Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Usless pet talents

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I went to Unicorn Way to see if my teen royal dragon would help me in battle( first time battling since updates came out ). So I pass 3 times to see if my pet will do anything. He does NOTHING. The talent actually does +40 power. How does that help All I can think of is it makes other talents better.

If you are reading this and your pet has or had a useless talent, write about it here.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I think that means that you get an extra 40 damage added to an attack.

If your pet can cast a spell, like lifeblade for example, then that means that they have a chance of casting that spell in battle (when they do it is random though).

I hope I helped some.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
it isnt useless. it increases the cap of ur pet's training bar, be greatful that means it can be better in both derby and stat increasing

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
sbs5000 wrote:
I went to Unicorn Way to see if my teen royal dragon would help me in battle( first time battling since updates came out ). So I pass 3 times to see if my pet will do anything. He does NOTHING. The talent actually does +40 power. How does that help All I can think of is it makes other talents better.

If you are reading this and your pet has or had a useless talent, write about it here.

+40 Power is a GREAT Talent.
It increases the Maximum POWER Stat of the pet, which allows the pet more room for growth, and more Morale in the Derby.

Power effects all 'Boosts' the pet unlocks, and being the most important stat, is the 'hardest' to train, as the ONLY way to train it is through snacks.

That +40 Power could be the difference between Winning and Losing in a derby due to morale fatigue, and can be the difference between a +8% Resist and a +9% Resist.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Lol!

sbs,

Before you complain here about something, do yourself a favor and ask some questions first. A little knowledge can go a long way to resolve some of your frustration.

For starters, you're a bit confused about pets helping in a fight. Very few pets actually CAST spells, and if this is a brand new pet for you I'm positive it won't have this talent yet anyway.

As to this being USELESS, I, too, was less than thrilled when one of my pet talents was increase Agility and Will. Turns out, because of that, the resistance of my pet has gone from 5 percent to 9 percent. Useless? I think NOT!

I don't know exactly HOW your increase in power will manifest itself, but just because it doesn't make your pet cast spells, or because it has no apparent affect on your pet, it does NOT mean it's useless.

Community Leader
Hello,
I thiink the 40% power gives gives you extra boost on your attacks. As I am still figuring this out ,this is my opinion of what this means. My Nephews and myself were in a battle and each time attack hit enemy it zoomed in on my wriath and it boosted that attack.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Is there a list of pet abilities or a FAQ to go by. My unicorn is a teen and would like to know what abilites it has or is it there just to look pretty.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:
The talent actually does +40 power. How does that help

That's a GREAT question. I think you will notice that, although the Wizard101 staff is quick to answer some concerns about the new Pets, they aren't saying ANYTHING about what your pet stats actually affect in game play.

Basically, I think they've "oversold" the Pets. Everyone thought that the new Pet system would be wonderful - because we were told that it would be wonderful. Now we are finding out that it's really not that great. It's really not any better than being able to decorate your house.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
O.k. What I am guessing is it helps YOU, not YOUR PET. And besides, I thought talents are fore battle and powers are for pet derby. My pet has 27 power regularly and has 44 moral in the Pet Derby.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I think that the pet update crushes decorating. Before this I was a level 45 in Dragonspire with golom tower like quests. I have never had more fun on this game! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hero
May 19, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
sbs5000 wrote:
The talent actually does +40 power. How does that help

That's a GREAT question. I think you will notice that, although the Wizard101 staff is quick to answer some concerns about the new Pets, they aren't saying ANYTHING about what your pet stats actually affect in game play.

Basically, I think they've "oversold" the Pets. Everyone thought that the new Pet system would be wonderful - because we were told that it would be wonderful. Now we are finding out that it's really not that great. It's really not any better than being able to decorate your house.

Since the pets came out you've been able to read the descripition of what every attribute does. Not there fought you dont pay any attention to the game whatsoever.