Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Treasure Card Creation Ban

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
Now i know this has already been discussed but really, couldn't you, KI have at least compromised and banned treasure cards just SOLELY from PvP. I mean sure i have had my fair sure of losses thanks to wild bolt spammers and etc. You didn't have to go and strictly ban all enchanted treasure cards. Sometimes i use enchanted healing cards for friends in battle sometimes(like some people have already said) and i even sometimes give enchanted treasure cards to my friends and family that play this. But did you really have to go and ban all enchanted treasure cards? Can't you guys at KI compromise on this subject? I knew this was going to happen and it is just a horrible idea. Please KI, do something about this. :(

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
They didn't ban enchanted treasure cards. They just made it untradeable.

It was never meant for enchanted treasure cards to be tradeable and now they're not.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I miss being able to trade enchanted treasure cards too! I have to give my rebirths and centaurs to the beggars, and now it's going to be harder to have a card!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:

It was never meant for enchanted treasure cards to be tradeable and now they're not.

You also made the card not usable in crafting and not sell-able
PVP always was a wast of time. To may ways to cheat and the Items you can get are only good for pvp.

I think this buggy system is sapping the fun out of the game. All of the high level pet snack need enchanted treasure cards. Now you cannot even make then.
If the new area is a bad as the pet area I am giving this game up.
And why did you force the new area on us. All of the bug that were reported By the tester are still there. In fact I thick the are more.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:

i know thats what i meant. i just sort of worded it differently lol.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
wichmann59 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:

You also made the card not usable in crafting and not sell-able
PVP always was a wast of time. To may ways to cheat and the Items you can get are only good for pvp.

I think this buggy system is sapping the fun out of the game. All of the high level pet snack need enchanted treasure cards. Now you cannot even make then.
If the new area is a bad as the pet area I am giving this game up.
And why did you force the new area on us.

First of all enchanted cards could never be used in crafting, secondly you can still make cards you just can't trade them, and last the arena has not been changed at all besides replacing the people with pedistals. Get your facts right.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:

Preacher7719, I'm beginning to think that you work for KingsIsle. As far as I can tell, all of your posts simply restate the official position of the staff. I'm glad that you are supportive, and I'm glad that you enjoy the game. However, the point of a message board is to share opinions, not to spread propaganda.

KingsIsle has claimed that trading enchanted cards was never intended. Ok, so be it. However, I consider it to be a "happy accident". It added flavor to the game. It was nice to make a couple of Earthquakes and trade them to my other account when the Mavra Flamewing quest came along. Your fellow players are merely trying to point out that there were alternative solutions which would have kept PvP in balance but still let the rest of us enjoy this aspect. Open your mind a bit and try to understand other people's feelings.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I don't mind that a wizard cannot trade enchanted cards as said earlier by another this was never KI's intention to have this trade frenzy thats taken place in the game its rather nice to walk through shopping district and not have all those hawkers of wares crowding the main corner, and players begging for cards please that was terrble. Let us not forget the scammers who ripped players off for good cards saying they would buy them a mount for them and skip out after getting cards I always went after thse cons when I saw them trying their cons on kids who want mounts.
However you can still make your own cards this IS true.
Wizards who craft can still make cards and trade them this is also true.
There has been no complete BAN of treasure cards in the game.
thanks for the thread :-)

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
faxbot882 wrote:
I don't mind that a wizard cannot trade enchanted cards as said earlier by another this was never KI's intention to have this trade frenzy thats taken place in the game its rather nice to walk through shopping district and not have all those hawkers of wares crowding the main corner, and players begging for cards please that was terrble. Let us not forget the scammers who ripped players off for good cards saying they would buy them a mount for them and skip out after getting cards I always went after thse cons when I saw them trying their cons on kids who want mounts.
However you can still make your own cards this IS true.
Wizards who craft can still make cards and trade them this is also true.
There has been no complete BAN of treasure cards in the game.
thanks for the thread :-)

Honestly, that scamming part was in fault of the person who really believed that other person would buy them a mount for cards. I mean wow, anyone should be able to tell that that is an immediated scam. Cards at worth NEAR as much as mounts. If people dont wanna be scammed then they should use common sense. Simple as that for the scamming.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
oh my gosh people. give KI a break they r trying to get u celestia and all you do is get mad at them cause of these bugs. and basically we weren't suppossed to be able to trade cards with extra accuracy or strength. i acctually appreciate what they are doing. at least they keep their word!!! just be patient they can only do a little at a time because of the CIRCUMSTANCES. and think about the economy. :x :x its falling by the bit. lay off.