really playing the game. And yes I do wish that there was a yes or no button for can this player port. I mean some of these beginner wizards don't even do quests, which is strange to me. I hope kingsilsle considers this because i have the same issue when my low lvl friends come on.

Jacqueline Winter Flame grandmaster pryomancer

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008

What about a button for an exception. In your friends list, add an icon that says, "Ask for Help". Then a message could pop up in the corner with the wizard who needed help's face on it that you can left click to accept and right click to ignore. This would momentarily remove the teleporting restrictions and let them help.

hey i know that is good

i think you mean what i think that if you need help just hit the butten and it tell all your friends

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
I would definately like to see a cap where wizards cannot port to friends in worlds that they don't have access too. However, I'm willing to allow a one world jump limit, but keep the level restriction in GH as they are.
Yeah Im tired of journeymen diviners in dragonspyre getting flattened making it a 3 vs. 1 + minion

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
illuminatiee wrote:
I have an idea. Get them into a battle, don't help him, wait till he dies. He will get stuck back in the Balistica and won't be able to go through any of the portals.

David StormHunter, Grand Master Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral