Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to summon a minion?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
I did my quest for school at level 18 and at the end this card came up "summon a minion" only the card is not in my book and I cant figure out any other way I could summon one??

Help!

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
Are you sure the spell is not in yoru book?

Might it have been a treasure card award, instead of a laerned spell?

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
When I finished the quest a minion card flashed up on the screen and said it got put in my spell book....BUT ITS NOT THERE!

HELP! I want my minion...even if I have no clue how to use it!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Cynical wrote:
I did my quest for school at level 18 and at the end this card came up "summon a minion" only the card is not in my book and I cant figure out any other way I could summon one??

Help!

Okay, as a fellow Myth Wizard, this concerns me greatly.

Has this situation been cleared up? I happen to have three different kinds of Minions in my Deck, and have had no problems with them.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Administrator
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest. (this is from memory, please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 7, 18 and 38

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest. (this is from memory, please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 7, 18 and 38

You forgot the Living Puppet all Myth Wizards get at Level 1 ... heh ...

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Zarrak wrote:
I'm a Storm wizard.Could I summon a minion?????

8)
Like the Professor said, we all get one or more eventually; and if you save your Gold, you can get Gear that gives you Minion Spells!

The "Animated Tri-Fold" in Wizard City gives you a Death Minion; and there are a pairs of Boots (I think boots, anyway) in Krokotopia which give a Troll Minion. The Troll Minion all Myth Wizards get max out at 3 Pips; but the one from the Krok-Item can go up to 4 Pips. The Death Minion can go up to 6 Pips. And the more Pips you use, the tougher the Minion you get, and the more powerful the Spells they use ....

You welcome ...
8)

Administrator
NeoStar wrote:

I KNEW I was forgetting one of them, my apologies to the Myth students.
Thank you!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I am a level 30 ice. However, I did not get a minion at level 28 or offer to get a minion. Any suggestions as to why?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
LawUmp1 wrote:
I am a level 30 ice. However, I did not get a minion at level 28 or offer to get a minion. Any suggestions as to why?

Hi, at level 28 you should receive the quest from Professor Greyrose to learn a summoning minion spell. Most ice wizards are unable to gain access to the necessary area (in Marleybone) in order to complete the quest until about level 30.

If you are indeed at level 30 and don't have the quest yet, pay Professor Greyrose a visit in Ravenwood. You may find it was just a slip of the mind in all of the daily, magical excitement. :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Hi, at level 28 you should receive the quest from Professor Greyrose to learn a summoning minion spell. Most ice wizards are unable to gain access to the necessary area (in Marleybone) in order to complete the quest until about level 30.

If you are indeed at level 30 and don't have the quest yet, pay Professor Greyrose a visit in Ravenwood. You may find it was just a slip of the mind in all of the daily, magical excitement. :) Revisited Prof. Greyros. No new quest, and only training is that Balefrost available at level 33. I du have acces to minion room down stairs behind Marleybone Mayor, but no minion to train

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
NeoStar wrote:

That's a reward for the Enrollment quest, which cannot be started until level 2.

Most of the level 28 class quests require a player to do something in Chelsea Court in Marleybone, which a level 28 character would not have access to yet unless he skipped a lot. It's kind of like how most level 18 quests require a player to do something in the Krokosphinx area, even though he won't get access to there for a couple more levels. It's annoying that the class quests do that.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
LawUmp1 wrote:
Revisited Prof. Greyros. No new quest, and only training is that Balefrost available at level 33. I du have acces to minion room down stairs behind Marleybone Mayor, but no minion to train

Hmm, tt's possible though that this spell is not triggered solely by your level.

Perhaps there is an old school quest that has yet gone unfinished?

Have you finished all of the main storyline quests up through those in Hyde Park (or maybe even Chelsea Court) of Marleybone?

If your primary school is ice and you still have not received the minion summoning spell quest from Professor Greyrose by level 30, you may need to report this as a bug.

Good luck, my fellow thaumaturge! I would love to hear when you find a solution! :D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
In the level 28 ice quest line, the first quest is Gathering Information, from Lydia Greyrose. That leads to The Chest Awaits, which sends you to Chelsea Court in Marleybone. That one doesn't give a card, so it's presumably not the end of the line, and I haven't finished the quest line.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I went back and did the quest again. This time after completing the chest quest, Greyrose summoned me and gave me a minoion. I guess it just did not trigger after I completed it the first time. Thanks.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
Cynical wrote:

Help!

Has this situation been cleared up? I happen to have three different kinds of Minions in my Deck, and have had no problems with them.

oKay...just to set the record straight:

With help from the very nice people at KingsIsle, it was discovered that one of the "sprite" cards in my deck was actually a "sprite guardian" card which was AH HA my minion.

LOL...seems like ages ago all that happened.

So if you are reading this....and can't figure out where your minion is... look through your cards very carefully.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Cynical wrote:
NeoStar wrote:
Cynical wrote:

Help!

With help from the very nice people at KingsIsle, it was discovered that one of the "sprite" cards in my deck was actually a "sprite guardian" card which was AH HA my minion.

So if you are reading this....and can't figure out where your minion is... look through your cards very carefully.

I can relate with the "lost Minions"; I'm a Myth Wizard, and have three of them, plus a small book of "Minion Only" Spells! Half my Deck anymore is aimed at (or takes advantage of ) my growing Army of Minions! And I'm not far off from my next (and thankfully, final) Minion, the Minotaur...

Not finding Minion Spells is no issue with me; Sometimes, its finding something BESIDES a Minion or Minion-related Spell... !

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
So before we can get the ice minion we have to be high enough to go marleybone .... what part of oaisis make it where you get access there?

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
Zarrak wrote:
I'm a Storm wizard.Could I summon a minion?????

8)
Like the Professor said, we all get one or more eventually; and if you save your Gold, you can get Gear that gives you Minion Spells!

The "Animated Tri-Fold" in Wizard City gives you a Death Minion; and there are a pairs of Boots (I think boots, anyway) in Krokotopia which give a Troll Minion. The Troll Minion all Myth Wizards get max out at 3 Pips; but the one from the Krok-Item can go up to 4 Pips. The Death Minion can go up to 6 Pips. And the more Pips you use, the tougher the Minion you get, and the more powerful the Spells they use ....

You welcome ...
8)

Where do you get the Aniimated tri-fold in wizard city? A store?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I am a myth student and i got pased level 34 and i have 5 minion spells

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
LawUmp1 wrote:
Speaking of ice minions can us ice people have a cooler one?

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Cynical wrote:

Help!

as a fellow storm student i think u should check all your cards and if its not there then u have to wait till ur lvl 19 8)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Jaqen wrote:
So before we can get the ice minion we have to be high enough to go marleybone .... what part of oaisis make it where you get access there?

well you know the world tele door well once you beat krokopetra
you get accese to marleybone through that door

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
Cynical wrote:
NeoStar wrote:
Cynical wrote:

Help!

I can relate with the "lost Minions"; I'm a Myth Wizard, and have three of them, plus a small book of "Minion Only" Spells! Half my Deck anymore is aimed at (or takes advantage of ) my growing Army of Minions! And I'm not far off from my next (and thankfully, final) Minion, the Minotaur...

Not finding Minion Spells is no issue with me; Sometimes, its finding something BESIDES a Minion or Minion-related Spell... !

Be Forewarned, only 1 minion per player can be cast as any given time, if you have one up, don't cast another it will take away the first one.