Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bosses too hard?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
I am a level 8 myth wizard and realized something. Most bosses you are expected to defeat at a low level (such as in cyclops lane and firecat alley) are really too hard to fight alone at a lower level. It took me four tries to defeat the main boss in cyclops lane and eight to defeat the one in firecat alley!!! Who else is experinceing this difficulty?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mandyfaye21 wrote:
I am a level 8 myth wizard and realized something. Most bosses you are expected to defeat at a low level (such as in cyclops lane and firecat alley) are really too hard to fight alone at a lower level. It took me four tries to defeat the main boss in cyclops lane and eight to defeat the one in firecat alley!!! Who else is experinceing this difficulty?

I thought so also when I was inexperienced as a player, but now, with a lot of training in how to carry out the battles, they seem too easy.

Hints:
1) Craft your deck for the boss you are fighting...nothing extra.
2) Heals are not 'extra' but necessary.
3) Use wand spells, but first use blades and/or traps to boost the higher pip spells.
4) I have found that at your level, death is a great secondary for the ghoul spell.
5) take out the weaker foe first. Both do about the same amount of damage per pip, but once you get rid of one, you will have a much better time.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
Well then just ask a friend to help lol. And if it wasn't hard then it wouldn't be very fun :P. But if you ask a friend or someone to help it is really easy. Just wait till you get to a higher level and half to fight bosses with 5000-10 000 health :P

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
I understand that they are easier now. I am very experienced by the way. I have been playing since August 2008. It is hard at my level not to me personally. What I'm saying is that they need to move those bosses up until your at least leave 10 or 11 not level 6!!!!

Hero
May 19, 2009
Yes just ask people to help you, the boss fights become a lot easier with 2, or 3 friends supporting you.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I also had a lot of trouble with my first wizards. I always choose "life" as my secondary school for the extra heal spells. :)

On three later wizards, I have had no problem doing all the bosses solo. You just learn how to do battle, use shields or traps.

A lot of information is here in this forum. I kept this up so I could switch out of my game to the forum and do a search.