Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bugs I've found since Pet Patch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Hope this is the right place...

Since the Pet Patch, I have come across the following bugs/issues in game:

1. Satyr has a broken leg!
When you play a Satyr card, instead of him popping out and amusing everyone with his delightful jig, he instead staggers about ridiculously on his right leg only... prior to doing his back-flip.

2. Bloom gone BOOM!
Since the patch, I have had to turn off the bloom effect in the graphic settings. Due to everything now being so bright that I need to wear sunglasses to keep from squinting at the screen, this feature is no longer viable for me.

3. Pet gender confusion!
I have received several pets as drops that clearly have some gender confusion. For example, my female Boss Banshee was given the name: Prince Elvis. And my male Satyr pet was given the name: Mister Minnie.

4. Boss Banshee is name-tag-less!
My baby Boss Banshee simply refuses to sport her name tag or title tag over her head (like all my other pets do). I tried to put her in time out, but she just screamed at me and ran off to the graveyard. Go figure!

5. Wild Brush invisibility!
The Wild Brush housing plant life item, is virtually invisible. I can hardly even see it at all, except for a few random highlights on leaves. Very WILD!

6. Nature's Wrath doesn't want to leave!
Since the pet update, Nature's Wrath does not want to leave the center battlefield once he has been played, particularly when he is played by the enemy. After throwing his big boulder at his target, now he likes to hang around for a while. He will often stay through the next round of card selections. Maybe he wants to GLARE his opponents into submission?

7. Spirit Armor is static!
If a Spirit Armor shield is placed on a target that has no other revolving shields or traps, then the Spirit Armor shield remains static and does not revolve/rotate around the target as it should. If however, the target has other revolving shields/traps then the Spirit Armor shield will begin to revolve as well.

8. Seraph has Laryngitis!
Oh my! The patch notes said that your were fixing her voice, but now she is so quiet I can barely make out something that vaguely sounds like: “E, I, E, I, O” which I'm certain was not the desire effect.

9. Rebirth is camera shy?
I'm not sure if this is a new issue or not as I only recently (yesterday in fact) received my Rebirth spell. But it appears that Bartleby is rather camera shy as his treetop canopy (birds-eye view) covers the entirety of my screen for the majority of his short animation.

10. AoE spells gone wild!
For the most part I am enjoying the new AoE spell functionality. Not having to choose a target is convenient because you don't have to worry whether or not your chosen target will still be alive when it is your turn. However, is does seem rather odd that even after ALL enemies have been defeated, that meteors should still rain down on an empty battlefield. No?

11. Scald DoT icon goes MIA!
After you have played the Scald spell and the first tick of the DoT has gone off on your target, then the revolving icon around the target's feet just disappears. During the next two rounds, the damage does occur as it should but there is simply no indicator around the target's feet anymore. This can get confusing as players may accidentally place traps and faint spells on the target without realizing that there is already a DoT on it... which would obviously break the trap/faint spell prematurely.

12. Frozen Phoenix!
The Phoenix animation now freezes suddenly after the first flap of his wings, just prior to the camera angle change. It looks rather silly and aesthetically unpleasing. Please thaw out the Phoenix so he can be a fierce fiery feathered foe once more!

That is all I can think of at the moment. I will post again if I remember more.

Thank you!

Hero
May 27, 2009
Very keen observations! However, the gender confusion thing has been around since I began playing a year ago. And Rebirth got screwed up with the last big update when they tried to speed up a lot of the animations. I hate getting a face-full of leaves every time it gets cast. Seraph got her old voice back due to much, much begging from players, so the E, I O Ayuh is her old vocal.

I agree about the Satyr - that poor guy gets no respect. His pet dance is manic, but when he's doing his job, he's been hobbled.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
My fire wizard noticed the same DoT icon bug with her Link spell as well. Both the fire and healing halves work every round as they should, but the spinning icons disappear after the first round.

Delver
May 29, 2009
7. Spirit Armor is static!
If a Spirit Armor shield is placed on a target that has no other revolving shields or traps, then the Spirit Armor shield remains static and does not revolve/rotate around the target as it should. If however, the target has other revolving shields/traps then the Spirit Armor shield will begin to revolve as well.

The Weakness blades also stay stationary when only a single is above the enemy or player's head.

9. Rebirth is camera shy?
I'm not sure if this is a new issue or not as I only recently (yesterday in fact) received my Rebirth spell. But it appears that Bartleby is rather camera shy as his treetop canopy (birds-eye view) covers the entirety of my screen for the majority of his short animation.

My myth wizard just received her Orthrus spell yesterday and you cannot see the effects of the traps and shields disappearing. The only thing I get a glimpse of is Dexter's (my pet's name) behind. Sorry but just like in real life it is not that attractive in-game either.

10. AoE spells gone wild!
For the most part I am enjoying the new AoE spell functionality. Not having to choose a target is convenient because you don't have to worry whether or not your chosen target will still be alive when it is your turn. However, is does seem rather odd that even after ALL enemies have been defeated, that meteors should still rain down on an empty battlefield. No?

If the animations are supposed to be sped up the AoE spells are slowing the battles down. We were fighting in the Briskbreeze Grand tower so all players were using their AoE at the same time. Even though Dragon and Scarecrow killed off the enemies, we still got to watch as Storm Lord and Frost Giant went into action complete with the removal of the blades and charms.

I never did understand why if the battle was over with the defeat of the mobs the wizards had to stay as he took their turn whether they were casting blades on themselves or shields on another. It seems kind of moot and time consuming to go through those motions when the battle is over with and they won't do any good. The mana was already spent once the cards were selected for all players.

How come the damage and health points are glitchy? I cast Regenerate on a wizard and the numbers were all out of whack. She had like 946 health fire attack did 263 her health dipped down to 408 then went back up to 1268. To me, the math doesn't add up.

When I get attacked half the time, I can't see the amount of damage that has been done unless I do some quick subtracting by looking at my health globe.

Please can these be fixed before or during the next updates?

Delver
Aug 14, 2009

12. Frozen Phoenix!
The Phoenix animation now freezes suddenly after the first flap of his wings, just prior to the camera angle change. It looks rather silly and aesthetically unpleasing. Please thaw out the Phoenix so he can be a fierce fiery feathered foe once more!

i have noticed number 12 a lot ever since the new update,