Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I don't know where I would write this but I think i would like to give some feedback about the pets.

I think there needs to be away to train a pet to be more helpful. I do not like the derby and I do not PvP. I only quest. My pet only gains talents does not help me in battle. I would not spend my time leveling a useless pet.

I spent a lot of time, crowns, and energy to level my pet to ancient. It was a grandmaster pet so it helps the same as before but the increase in the attribute such as crafty is pointless to me. It really isn't fun for me to have to do those games with no true pay off. I know have a pet that symbolizes a giant amount of wasted time and money.

I think make it so that a person can select the venue they play in and than the pet will get skills in that way or have it like a menu option where you pick between three or four talents so you can customize your pet more would be extremely helpful.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
atticus987 wrote:
I don't know where I would write this but I think i would like to give some feedback about the pets.

I think there needs to be away to train a pet to be more helpful. I do not like the derby and I do not PvP. I only quest. My pet only gains talents does not help me in battle. I would not spend my time leveling a useless pet.

I spent a lot of time, crowns, and energy to level my pet to ancient. It was a grandmaster pet so it helps the same as before but the increase in the attribute such as crafty is pointless to me. It really isn't fun for me to have to do those games with no true pay off. I know have a pet that symbolizes a giant amount of wasted time and money.

I think make it so that a person can select the venue they play in and than the pet will get skills in that way or have it like a menu option where you pick between three or four talents so you can customize your pet more would be extremely helpful.

Increasing the Maximum amount of a stat changes the maximum amount of boost that can be tied to the stat.

For example, lets use the 'Pip O'Plenty' ability on Grandmaster pets (Pip boost). This is tied to Strength, Intelligence, and Power stats. The higher you get these stats the more boost that can be derived from the pet.

Resistance based stats require you to build Strength, Agility, and Power to increase their powers.

Also, by increasing the max stat, it gives that much more XP you can easily earn instead of grinding away towards Epic on a maxed out pet.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I don't know what Johnist is talking about. I've leveled my pet to Ancient, and maxed his stats. The Pip Boost remains unchanged, as have the other talents. In fact, one of my main complaints about the Pet update is that Wizard101 is being so tight-fisted with the information about EXACTLY how a pet's stats impact the gameplay.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
I don't know what Johnist is talking about. I've leveled my pet to Ancient, and maxed his stats. The Pip Boost remains unchanged, as have the other talents. In fact, one of my main complaints about the Pet update is that Wizard101 is being so tight-fisted with the information about EXACTLY how a pet's stats impact the gameplay.

Johnist is correct. After my first talent for my pet, I got a mana boost...it was around +15 mana. After training the major stats that govern mana (just wand over the stats) and it climbed thereafter, currently in the +50s range.