Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two questions

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I can't seem to find the answer to these in the help, so either I overlooked them, or they aren't there.

1) Some pets have the 'fist' (damage) to the right of their names, and some don't. Does this mean it has an ability to be in a player combat?

2) When looking at the crafting slots, a new one has appeared. The normal ones have a 'crafting table symbol', the new one has a 'pet' symbol. It cannot be used to craft pet snacks as normal slots can. It doesn't seem to be the right place for 'birthing' pets, so..... Does anyone know what this 'Crafting' slot does?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
1) Yes, in order for a pet to cast a spell, it has to have the ability.

2) That new slot is for snack crafting. I have crafted quite a few Ambros Cereal from it ( One of my pets love it)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
That last slot (with the piggle icon) isn't for snacks. I have three slots plus that one, and those three 'fill' with the snacks as I craft them. The bottom slot is never filled. Must be for something else.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
I believe that slot is for the cool down time when hatching pets, i think they said the cool down time was 1 day each if i remember right.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The newly added crafting spot is for hatching a pet. You can only hatch a pet every 24 hours.

The fist by the name of the pet is the one you currently have equipped.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Nope. I'm currently waiting for a pet to hatch and that spot is listed as "Available." So it's not pets, or there's a bug. x shrug x