Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fairy Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
I have had several people ask me about my fairy. Can someone tell me what is so special about them? As you can all see, I am new to the game. So any advice and info on the fairy pet. Would be most grateful and helpful.
Sincerely, Skylez

Delver
May 29, 2009
If it is the Pixie Queen pet that is dropped by Smogger, then it is a special pet. This is because the boss is a "secret boss" and the pet gives a pixie card that can heal other players.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Mine turns out to be a Myth Sprite. Are these any good. And if so what attributes should I be working on?
Sincerely, Skylez

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I got a Pixie Queen pet from Smogger with no card. Does he drop two different types of Pixie Queens? One with a card and one without?

Hero
May 27, 2009
Since all pets have random attributes, your Myth Sprite may or may not be useful to you. Some pets only seem to get attributes that help them in the Pet Derby, some get abilities like casting spells. Until you level up your own particular sprite, you will not know.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Skylez1 wrote:
I have had several people ask me about my fairy. Can someone tell me what is so special about them? As you can all see, I am new to the game. So any advice and info on the fairy pet. Would be most grateful and helpful.
Sincerely, Skylez

Wait a second. Is smogger in katzenstiens lab?! Oh my gosh I want a fairy pet. (I am life) LOL fairy pets are special actually. Even if some don't give cards. But I was wondering does it cost to hatch a pet? I wanted to hatch one with my friend thats why. :-)
Truly yours, Llewella.
----------------------
Level 45 life wizard
Soon to be a grandmaster

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Ah myth sprites, so cute :) I got one as well, just simply tell them you got her from rattlebones, seeing as that is the boss who drops her, and most people get her within a few tries :D

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
camowiz wrote:
Ah myth sprites, so cute :) I got one as well, just simply tell them you got her from rattlebones, seeing as that is the boss who drops her, and most people get her within a few tries :D

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.

Oh my gosh. Thanks for telling me! I want rattlebones to drop her when I get there. :D

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i actually got the myth sprite (on test) from boss in olde town. but yes the pet is super rare

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Yep. Cute pet myth sprites... i got one on my first try. They are rare, but some people think there are ways of getting rare pets from bosses. I would play around with it. Sometimes, when you would rather not play quests right away, its fun to run around farming pets. (Not to mention the fact that its great when you get a rare one. )
Destiny Dayflower
Level 28 Thuergist
Prince Vaden (storm salamander)

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
I have two fairies.

Dark fairy from Lord Nightshade

Myth sprite from Rattlebones

Where do I get a normal sprite?

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Ummmmmm, how do I get the dark fairy??? I already havethe myth sprite but How and where do I get the others???

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Yeah, the fairy pet is rare, especially the retired one with card, it also has extremely good racing stats, my proof if that I own one.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
nikki2hip54 wrote:
Skylez1 wrote:
Sincerely, Skylez

Wait a second. Is smogger in katzenstiens lab?! Oh my gosh I want a fairy pet. (I am life) LOL fairy pets are special actually. Even if some don't give cards. But I was wondering does it cost to hatch a pet? I wanted to hatch one with my friend thats why. :)
Truly yours, Llewella.
----------------------
Level 45 life wizard
Soon to be a grandmaster

Note, he is in Katz's lab, but you need to collect 4 groups of wooden planks to get to him.