Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An AFK (Away From Keyboard) Button

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Ok, while I play wizard101 I sometime have to go do chores or other stuff. Well Whenever i'm in battle i have to tell my friends i have to go and log offleaving them with an extra enemy to fight off, or if i don't log off i'm taking up the time of other people in the battle because i can't pass. It would be much, much easier if there was a button or badge we could simply push that it would state "AFK" under our charaters name. Then people would know i'm not there and the button could automatically pass during the battlle. It would also help people without text chat to tell them i'm not there so i wouldn't get reported. If you agree, please share your ideas!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
i agree cuz thats very reasonable. every time i play wizzay 101 my parents always call me to do sumthing and it always says that i logged off do to inactivity

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
taxon101 wrote:
Ok, while I play wizard101 i sometime have to go do chores or go to the bathroom. Well Whenever i'm in battle i have to tell my friends i have to go, log off, and then I get back and have to log back on and it's to much of a pain for me and my friends. It would be much, much easier if there was a button or badge we could simply push that it would state "AFK" under our charaters name. Then they know i'm not there and the button could automatically pass during battlle while in AFK. It would also help people without text chat to tell them i'm not there so i wouldn't get reported. If you agree, please comment!

Yes yes yes yes yes YES lol all i have to say about that....when does it come into use? :D

Hero
May 19, 2009
Survivor
May 01, 2010
My feeling is that if you enter a battle, you should stay to finish it. Granted, there are situations that sometimes come up, but if you KNOW that you'll be leaving in 5 minutes, you shouldn't get into a battle. It's just plain RUDE! I mean, by entering the battle, you call an extra monster. When you leave, your teammates are left with an extra enemy. This is especially annoying if there are only 2 people in the battle and one person leaves. An AFK button doesn't do anything to solve this situation. You have still left your buddies hanging.

Defender
May 09, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
My feeling is that if you enter a battle, you should stay to finish it. Granted, there are situations that sometimes come up, but if you KNOW that you'll be leaving in 5 minutes, you shouldn't get into a battle. It's just plain RUDE! I mean, by entering the battle, you call an extra monster. When you leave, your teammates are left with an extra enemy. This is especially annoying if there are only 2 people in the battle and one person leaves. An AFK button doesn't do anything to solve this situation. You have still left your buddies hanging.

well at least you would atomaticly pass instead of making them wait.

and for the afk button there is somthing very similar on pirates of the carribian but they dont have a turn by turn system.

so yea i think its a great idea because at least people wouldnt have to wait to be able to cast their spells

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
an AFK button would be awesome! but maybe when you use it your turn would work in the same way as the enemies (the game picks what you do) or you could have a preset battle sequence set up for when you use the button.