Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting made easy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
first thing is scrap iron
-------------------------------
scrap iron is really hard to find and its used for the mb crafting quest you cant find it any where theres 2 ways craft it by mist wood 15 i think if not try the bazzar theres use ally like 5 there thats how you get scrap iron that is how your easily get scrap iron hope you wont have any trouble
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2nd thing is black lotus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
black lotus is used for ms/ds crafting quest most people think you cant pick it aka harvest but you can in the village of sorrow the last boss there is gives 2 black lotus next to him after you get them switch realms there is one but it gives 2 black lotus so DONT ASK WHY 2 and you can make black lotus go to all the crafting people and look for black lotus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd dimond
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dimond is used in ds crafting quest it is really hard to find i scanned all of ds TWICE and i also talked to all the crafted and scanned the bazzar fast and it turns out i found a repiece that makes dimond it cost 15 ores
i checked the bazzar turns out they have it but it cost 350 and they dont have it that much and 15 times 21 = 321 money so its cheaper and you can find it fast thats how you get dimond btw you can not pick it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope you got no trouble crafting now thats all for now

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Black Lotus was the hardest ingredient I had to harvest - or so I thought.

Then I made it to the Dragonspyre quest. He makes you get Black Pearl for the first quest (which is the RARE drop from Black Lotus).

So, I went out and harvested more black lotus, until I got enough rare drops to finish the first DS crafting quest. I was thrilled. Then, he gave me the second quest, and I nearly threw my computer through a wall. Can ya guess why?

He sent me out to get more pearls. That was six months ago, and I haven't even tried to get more.

So, when you see that "Master Artisan" badge, pay your respects. It's the hardest badge to get in this game. Any fool can walk around with a "Savior of the Spiral". All you have to do is port into the final battle with Malistaire. But Master Artisans are truly dedicated players.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
Black Lotus was the hardest ingredient I had to harvest - or so I thought.

Then I made it to the Dragonspyre quest. He makes you get Black Pearl for the first quest (which is the RARE drop from Black Lotus).

So, I went out and harvested more black lotus, until I got enough rare drops to finish the first DS crafting quest. I was thrilled. Then, he gave me the second quest, and I nearly threw my computer through a wall. Can ya guess why?

He sent me out to get more pearls. That was six months ago, and I haven't even tried to get more.

So, when you see that "Master Artisan" badge, pay your respects. It's the hardest badge to get in this game. Any fool can walk around with a "Savior of the Spiral". All you have to do is port into the final battle with Malistaire. But Master Artisans are truly dedicated players.

So true, but if you see a carousel at someones house you should worship it. To make it you not only need to be master artisan but you also need 35 black pearls, 35 blood moss, 35 springs, 35 grendelweed, 35 fire blosms, and 8 earthquake cards. Plus the recipee costs 40,000 gold.
I have one

As for black lotus it found all of mine in and around the building in the tree of life, there are 8 spawn locations and you average 3 lotuses per run.
Good luck!

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Any one who has a carousel in their yard either lives vicariously through their wizard or just has no friends. Either way, or else way, that darn thing is almost impossible to fathom.

The new Grizzle house will be awesome but how many people are actually going to be able to do it? And i am talking time wise. Maybe take a year to complete and by then a person can reasonably have more than four grand masters.

And i think thats what turns a lot of people off with crafting is that it is so very hard to do almost anything. I can see why the spell quests to get to be master artisan would be hard but really why should casual crafting for housing items be so darn difficult? And all the good stuff require tons of black pearls. My fingers are numb probably permanently from looking for black pearls and black lotus to transmute to them. Searching for black pearls in my sleep is second only to seeing "I got boss".
Crafting should be challenging sure but a lot of the stuff and especially the most interesting stuff shouldnt require three grandmaster times of finishing the product. The hardest item shouldn't take more than granding up to complete and not dedicatedly so.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
I completely agree with the above posts. I thought the scrap iron was a pain until I needed the black pearls. I hadn't even looked at my DS crafting quest for 2 months until recently, when I picked up some black lotus while farming Youkai. I thought I'd check to see if I had nearly enough to make some pearls.... LOL silly me...