Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bugs, Glitches, and such

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Ok, let me first say that Wiz101 is one of my favorite games. I'm addicted to just about every thing the game has to offer.

With that said.... has the Test realm been brought over to the Live side???

And before anyone says anything, yes i turned down all my visual settings to the minimum.

Combat is glitchy - Spells have been skipped in PvP, same as if i passed.
- The constant blinking effect is super annoying
- Jade oni loves to attack with White Blocks

Interface is slow - every time i check another wizards stats, my screen freezes
- realms either Crowded or Perfect, both seem to have some tremendous lag
- Invisable walls in the Gorge in DS. ( i actually find that funny)

These are just some of the things I have noticed just recently. Not to seem like a rant, but can someone pls address the Live game? I can appreciate all the hard work put into the current Pet update, but I feel that the game as a whole was better off before it.

Oran Stormcloud - Grandmaster Fire
Corwin Starwielder - Grandmaster Balance
Tyler Skyhammer - Grandmaster Storm

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Yes, the test realm went live this week. Many of the graphics/audio effects were also changed or updated. And new spells too (see witch in Colosus).

That being said, I haven't had any of the problems you discussed. Other than a few graphic glitches (disappearing wolves, no diamond on the fire spell over time spells) the changes have generally been for the better.

Except for that werid block-spell thing. I have seen that and don't get it at all. Not sure if that is an error or an intentional lets-be-really-hip-and-modern weird graphic!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Yes I have to agree. The game was perfect before the pet thing ...
for one the crown issue.. it seems to me that wizard 101 would want to set good examples for the kids (which yes they are in most ways ) but teaching them that haveing crowns (money) makes you better then anybody that doesnt. Yes i have bought crowns and probably still will it just seems that it takes so much . we should at least have the choice to use crowns or gold.

The computer issue is awful. my husband and i are addicted to this game and we enjoy playing together . everyday (and night)but he uses a laptop (not a cheap one ) and he cant even get to the pavillion without freezing or crashes . we set the settings like you said but nothing. I am worried that when the new world comes to the spiral he wont be ablel to play at all without buying a new computer (the money thing again). so with that being said I will always Love and recomend this game to anyone.
Monica Sandust
GM Life

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I've seen the squares as well while battling the Jade Oni. He hit my with his sword, and all I saw were huge white squares, and my kids brought out a Helpful Mander' minion and he cast the give pips spell, all I saw under the big pip were small white squares.
I assume it has to do with the new particle adjuster in the graphics setup screen, but it doesn't seem to work too well. Mine was set to the center, its now all the way up, but I saw no difference.

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
um i am a lvl 29 fire wizard i have gotten the pet sergeant rank yet it wont let me buy the boar this is kinda getting annoying as it looks cool but i sSTILL cant get it also i would like to know if you could put in a balancing program for ranked pvp i keep getting grandmasters and really strong low lvls with REALLY good equipment

Survivor
May 08, 2010
I completely understand, is this a problem that will be fixed soon? I like the changes, though it seems like it will take forever to level up our pets.

All of the sudden my area of what ever world turns to a big blocky screen that doesn't let me see anything and I seem to be doing the herky-jerky alot.

Help

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I keep crashing and have to do a hard reboot. I have not been able to play even since the pets came to town. I'm going to try again today. I've already ordered a new computer because this one is kinda old but WOW is starting to look compelling... just say'n...

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
hey my quest tracker is not working can you all help me please :? :( 8)

Survivor
May 30, 2009
There is a problem in the commons and ravenwood. In the commons at the place when you are somewhere in wizard city and you want to port back to the commons there is a weird yellow thing. In ravenwood when you enter there from the commons or the spiral chamber half of the place is black and it makes me afraid to go there. Another problem is with quest helper. I am doing the quest where you defeat walking dead and collect dark souls in mooshu. When i turn the game on i cant see the quest or the arrow. When i turn quest helper off i see the the quest but the arrow isnt working right. When i move the number doesnt go higher or lower and it isnt pointing in the right direction. It is so annoying.

Amber RubyHeart lvl 38
Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
May 05, 2010
videogame17x wrote:
hey my quest tracker is not working can you all help me please :? :( 8)
did you turn it on?

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
hattiemeow2000 wrote:
There is a problem in the commons and ravenwood. In the commons at the place when you are somewhere in wizard city and you want to port back to the commons there is a weird yellow thing. In ravenwood when you enter there from the commons or the spiral chamber half of the place is black and it makes me afraid to go there. Another problem is with quest helper. I am doing the quest where you defeat walking dead and collect dark souls in mooshu. When i turn the game on i cant see the quest or the arrow. When i turn quest helper off i see the the quest but the arrow isnt working right. When i move the number doesnt go higher or lower and it isnt pointing in the right direction. It is so annoying.

Amber RubyHeart lvl 38
Magus Pyromancer
Yes mine is acting up like this also,when i am in crowned areas and stuff to where it comes to asking for error reports.And i have been listening to my friends they say sense the to realms mixed together they have had 100,000 while they have their membership,i have mine to but i have not received any crowns what so ever and i'm getting fed up.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
This morning when I logged in, I went to Big Ben to do the quest. I received a wizard graphics error and it crashed. So, I rebooted and tried and logged in again and the same thing happened again.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
If this place is for bugs, then I need to report one.

I was crafting some rock candy for my pet lily to eat after playing the maze game, and it said that I completed a quest. I checked my quest log and it said that I crafted two rings of apothosis ( ) I went to the balthazar dragonthorn and he had the grey question mark over his head. I apparently need the rings to complete the quest and at the bazzar no one has sold even one of the rings. Can anyone help please?

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Seriously! Wizard city used to be the least glitchy place in the spiral! Now its the most. I believe the Ravenwood black object is caused by when you enter there when the lightning is striking. It also happens when you enter there from the dorms. They seriously need to fix this. ( lightning above tor-what's his name again?) And the butterfly wings in the commons caused by entry into the commons when there is not a big black wall in ravenwood. I have entered ravenwood and noticed the black object small looks like a strechy door handle. ( mostly like a bathroom stall door handle.) And triton ave. i so glichy just apon entry! Everybody starts smearing! I as well am afraid for what glitchy future is in store for us wizards...

Elizabeth thundersword- Grandmaster lvl 50 Diviner

Alexandra drake- Adept lvl 21 Conjurer

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
Ok yes.... there is a lot of glitches and all some of them I don't mind but some just are soo annoying!! When I'm in Ravenwood the ground and all its surrounding is a blank black wall. Another one when i'm in the commons a giant Butterfly (yellow) will just be in the middle of the place and it is really creepy :? And when i was in The Alatar of Kings and I try going into some place with a gate it will keep moving me back so i have to keep walking backwards in it to get inside. :(