Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes in NPC mobs during fights

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
I wanted to mention a few things i have noticed during the last few weeks and specifically during my recent run through Big Ben. None of it is good. These changes i have noticed seem to start in marleybone and onward.

1. Mobs always go first. if i am lucky i may get to go first 1 in 20 fights. In the 10 fights in Big Ben i didn't get to go first once.

2. Mobs rarely fizzle no matter what their school. I'd have to say its around 10% or less. Throughout the entire dungeon of Big Ben, i counted 5 total fizzles for the mobs.

3. They have an endless supply of shields, traps, weaknesses, and swords and always time them perfectly. My minions and henchmen are near useless compared the mobs abilities. And most minions Are useless.

4. Mobs pull spells from every school and mutate them at will, no matter what school they specialize in. Almost impossible to try to defend against.

5. My henchmen rarely can pull aggro no matter how long i sit out a fight or how many taunts get thrown at them. As a storm wizard i depend on the occasional break in the fight to survive.

All this adds up to a great deal of frustration and little to no fun when doing long dungeons with few breaks or just running around questing. This mainly deals with solo fighting but during marleybone and onward that is what the game is. Find a group in dragonspyre is rarer than a mob fizzling.
Even with henchmen i died once and had to refill my potions while in BB.
I never got a break from damage and the mobs seem to have an answer for everything i did. Now, i like a challenge to make the game interesting but always playing second fiddle to the mobs every fight is frustrating and steals most of the fun from the game . This seems to be a recent phenomenon because i never noticed this with my death wizard. If anyone else has noticed this please respond. Or maybe i have been playing to much and just need a break. Because the way it stands right now, the game has lost its fun for me and now is just a grind.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Thank you so much for this post. I agree completely. I have noticed this since the new pet testing and update. It has made the game horribly frustrating and I am at a point where I am no longer enjoying this game. I hope this gets fixed soon or I will be canceling my accounts. I play this game for a lighthearted escape with my kids after a hard day/week at work. I don't play this game to be eternally frustrated and aggravated.