Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do you have to have coins to hatch an egg

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
Do you actully need to pay that hatchmaster guy or do you just need to have enough coins? And WHY do you need coins in the first place? I know I might sound mad right now. My pet inferno cat (Jake) has just become an adult and I was so happy that I would finally hatch an egg. To people who have hatched eggs; How many coins do you need to hatch an egg? Please reply if you have any awnsers or opinions.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
for my three possible hatches they were my tricky dragon my helephant it was about 100,000 gold and for helephant and i forget what it was it was a random pet but it was around 56 thousand and i was really confused but it costs a lot witch means i have to kill malistaire about a 100 more times or i can bye crowns? i am personally fighting malistaire i have farmed him 2 days straight and gotton 18 thousand something

Hero
May 19, 2009
spongy27 wrote:
for my three possible hatches they were my tricky dragon my helephant it was about 100,000 gold and for helephant and i forget what it was it was a random pet but it was around 56 thousand and i was really confused but it costs a lot witch means i have to kill malistaire about a 100 more times or i can bye crowns? i am personally fighting malistaire i have farmed him 2 days straight and gotton 18 thousand something

dont even waste your time with malistair, you can make that same amount in 3 or 4 hours fighting the boss's in plaza of conquests.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Flamion24 wrote:
Do you actully need to pay that hatchmaster guy or do you just need to have enough coins? And WHY do you need coins in the first place? I know I might sound mad right now. My pet inferno cat (Jake) has just become an adult and I was so happy that I would finally hatch an egg. To people who have hatched eggs; How many coins do you need to hatch an egg? Please reply if you have any awnsers or opinions.

I have heard many people say it's 80,000, but I have heard smaller amounts as well. The reason you need to pay (making this up) is that the Hatcher needs to pay for electricity for his machines, right?

Survivor
May 28, 2009
So, the price varies. I wonder how much it would cost if two pets of the same species did a hatch. Can someone tell me?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
My partner and i have just hatched an egg. We crossed a Spiritual Dragon with a Storm Hound and it cost 112,000 gold. They are both crowns pets, with a bloodline in the mid 50's. It seems the better the pets the more gold it costs for an egg :?

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Hey, if you have two adult pets on your own and you "hatch" them, does it still cost you? Just wondering.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Umrag wrote:
Flamion24 wrote:

I have heard many people say it's 80,000, but I have heard smaller amounts as well. The reason you need to pay (making this up) is that the Hatcher needs to pay for electricity for his machines, right?
Makes a little bit of sense with all those people making pets in the hatchery.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Umrag wrote:
Flamion24 wrote:

I'm guessing that you have to pay him for the upkeep on the machinery.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Flamion24 wrote:
Hey, if you have two adult pets on your own and you "hatch" them, does it still cost you? Just wondering.

I believe so, but I don't have two adult pets on any of my wizards.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The lower the pedigree, the cheaper the hatching will be. The higher the pedigree of the pets, the more expensive it will be.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I agree, it's WAY to expensive.

THEY REALLY NEED TO MAKE IT CHEAPER cuzi cant make dat muck very quick and i dont always fell like beating up my teacher malistaire
(again)

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
The reason they have you paying gold for it is so there will not be a huge amount of people just coming in and hatching thousands of pets. I agree it may be a little expensive but they have to keep a balance.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
If you try to breed two of the same kind of pet the price is still detirmined by the pedegree.
Why would you want to breed two of the same pet? If you breed two imps together you get another imp that will learn 4 of the 10 talents and powers imps are able to learn. If you buy an imp egg at the pet shop you get the same thing but cheeper.
It costs alot so that you won't do it often. Not that it matters, we can't trade pets anyway. Who cares if you have ten of the same pet?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Flamion24 wrote:
I haven't hatched an egg yet but I kinda cheated..........

a piggle with a firecat costs 1000 gold.

hope it helps!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
wahlykid wrote:
Flamion24 wrote:
I haven't hatched an egg yet but I kinda cheated..........

hope it helps!

Whoa, who hatches piggles with firecats? I mean, you can buy them at like 300 at the WC pet shop.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
</div>
</blockquote>Flamion24 Do you actully need to pay that hatchmaster guy or do you just need to have enough coins? And WHY do you need coins in the first place? I know I might sound mad right now. My pet inferno cat (Jake) has just become an adult and I was so happy that I would finally hatch an egg. To people who have hatched eggs; How many coins do you need to hatch an egg? Please reply if you have any awnsers or opinions.</div>
</blockquote> I haven't hatched an egg yet but I kinda cheated..........

hope it helps!</div>
</blockquote>
Just 1000???! Are you sure?? Did you do the very same hatch yourself? And how did you cheat?

Survivor
May 25, 2009
i dont get why it cost so much. we did all the work to get to adult. i was so happy my pet made it to adult now i cant hatch cause it cost lots of money. :-(

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
I find that using crowns for hatching would be WAY better. I mean I'm so sick of farming the Raven Coven or whatever in Ravenscar, plus Crowns gets KI more money so I mean I don't see why they don't do that. 1,000 crowns shoot I'm in, 1,500 heck yeah I'm there, 2,000 idk maybe.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Flamion24 wrote:

When I first tried to hatch a pet with someone else, I saw that I only had 3,982 gold. The egg costed somewhere around 30,000 gold. So I got another pet and leveled that one to be adult. I thought you would only have to pay to hatch an egg with someone else. But I was wrong. My blue banshee and my bloodbat would hatch an egg that cost around 20,000 gold. I realized that the less rare or talented your pets are, the less the egg costs. So it has its ups and downs. If you try to make a egg that costs above 50,000 gold, then it's gonna have a lot of talents. So I suggest that you tie it somewhere inbetween. Not too pricey, not too dull. Make it where money meets pets.

Survivor
May 05, 2010
I know this is a game, but view it in real life. You and your friend have 2 dogs you want to breed. Assuming you want it done professionally (2 dogs are easy...and lion and buffalo is not!), you pay a breeder to mate them. If the two dogs are mutts, it will be cheaper to breed. You pay the breeder for time and materials. If you are breeding two prize winning pure breeds, it is going to be more costly due to the high caliber of the two dogs.

Now, in game...the pedigree of the two pets being breed is everything. The better the pets, the more costly it is. You breed a 60 and a 60, the cost is going to be much greater than a 30/30. This is due to the high end possibilities of the pets. If you fail to get a new pet, you still have a 60 pedigree pet to train and hope for new abilities. The combo might breed a 65 new pet also. Therefore, the more powerful the pet, the more costly the breeding fee. Makes perfect sense...otherwise we would have 5000 pedigree 70 pets running around if they cost 10k gold to breed. Where is the fun of that?

I do think, since the breeding costs are so high, that they need to bring back pets on the auction house. Granted, these prices should be inflated to buy the pets and decent, but not profitable, selling of pets to AH.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
i had the same thing happen to me i was so excited finally i had aduld but no i can"t hatch because of the price and i can't farm any people high enough because i am only 35 so yeah i am mad but i do agree with the post before this ;)

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
zebulous wrote:
If you try to breed two of the same kind of pet the price is still detirmined by the pedegree.
Why would you want to breed two of the same pet? If you breed two imps together you get another imp that will learn 4 of the 10 talents and powers imps are able to learn. If you buy an imp egg at the pet shop you get the same thing but cheeper.
It costs alot so that you won't do it often. Not that it matters, we can't trade pets anyway. Who cares if you have ten of the same pet?

Uh, well. 2 Danger Hounds make a Ghost Hound... But they are special pets, imps are common and you will probably just get another imp out of it.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
icelegend2 wrote:
i dont get why it cost so much. we did all the work to get to adult. i was so happy my pet made it to adult now i cant hatch cause it cost lots of money. :(

i agree, its not fair, i was dying to get my pet spike (firezilla) to adult, but the pedigree is high, and i'm starting to think it aint worth it. i sae alot but it seems impossible for a decent price wih firezillas these days, thats probably the reason why people dont post their hatchings with firezillas since they dont have the money to get it hatched. so far i've only seen 2 hatch results with firezillas. :( :?