Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One of the glitchiest updates ever?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
My sister and I have played Wizard101 for a long time now - since Halloween 2008. We have never had extreme problems with the game... until the new pet additions.

My game has never, ever taken this long to load up since PvP was added. It took nearly an hour this time. Still, we went along with it, knowing that there were many new things to update. It was a disappointment to log on to the game. It was incredibly laggy, continually freezing up for short periods of time. We couldn't even play the game with any other browsers opened, or it would be too slow.

Not only that: the new pet games, quite frankly, aren't even the best. They're fun, but there should be more ways to earn pet experience and energy. The amount of energy it takes to play the games is too high, considering the length of time it takes to earn the energy back.

Still, that's beside the point. Our computer is running at an all-time low, now. It has NEVER been this slow before, and now I'm suspecting it could all be because of the update. If this continues, we may resort to uninstalling Wizard101 and having to load it up again.

What are some of the problems in-game? Well, very often the pet derbies do not work. The game either freezes up or we get stuck in this very odd spot in the ground, unable to see anything or use any abilities. Then, when we get out of the game, none of the NPC's or characters load up properly, and they are either totally red in color or just don't show up at all, INCLUDING our own characters. Sometimes changing pets fixes this; sometimes it doesn't.

I am posting this message now because my sister just now encountered the worst glitch of all time. She set out to Unicorn Way to fight Lady Blackope for a statue. When she was done, she went back outside to try again... except there were black glitchy strips of building blocking her vision. She peeked though one of the cracks of black and saw that Lady Blackope's building didn't have any walls, only doors and windows. My sister was unable to log off or exit the area so she ended up pressing the power button.

Please fix some of these bugs. Nothing has ever been this bad before. Has anyone else seen anything like this, or is it our computer? Our secondary computer, the one I am using to type this, still has glitches in the game, but they are not as frequent or nearly as bad. That's why I'm wondering if we will HAVE to uninstall Wizard101.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Ugh... I have not been able to play at all since the release of the new pets project. No matter which wizard I use, I try to go from one place to another and the computer completely shuts down to an error page and I have to do a hard reboot. I've even gone so far as to buy a new computer. I hope it will work when I get it or I will have spent $1200 for nothing.

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
My sister and I have played Wizard101 for a long time now - since Halloween 2008. We have never had extreme problems with the game... until the new pet additions.

My game has never, ever taken this long to load up since PvP was added. It took nearly an hour this time. Still, we went along with it, knowing that there were many new things to update. It was a disappointment to log on to the game. It was incredibly laggy, continually freezing up for short periods of time. We couldn't even play the game with any other browsers opened, or it would be too slow.

Not only that: the new pet games, quite frankly, aren't even the best. They're fun, but there should be more ways to earn pet experience and energy. The amount of energy it takes to play the games is too high, considering the length of time it takes to earn the energy back.

Still, that's beside the point. Our computer is running at an all-time low, now. It has NEVER been this slow before, and now I'm suspecting it could all be because of the update. If this continues, we may resort to uninstalling Wizard101 and having to load it up again.

What are some of the problems in-game? Well, very often the pet derbies do not work. The game either freezes up or we get stuck in this very odd spot in the ground, unable to see anything or use any abilities. Then, when we get out of the game, none of the NPC's or characters load up properly, and they are either totally red in color or just don't show up at all, INCLUDING our own characters. Sometimes changing pets fixes this; sometimes it doesn't.

I am posting this message now because my sister just now encountered the worst glitch of all time. She set out to Unicorn Way to fight Lady Blackope for a statue. When she was done, she went back outside to try again... except there were black glitchy strips of building blocking her vision. She peeked though one of the cracks of black and saw that Lady Blackope's building didn't have any walls, only doors and windows. My sister was unable to log off or exit the area so she ended up pressing the power button.

Please fix some of these bugs. Nothing has ever been this bad before. Has anyone else seen anything like this, or is it our computer? Our secondary computer, the one I am using to type this, still has glitches in the game, but they are not as frequent or nearly as bad. That's why I'm wondering if we will HAVE to uninstall Wizard101.

All of this has happened to me too! PLEASE HELP!
Thanks.

Hero
May 19, 2009
LadyJo wrote:
Ugh... I have not been able to play at all since the release of the new pets project. No matter which wizard I use, I try to go from one place to another and the computer completely shuts down to an error page and I have to do a hard reboot. I've even gone so far as to buy a new computer. I hope it will work when I get it or I will have spent $1200 for nothing.

OMG buying a $1200 computer just to play wizard101...... need i say more

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
after pet update Wizard101 take 100% of processor
and still don't have enough
extrem lag its to small word on such i have now
thinking about delete all game and go back to WoW, or Lineage2
those game takes only half of mine computer potencial
wizard101 takes all, and still i cannot play

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Windlilly wrote:
My sister was unable to log off or exit the area so she ended up pressing the power button.

That time consuming process of rebooting can be avoided by hitting ctrl+alt+delete keys and use the task manager to shut off or "kill" WizardGraphicalClient.exe

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Or to get your desktop screen back hit the Windows key that is in between the ctrl key and the alt key.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
LadyJo wrote:

i cant log in at all since the new update.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
every single time i try to move my game instantly freezes and i ont think i can win without moving so kingsile plz fix this

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
feel lucky at least you can log in my husband and i cant even do that and have not been able to since the day after pets went live and every time i e-mail support it takes them over a day to get back to me (i get that they are busy but come on this is getting rediculous) to give me instructions to do things i have already done.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2009
I've been playing for at least six monthes now and have never had the game crash on me until the Pet Update. My computer is new and the game ran great even at the highest graphic settings. Now the game crashes on a regural basis even with the graphic settings set to Low.

I have also notices several things in the game that used to work correctly and now do not.