Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stiching wands... why not?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 11, 2009
ive seen it talked about before, and i really wish that it would happen.

and it does not seem to be the most unreasonable request. you could just take the same method used to stitch clothes and apply it to wands. i know its a little unrealistic, lol, but since when has wizard101 cared about realism? i know its been asked for before with no result... but i really dont see why it couldnt happen.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
It would be a little unrealistic, but maybe it's isnt such a good idea. Then, your wand would have more than one attack and would end up very confusing.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i would not call it stitching
exchange?
i dunno thats just off the top of my head
or fusion

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
mandyfaye21 wrote:
It would be a little unrealistic, but maybe it's isnt such a good idea. Then, your wand would have more than one attack and would end up very confusing.

you wouldnt have mutiple attacks, just the appearence of one and the abilities of another fuzed. and tchecnosmagician love the idea for the name of the process.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I beleive a blacksmith-type crafter that can take two different wands and change them into one special wand is a great idea. I am Myth and my 100 pt damage wand looks kind of like a big, gnarly meat cleaver, and i like to use my other Myth wand that looks like a large warhammer because of the special effects trailing off the head of the wand that looks like sparkling Myth symbols but it only does 90 pts. of damage. I would love to combine the two to look like the warhammer but be able to deal 100 pts. of damage with it.
How about it KingsIsle?

Hero
May 19, 2009
^how would it have multiple attacks? i guess you guys have never stiched before? i would like to exchnge my stats from my 100 damage swords to one of the mooshu blades, the ds blades are kinda lame.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
combining two wands into one, like pet hatching, does not seem a great idea to me. Being able to put the stats of one wand into the appearance of another wand seems a fabulous idea.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Naktl wrote:
combining two wands into one, like pet hatching, does not seem a great idea to me. Being able to put the stats of one wand into the appearance of another wand seems a fabulous idea.

nowhere has it said combining two wands into one, what is with all you people, dont know how to read or what?

Survivor
May 01, 2010

That is a quote from earlier in the thread. two things were being talked about. I addressed them both. Perhaps you should read more carefully yourself?

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Well i dont know.

Part of me REALLY likes this.

And part of me dissagrees.

I like the idea of upper lvls having the swords all to themselfs. It makes us unique in a way, and it will encourage other wizards to keep lvling up

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I've posted many times about this. It is a good idea. I have a staff for my balance that does 70 right now. I would like to keep it so when my balance character reaches 50 that same staff can do 90 or 95...the same as any level 50 staff. I dont want a different staff that does 90 damage.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Naktl wrote:

That is a quote from earlier in the thread. two things were being talked about. I addressed them both. Perhaps you should read more carefully yourself?

what so your more then one person, i said people. and it was pretty clear who it was directed at, everyone who kept posting that the swords would have 2 sets of stats.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
ive seen it talked about before, and i really wish that it would happen.

and it does not seem to be the most unreasonable request. you could just take the same method used to stitch clothes and apply it to wands. i know its a little unrealistic, lol, but since when has wizard101 cared about realism? i know its been asked for before with no result... but i really dont see why it couldnt happen.

Popman,

I have seen this discussed elsewhere. I too would like to see this. I have some wands that look really good and complement my outfit well, but they are next to worthless stats wise. I would like to apply the same "stitching" concept to wands.

I believe in other posts, people mentioned having a "blacksmith", however, after a little research, I don't believe this is the best term.

These are magic wands. The process by which a twig becomes a wand is complex, but ultimately ends up with the wandmaker enchanting the wand. So there would need to be an NPC in the Spiral who can take enchantments from one wand and transfer that magical power to the other wand.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 17 (Journeyman Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Diviner)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Historian
May 15, 2009
based on everything that has said i can create a summary

the "stitching" of wands

Many players who have wanted to be able to take the stat of one sword and give it to another wand or staff the previous stat for that sword and staff will be removed as well as the old wand staff sword etc etc etc
this new wand would be the only one left of the two and would be placed back into your pack

now it would not be called stitching it would be called...fusion
in order to fuse the look and ability of 2 wands together you would have to visit the wandmaker who is located in the olde town area
fusion of abilities to new wands will cost 2,000 gold ( a reasonable price)

if any1 has an issue with the summary let me know and we can fix according to see if it will fit with what player want

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I like the way my characters throw the staffs around. The whole jumping thing with the sword....I will stick to being a wizard with a wand or staff. I had swords but got rid of them.
My death has the terminus staff....just fits my character. It does 100 damage, which is good for me. That death sword that does 110 damage...would rather be able to transfer that power into my staff.
To be able to transfer damage power from a sword/staff/wand into whatever you like(sword,staff,etc) would be really cool. A lot of people like changing outfits. For what ever reason, they look good, the stats they have. The same should go for wands,staffs,swords.
And if you like having a sword...you can. Everyone is entitled to an opinion here. that what makes this game so great.
Happy questing!!

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Well i dont know.

Part of me REALLY likes this.

And part of me dissagrees.

I like the idea of upper lvls having the swords all to themselfs. It makes us unique in a way, and it will encourage other wizards to keep lvling up

If your character is at level 35 ok he/she cant get a wand, staff or sword that is level 45.
If their is a staff at level 35 that would go great with your outfit and does less damage than the staff you have now. You can transfer the power from the staff you have into the one that looks good with your outfit :)
Same idea as you would with outfits with different stats.
I with I could transfer the level 50 death sword into my terminus staff. I dont like using swords. the fire school staff does 100 right? Why cant my death staff do 100...and other schools as well. When you reach level 50 the option of having a staff that does 100 damage or a sword should be an option. I'm a wizard with a staff...I am not a wizard/warrior with a sword. To their own opinion. So you see...you should listen to yourself. The self that likes the idea :)