Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Cost Estimates?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Is there a means by which I can know how much a particular hatching might cost, prior to actually having the gold? I have not been able to find one.

When I try to hatch a pet I get the message "You only have (insert pitiful amount of gold here)." While this is useful to know, it does not let me know how much gold I need. As a result I do not know if I am 2g or 200,000g away. Perhaps you could add something to the effect of:

"You only have (insert pitiful amount of gold here). To hatch these pets that you have laboriously matured through mind numbing mini games, you will require (insert ridiculously exorbitant amount of gold here)."

You know... so I can balance my activities meaningfully between mind numbing pet games and gold farming.

Thank you for your consideration.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Naktl wrote:
Is there a means by which I can know how much a particular hatching might cost, prior to actually having the gold? I have not been able to find one.

When I try to hatch a pet I get the message "You only have (insert pitiful amount of gold here)." While this is useful to know, it does not let me know how much gold I need. As a result I do not know if I am 2g or 200,000g away. Perhaps you could add something to the effect of:

"You only have (insert pitiful amount of gold here). To hatch these pets that you have laboriously matured through mind numbing mini games, you will require (insert ridiculously exorbitant amount of gold here)."

You know... so I can balance my activities meaningfully between mind numbing pet games and gold farming.

Thank you for your consideration.

lol

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
ROFL! Funny but true.

Oh, uh... the price required is listed in the bottom left. At least on my screen it is. The bottom center (in bold yellow) lists the pitiful amount I have. lol And the bottom left (in non-bolded black) lists the cost.

Deffinently should have been the other way around.

Not that it matters pet hatching is way to much to do it as it is. If you are interested in mixing stats and looks from different pets it could take dozens of hatchings to get a desirable pet. At 50k-100k each, the thought of doing so is just laughable. Not even counting the time raising each one 'hoping' it will manifest the desired talents even if you did hatch it into them.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Hmmm.... what screen are you looking at where you see an estimated price? I cannot find it in the hatchery or hatching process anywhere, or on the pet screens or menus.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
A rough estimate I found is: (Pet 1 pedigree+Pet 2 pedigree/2) x 1600

It's not the most accurate esimation, but it kinda works.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
A rough estimate I found is: (Pet 1 pedigree+Pet 2 pedigree/2) x 1600

It's not the most accurate estimation, but it kinda works.

It will go up as your pet ages - I have a firezilla that was 85K at adult to breed that is now 95K at ancient.

I've gotten a screen with a hatch cost, and a screen without. I suspect it might be an intermittent issue, similar to what's going on with the cannons.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Runebane wrote:
ROFL! Funny but true.

Oh, uh... the price required is listed in the bottom left. At least on my screen it is. The bottom center (in bold yellow) lists the pitiful amount I have. lol And the bottom left (in non-bolded black) lists the cost.

Deffinently should have been the other way around.

Not that it matters pet hatching is way to much to do it as it is. If you are interested in mixing stats and looks from different pets it could take dozens of hatchings to get a desirable pet. At 50k-100k each, the thought of doing so is just laughable. Not even counting the time raising each one 'hoping' it will manifest the desired talents even if you did hatch it into them.

PLEASE READ THIS!

What is said above is true for ONLY the screen where you HAVE ENOUGH gold BUT NOT for the horrendous amount of gold most of us have screen.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
If the cost is so huge, then maybe they didn't want us to hatch pets. So why put them in there? There are only 24 hours in a day. So how do I grow my pet, find almost non-existent items such as black pearls, earn gold to hatch a pet, and still have time to play the game? Maybe I can get someone to go to work for me and do my laundry so I will have extra time.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
JStormWalker wrote:
If the cost is so huge, then maybe they didn't want us to hatch pets. So why put them in there? There are only 24 hours in a day. So how do I grow my pet, find almost non-existent items such as black pearls, earn gold to hatch a pet, and still have time to play the game? Maybe I can get someone to go to work for me and do my laundry so I will have extra time.

First: you can only play so many mini games for your pet until its energy runs out. Then you can farm black lotus plants to transmute them into pearls for about an hour. Then concentrate on your quests to continue your growth as a wizard.